Insight for the newbie to ecigs and vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcutio311

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Piitsburgh
I have tried many diff juices batteries cartos, filled and blank, and companies. And alot of new people will get too drawn into advertising so just wanted to throw a few tips out there to save your money. Something we all looked for in ecigs to stay off the killer cigs was a easy draw and think vape, being able to take long enough of a hit and wanting the strong throat hit. These are some biggies so you can stay off the reg cigs. To start with what battery do we want. Well some companies advertise their battery is 4.2 V and others are under that and some say their the best, but the truth is most of the ecigs now run at about 4.2V at full charge, but after use a lil they all come down to between 3.5 and 3.7V. Dont be fooled when a website claims to have the better battery just because they run at 4.2v. The higher volts though the hotter faster the juice in the carto burns. Next fact is most batteries will die in about a year or 300 charges so go with a company with a lifetime guarantee. And the one I suggest is v2 cigs. They offer a lifetime guarantee on their batteries or up to 5 replacements. Vapor4life also makes good batteries, and have a new diamond tipped one thats kool that comes in auto.

Next with batteries, should I get manual or auto. Auto produces a good amount of vape but the manual will produce more. You hold down a button on the battery which heats up the juice before you hit it, and if you do that on top of having a long cutoff or a really long cut off like vapor4life which is 20 secs(compared to safecig which is 3 i think, and greensmoke which is 5) then you will get a huge hit like some of us want. Most of us cant hit longer than 7 or so secs and I wouldnt suggest it because you will burn up your carto quicker. Next there is the usb pass through battery you can buy and it is worth it. It wont wear down like the other batteries because its directly connected through usb cable into the computer and always giving you a steady volt hit. And also it runs with most at 5.1 volts. Also for v2 cigs and vapor4life you can get a usb passthrough thats also manual which is a amazing combo.

Second part of the ecig is the cartomizer. And this has alot to do with all the qualities you want in good vaping as well. You want a lower resistance carto(ohms)(2.0 to 2.5), this will make for less resistance and let you burn hotter quicker also for a big vape. 2.8 to 3.0 would be considered high resistance and if u want a lighter drag this is fine and I would also recommend a higher ohm carto when using your usb passthrough since it is a higher volt. So you dont burn the carto out to quickly. Nhaler.com sells all sorts of cartos that are great. They got blanks and prefilled. Theres too many diff ones to talk about them so you can message me any questions.

Now we get down to the fill your own cartos or buy a prefilled one. At first I got drawn into advertisement without enough research and i went with greensmokes new flavormax prefilled cartos. They say youll get 360 puffs comapred to the avg prefilled that gets you like 240 I think. These are also like 17$ and the avg ones are 12$ I did like them, but their very expensive and the truth is your lucky to get one full day out of one of these let alone a avg carto plus I counted and you dont get anywhere near the advertised amount of puffs. This is because we take longer drags then what they estimate. Some of us alot longer. And you end up spending the same as smoking or spending more money, when you wanted to save. So I would def go with filling your own cartos. Their are some good prefilled ones too I will tell you about if you need to know.

I find that the avg price for juice is around 13$ w/o shipping. And Vapor4life has the most flavors out there and has a great product. the prem ones are good as well as the nobacco juice from that site.
I didnt calculate it yet, but you save many times more buy filling your own cartos plus you can clean your blank ones you buy after using them, after a few times though they wont work as well. You can get 5 blanks for about 9$ w/o shipping and you might put about 25 drops in a avg carto or 1ml and the 13$ bottle of juice is 30ml so do the math how much you get for 1 bottle of juice and one 5 pack of cartos. Bout a carton of normal cig per bottle of juice. Thats wayyy cheaper than spending 13 to 17 dollars for a pack of 5 prefilled cartos and you get about 5 or 6 packs worth from that buy. For any questions about filling your own or how different ones match up message me.

So those are the basics for the parts. Very last thing people want that used to smoke alot or have a hard time quitting is usually the throat hit. And I thought getting a juice or prefilled like reg or menthol cigs we smoked(flvr) would be the best. But theirs better for throat hit. And the best I have found after trying many from vapor4life is the Caramel mocha frappocino 36mg nic level nobacco juice. Coffee works too. This gives you a hard throat hit. And if you join this with filling a low resistance carto and having a manual battery and or using the passthrough if at home, you will hands down get the closest thing to actually smoking and this is what most people want.

Now there are more expensive ecig models I could get into that are super powerful but ones like these have like a hour or lil more battery and you dont want that when out and about so you wanna find the best normal traveler ecig and v2 manuals are probably your best bet because they perform great like vapor4lifes do and some others but these guys are one of the only contenders I found with the lifetime warranty(or 5 batterys). So I would definitely not just buy any old starter kit thats super advertised, go with a good warranty because you will be replacing your battery in a year or so.

This is plenty of enough here to start, but of course theres more; like battery type questions and what cartos will fit what batterys and can I use different cartos on different batteries, and if you message me I will help you out. Will say I used to smoke marb reds all day for years and cold turkey I went to ecig manuals, filling my own cartos and getting a juice with a good throat hit and I was able to stay off the cigs. And once you quit for a good few months the want for all the other crap that was in the reg cigs will be gone. And you will only still crave nicotine and at this point you can work on stopping that too, or have fun vaping some Delicious flavors at night if its what you love lol. I also have skype and will show anyone on webcam some of the products I have listed that seem to work best so you can see for yourself what you will get before you buy it.
Just moved and at the moment have products like the ones I listed to actually show.

Lastly, I wasted alot of money though going on ecig review sites and going with the top companies in the list after narrowing it down. It never satisfied me. After forgetting names and advertisements, and learning the science to these basic devices I learned its easy to know what to buy, that will work the best. And I can help you throughout the way. Get at me if you got any questions. :p

:mad: Disclaimer: This info was in no way to sell any product exclusively, only to spread knowledge of the products out there, and I also do not work for any companies nor receive any monetary value from using any certain brand names.:mad:

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Nice guide. I usually don't recommend below 2.5 ohms on a slim ecig. I do use whatever the Vapor4Life WOW cartos are - they are hot and work fine.

One other point - Shop the Sales. V4L's shipping is not cheap - almost $7. But they have a LOT of sales. And you can usually count on some kind of sale every holiday and during some big sports events. Some sales have a $50 minimum and some don't. When holiday approaches I watch for a sale email and I shop the sales. I usually save enough to make up for the shipping and more. I just bought stuff this weekend on a sale and got 24% off - I restocked my 2 fave juices and blank WOW cartos.

Last edited:

Marcutio311

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Piitsburgh
Thanx for the info and yes I do shop the sales. As for the low ohms cartos I use form nhaler on my reg ecig batteries, I dunno what it is but just like they said in the details it runs well and doesnt burn up and produces alot of vapor. But 2.5 is considered low also so yeah that would work great, I just use these ones from nhaler for their quality. And yeah the vapor4life blanks the hot ones run real well, dunno the ohms on them atm but they run great. As for shipping It seems to be a lil high on most places, so I also try to do bulk orders, and use all the coupon codes along with the %off they offer for events or holidays, together I save 20 to 30% soemtimes, which yes does make up for shipping completely.

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Some good beginner information, but I have a few issues with some of the information:

1. Most of us DO NOT recommend plugging a pass-through (PT) into your computer. One, there have been a number of posts where people did that and damaged their computer. Second, for many, you will not get true 5 volt vaping. It is recommended to get a 2 amp/ 5 volt USB to AC adapter and plug right into house current.

2. I don't know what you mean by "super powerful" batteries that only get an hour on a charge. They aren't "super powerful" if they have a mAh rating that only provides an hour of battery life. This could lead someone to think a better battery model is not a good option.

3. What about the significant advantages to vaping with a 5 volt and/or variable volt PV over the small battery PV's? Better throat hit, better consistency, warmer vapor, better flexibility (VV) and longer battery life? I'm a heavy vaper and I get 21 hours on a charge at 5 volts/8.5 watts. Plus with "regulated boost circuit" technology, there is no "battery drain" and loss of power over the 21 hours. Regulated boost circuit technology is the future of better vaping.

Just food for thought.

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
v2cigs lifetime warranty is only valid if you purchase something from them every 90 days. There is always a catch. You are paying 3 times the price for that privilege. That company was a nightmare to deal with, waiting forever for standard overpriced KR808 e-cigs. I'd recommend staying away from them unless you want a part time job calling customer service to get your product.

Happy you have found e-cigs and welcome to the forum. You will find the Chinese flavors in V2cigs cartomizers start tasting pretty nasty once you get your tastebuds back from smoking. There are so, so many better vendors out there for hardware and eliquids.

Marcutio311

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Piitsburgh
The V2 Warranty can only be used within 90 days of your last cartridge or eliquid purchase. As long as you have purchased eLiquid or Cartridge products from V2 within the last 90-days, you may make full use of your warranty for the life of your V2 electronic product. Your V2 warranty will never expire.

This states that as long as you buy some liquid or a pack of cartos within 90 days before you ask to have your battery fixed your good. They also told me this. Hope it works out that way if I ever need it lol.

BardicDruid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Central Texas
I have always said and will always say: stick to the suppliers listed on this forum, you go elsewhere you do so at your risk. In the two years I've been vaping the times I have strayed away from this rule, I've gotten screwed. The eGo or Riva batteries will easily out last any cig looking one, the cig style are only 280mAH and the eGo or Riva are either 650 or 1000mAH which are much larger capacity batteries. Mods are a whole new world.

Marcutio311

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Piitsburgh
I agree and love mods, and smoke them at home, I really like the buzz pro I use at home with a nhaler low resis cart or sometimes tank, like cart more for flavor though and still get great vapor production. Lemme know if you know anything bout this product. Ive heard some good things and it works great for me. Umm as for the v2 manual I use on the go it works great and I get a ton of vapor same amount as people that use better batteries,mods, tanks and such. whats weird though when I look at it again is if you look at that lifetime warranty for v2 the first line seems confusing compared to second thing they say which is if you buy a carto or juice withing 90 days your good. So you can just a something right b4 u send out your product if you have too. Dont think you have to order something every 90 days, and when I called they said I didnt either. Sucks some people have had bad exp cause mine are great with v2 manuals, but for anyone that read my thread and thinks they have the knowledge to get some more advance mods like the buzz pro I got or anything like that I do suggest this highly they give great performance. And yes the suppliers on this site are great thats where I seen buzz pro I think.

Marcutio311

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Piitsburgh
So I called again to double check this warranty juice junky. And no you dont have to order anything every 90 days. If my battery goes bad 2 years from now let say I would just have to place a order for juice or some cartos within 90 days of shipping back the battery to get it fixed. Sorry you had a bad exp with their support, you will see that from most companies you will run into trouble though. In the end alot of us will have parts from all different companies, for each part will be better from certain companies. And since most companies are 3 months to a year like greensmoke then stop after that, I find paying 10 or so more dollars for a battery from v2 with that warranty a great idea. At home though I vape my huge Mods haaa their fun and soo damn addicting!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread