Refilling cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krissie Pearse

Nov 7, 2011
UK
The <insert company name> e-cigs I'm using come in the form of battery and prefilled carto, stating that you shouldn't attempt to refill it. The model, I believe is the k808 (3.7v battery, looks like a standard size cigarette). I've seen talk of empty carto's though, and the possibility of filling them with fluid from elsewhere.

Is it possibly to refill the pre-filled carto's that I buy from said company, and if not, why to they say I shouldn't?

Also, is it generally cheaper, the same, or more expensive to buy empty carto's to fll myself, and how long can such a carto last?

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
WELCOME TO THE ECF

There's no reason why you couldn't refill them. Just put something that is very similar into the cartomizers. Make sure you take them off the battery before you fill them.

Generally, it's better for you to get blank cartomizers because it'll give you the ability to try out any e-liquid that you want. Also, the price that you get those bottles will be cheaper then what you pay for pre-filled cartomizers.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Maybe or maybe not. Some rebrander cartos may be crap - basically if the vendor your prefills came from doesn't sell blank cartos too then there is a chance your cartos will be crap for refilling. Some cartos are not designed well for refilling - have hard to remove caps, inner seals to thwart forcing the juice in, crappy loose unformed stuffing that compresses after one use.

Buy decent cartos for KR808D-1 (like Vapor4Life, Bloogplanet, SmokelessImage, Halocigs G6) and then yes you can refill them for sure if you use suitable juice (and I consider suitable juice for slim ecig cartos to be thin juices, high in PG, low in VG, and as clear as possible with no flavoring sediment)

I don't really consider it refilling though. if you run a carto dry and singe it, it will probably always have a singed taste. I keep my cartos damp with liquid, never letting them get dry. I can get about 7 days use (at about 2ml use per day) out of a KR8 carto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread