Insight for the newbie to ecigs and vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southernbelle

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2011
Louisiana
Marcutio311, thanks for the info! Being new here I don't know how to PM you, but if you can PM me I'd be happy to find out about some of the blanks and pre-filled cartos that I can use with my V2 cigs. Are there better blanks out there than those that V2 sells? I've used some of theirs, filling with Vapealicious liquid, which is pretty good stuff. I don't mind using liquid and refilling, but I also like the ease of the pre-filled sometimes too.

Marcutio311

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Piitsburgh
You have 30 or 45 days I think to return the v2cigs and even tho the manual has worked great for me, if you are having trouble send it back for sure. And try another company for a 3.7(4.2 at full charge) device umm this site here ecf has great suppliers listed, you might even want to go with a mod. Also just food for thought my back up is a auto and its the new diamond series from vapor4life and I love it. Its got a diamond at the end that lights up, their only like 17.99 which isnt too bad. Also has a 20 sec cutoff which is the lonnnnngggg. Its the longest I have seen from any company. So what exactly is happening with your auto and notebook, I would like to know?

Shadow102

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
Eastern Panhandle, WV
For those wondering about the USB PT's and your computer.

PC USB 2.0 can deliver up to 5V of power, provided there is no data transfer involved.
PC USB 2.0 operates at up to 500mA or 0.5A. (there are a few exceptions in new mobos)
PC USB 3.0 (the new hotness) operates at up to 900mA or 0.9A. (once again, there are a few exceptions)

Most USB PT's (excluding inline battery models) require 1.5A-2A to operate as expected. Inline battery models typically draw 350mA-500mA to charge the battery while you vape at 1.5A-2A.

While it is possible to operate a standard PT from a computer USB it will not perform at its peak. Damage to your USB port and your motherboard is also possible. Most commonly this would be in a "short" situation, such as leakage of juice into an unsealed PT (just like leakage into an auto battery) or worn/damage wiring.

Either way I'd rather replace an $8 wall/car USB PT connector than a $75-$300 mobo.

Marcutio311

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Piitsburgh
yep dmg could happen people say, I would also recommend to use through your wall outlet. I just got the buzzpro for my new mod, hope it performs well. Also southern umm other than nhaler which has great cartos, you can get some horizontal cartos which run really well to, and use the most of your juice like you want. KR808D-1 Blank Horizontal Coil Cartomizers | Horizontal Coil Blank Cartomizers heres a link to some and they seem to be great, and I called the owner and she was awesome very helpful and she uses them on both pt and her manual and they run great and dont burn out, I will have them in a few days and let you know how they do.

Marcutio311

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Piitsburgh
the wow cartos dormouse are 2.6 ohm i was told be them, yeah 2.5 ish to 2.8 2.9 seems to be ideal for 3.7 up to 4 wutever volts, and their cool carts are 3.5 or 3.6 I forgot 3.5 i think he said. I just got some horizontal coil coming in that are 2.6 to 2.9 so i am stoked on that. these will def work the best out there, including the dual coil which is also great i hear and can run up to 6v and its funny cuz it will be 1.5 ohm and i didnt get how it wouldnt burn or be harsh on ya, and I called and found out from a nice owner its cus theres two coils which i knew but one is high resis and one is low and they like balance each other out. So you like get the benefits oh a low carto, but with the goodness and protection and some cooling of a high resis, crazzy. I am gonna try these out once too, just to see but the horizontal is soo damn good I wont really dnt need too. Even my vertical ones from nhaler are like ......ed good, sooo.. but yeah the 2 ohm is a lil low for being vertical coil I got. It broke in after a lil, but it was a lil harsher for having pg juice like i had atm and burned up juice lil too quick, but didnt burn up the carto or nothing cuz their made well so that doesnt happen. But yeah you were on point about this and thanx for the help, 2.5 to 2.8 tho to me is like the best cartos range I would say for people to get if getting vert or hortiz reg cartos. In all the dimensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread