Intellicig EVOlution One Month On

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladybug51

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2008
Southern CA, USA
Bug,

You've done business with puresmoker, right? And he's right in Cali. Nothing there you see that you like? If you get the battery passthrough set up, at least you don't have to worry about batteries.

Lu

I got his carts. Will look at e-cigs. Not sure what you mean about battery passthrough. What is that?

Thanks Lu

nqhqhz

Verified Member
Jan 1, 2009
Ireland
I have a similar issue to the cutoff thing described above, what happens is the following:

I take a drag on the evo for two seconds, and remove it from my mouth
evo is still whistling and LED is still lit after I take it out, finally stops three seconds later
evo is now useless for two minutes
&!?&@(*#!!

It's annoying because it's an excellent device. This especially happens outside, by the way. I think it's just a dodgy pressure switch. I will be receiving another battery in a couple of days, I will see if that's different (if it is, I will regard the current one as defective) I am not using liquid with the evo, just supplied carts.

Update on the above: I let the battery sit in a jar of uncooked rice (Uncle Ben's) overnight and this has been resolved. YMMV. I also agree that this e-cigarette gets better over time. I find the default cartridges are not as long lasting as some others, but I am getting some liquid (hopefully this week) so I will see how refilling goes.

igetcha many thanks for the free information by the way. It is hard not to like this product so I can see why you're so enthusiastic.

As an aside: Can you re-seal topped up cartridges using those silicon plugs for later use?

ladybug51

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2008
Southern CA, USA
Dearest LadyBug,

I think you are the most amusing and entertaining person on this forum! I always have a good laugh when I read your posts.

Long live the Bug!

Lil

Thank you very much efaglil. I'm glad some one does.;) I a bug and talk a lot, hush everyone, but I like to have fun. I love people and chit chatting with em.

Have a great day and Happy New Year! It's going to be veddy in-terd-est-ing. as quated in the old Rowan and Marin's Laugh In. You're probably too young to remember. Ah, should I say I was just a wee little thing? Ya, right.

I will be forever 29 even if I don't look it. As for long live the Bug? God does have a sense of humor and knowing him, he'll keep me around till I'm 100. But I'll wear roller skates with my walker.:D

Bug

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
Update on the above: I let the battery sit in a jar of uncooked rice (Uncle Ben's) overnight and this has been resolved. YMMV. I also agree that this e-cigarette gets better over time. I find the default cartridges are not as long lasting as some others, but I am getting some liquid (hopefully this week) so I will see how refilling goes.

igetcha many thanks for the free information by the way. It is hard not to like this product so I can see why you're so enthusiastic.

As an aside: Can you re-seal topped up cartridges using those silicon plugs for later use?

uncooked rice! lmao

not heard of that one! does it soak up excess juice or something? let me know please!!!

what does YMMV mean??

and yes, fill your carts up and then put the plug back to stop juice spilling.

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
Thank you very much efaglil. I'm glad some one does.;) I a bug and talk a lot, hush everyone, but I like to have fun. I love people and chit chatting with em.

Have a great day and Happy New Year! It's going to be veddy in-terd-est-ing. as quated in the old Rowan and Marin's Laugh In. You're probably too young to remember. Ah, should I say I was just a wee little thing? Ya, right.

I will be forever 29 even if I don't look it. As for long live the Bug? God does have a sense of humor and knowing him, he'll keep me around till I'm 100. But I'll wear roller skates with my walker.:D

Bug

"Bug" i swear that sometimes you are talking in code. its like reading a riddle!

a usb pass thru is basically a way to get constant power to your e-cig. it connects your cig to a pc via a usb cable so no need to ever worry about batteries!

intellicig do ship to the usa now by the way, but if you wanted to purchase closer to home then get a 901 from puresmoker.com

he has very good customer service from what i read on the forum.

ladybug51

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2008
Southern CA, USA
hey sexpot, you need to order from the uk site which is www.intellicig.com

ps...will send you a pm soon......not had a lot of time recently to sit down and write to you!

SEE! big boy. I did ask about ordering from low blow John. I didn't like his response to one of my emails and his prices are too high and too far awayy to my likin'. That's like-in. Not licking incase you try to make something out of that comment, you perverted nut.:pervy:

It's what everyone else was saying that made me think you was selling em too.

Still want those chocolates IF you want a saucy PM from me chap. Do you have a See's Candy over there in never never land? If not, you can call them and have it special delivered to me. Nuts and chews and I'll give ya me address. Ah, better not. You'll probably post that too. Best get a PO Box.

Now my flippen other battery died. I might get really mean soon.

Kiss kiss me love.:wub:

nqhqhz

Verified Member
Jan 1, 2009
Ireland
uncooked rice! lmao

not heard of that one! does it soak up excess juice or something? let me know please!!!

what does YMMV mean??

and yes, fill your carts up and then put the plug back to stop juice spilling.

Thanks for the advice! Uncooked rice is a dessicant (very absorbent - a bit like silica gel) and any water vapour or similar which gets into it is held by it. It's also a good solution for when you drop your mobile phone into a large body of water! You could probably get much the same effect by leaving it hole down wrapped in paper towel I'd say. Forgot to mention that it needs a bit of warmth as well. I just happened to have a jar of rice for this sort of thing.

YMMV is your mileage may vary. I'm not certain this will work for everyone.

ladybug51

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2008
Southern CA, USA
"Bug" i swear that sometimes you are talking in code. its like reading a riddle!

a usb pass thru is basically a way to get constant power to your e-cig. it connects your cig to a pc via a usb cable so no need to ever worry about batteries!

intellicig do ship to the usa now by the way, but if you wanted to purchase closer to home then get a 901 from puresmoker.com

he has very good customer service from what i read on the forum.

Riddles! Riddles? Who you talkin to. You even quoted to the wrong person. Now I see you either left or your hiding. From me.

As for the pass through. What, am I supposed to stay locked to my computer at all times? If that is what you mean. You did say pc. Only pc's I know of are computers. And btw: I do not have a PC. I have a MacIntosh.

And for riddles? What does Imao stand for. Did you find out what YMMV stands for. Ya, I talk in riddles. Ya know, I'm glad you are typing. I wouldn't understands ya if we was on the phone.

Hey chap, I tease, A LOT. If you find a wink or a wub, it means I' giving you a hard time. Like your lol's?

Who loves ya baby.;) :wub: :hubba: Is that enough?

ladybug51

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2008
Southern CA, USA
Some current threads about USB Passthru's for you Bug.

USB passthrough batts

I don't use batteries anymore!

See what you think....

Lil

Thank you again efaglil. You're a doll.

And thank you. I am real slow today with a lot to do.

I went there and didn't understand their lingo and left a quote. Wouldn't you have to use a certain e-cig? It doesn't look like it would with a pen style which I've enjoyed. But I'll use a different one if it means long life batteries with this USB passthrough.

I'm about to go ape waiting for that light to turn green. I think I'll unscrew it, take a couple of long throat hits and screw it back in.

You are sweet and very patient with me. Why do you think I call myself,
BUUUUUUG. =^..^=

Notice igethca is gone. Think I drove him crazy, poor guy. He must need some sleep too. He seems to get frustrated easily. I best tone it down with him and go after ratinahat.

Last edited:

ladybug51

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2008
Southern CA, USA
igethcha:

WHAT???

Above is sweet, simple and to the point. I keep tellin you, my brain is slow when I haven't had me sleep or get frustrated rushing. Me battery is chargin and I'm haunting the red light to turn green.

I been up since 4:00 my time and I am in need of nicotine. The carts Steve sent are only lasting me a day mostly.

Be nice to me and I promise I'll be nice to you. Just no more big read underlined letters with lots of exclamation marks. Deal? Moi Hey, where's my symbols. Okay, homemade. :~)

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
There are usb-pass-throughs for both pen-style and mini-style.
You don't need to be chained to your computer to be able to use usb... anything with a charge in it and a usb-plug on it can be used. This means you can plug a usb-appliance into a wall-plug; into a car-lighter; powerpacks (= batterypacks) come with usb-outlet. So there are all kinds of ways you can use your usb-passthrough...

Hope that helps :)

epoxi

Supplier
Sep 24, 2008
Switzerland
Hi everybody!

I've just recieved my EVO this morning, and I'm really happy with it. Thank's for the comments and reviews that have convinced me of buying it :) (I was having only an 901 that I dont appreciate, maybe I've got a crappy one)

I'm really impressed by the overall quality and finition, I was just wondering of the quality of the mouthpiece's plastic and they are mat and very comfortable ! (I'm not a fan of the shiny plastic finish)

I've got some old carts and some new ones, wich are running longer and don't leak (much better leak protection form). I was a bit disapointed at first by the rapidity they go dry, but I found after that it was an old one, it still acceptable with the new.

I don't know if the batteries come full or partialy charged, but they have last something like 3h, on very hard puffin'. I hope that after a full charge they will last the 8 hours some have claimed... It will be a dream!

It's just bad that they have release the small battery after my command, next time I'll order some black and some small too :)

(sorry for my bad english, it's not my language)

nqhqhz

Verified Member
Jan 1, 2009
Ireland
Hi everybody!

I've just recieved my EVO this morning, and I'm really happy with it. Thank's for the comments and reviews that have convinced me of buying it :) (I was having only an 901 that I dont appreciate, maybe I've got a crappy one)

I'm really impressed by the overall quality and finition, I was just wondering of the quality of the mouthpiece's plastic and they are mat and very comfortable ! (I'm not a fan of the shiny plastic finish)

I've got some old carts and some new ones, wich are running longer and don't leak (much better leak protection form). I was a bit disapointed at first by the rapidity they go dry, but I found after that it was an old one, it still acceptable with the new.

I don't know if the batteries come full or partialy charged, but they have last something like 3h, on very hard puffin'. I hope that after a full charge they will last the 8 hours some have claimed... It will be a dream!

It's just bad that they have release the small battery after my command, next time I'll order some black and some small too :)

(sorry for my bad english, it's not my language)

What small battery are you referring to? I understood they were going to release a black one, is it smaller as well? Though I don't see anything new on the site.

epoxi

Supplier
Sep 24, 2008
Switzerland
On the supplier's forum, thread: "Intellicig EVOlution - The Next Generation." (page 2, old thread)

Shining Wit have said (post #10): "We will also be introducing a shorter version of the EVO battery which will give the EVO a total length of just 95mm compared with the standard King Size 108mm."

and: "to satisfy demand for a fashionionable e-cig that looks really cool and still delivers, we will be launching a very nice matt black version of the EVO with blue tip"

the black version is not yet released, but the short version yes ;)

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
On the supplier's forum, thread: "Intellicig EVOlution - The Next Generation." (page 2, old thread)

Shining Wit have said (post #10): "We will also be introducing a shorter version of the EVO battery which will give the EVO a total length of just 95mm compared with the standard King Size 108mm."

and: "to satisfy demand for a fashionionable e-cig that looks really cool and still delivers, we will be launching a very nice matt black version of the EVO with blue tip"

the black version is not yet released, but the short version yes ;)

i stand corrected! the funny thing is that i looked at the site 30 mins ago and could only see the regular battery for sale. ive just looked again and another shorter battery is for sale too! either i didnt notice it or they have just added it to the site!

this is what it reads:-

The Mighty Atom is the shorter version of our Genie Lithium Ion battery and measures just 61mm long. When attached to the vapouriser this gives a total length of 95mm which is about the same as a superking cigarette. We have squeezed as much power as possible into this little beauty so that you still have plenty of performance at full power. Even better is that we are holding the price down to just £7.99. Currently available with red tip. The picture shows the Mighty Atom next to the standard Genie.

and here is the link:-

http://www.intellicig.com/evolution-mighty-atom-battery-p-74.html

its priced at £7.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread