If you thought big tobacco moving into the ecig world was good... Read this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
I'll leave my last comment as follows :

Lorillard does not hide their business philosophy ..

“To Responsibly Bring Newport Pleasure to All Adult Smokers.”

It is this vision that we have identified as our central mission in guiding our business strategies and day-to-day activities at Lorillard. We believe this broad concept of thoughtfully delivering quality tobacco products that bring pleasure and enjoyment to adult tobacco consumers is one that will serve both our customers and shareholders well over the long-term.

As well, they do not hide their political information .. a Company will take advantage of what government allows them to take advantage of ..

Lorillard » Political Contributions

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Not to mention how honest BT was for all those years about cigarettes. I really trust BT to produce a quality ecig, NOT! I can't imagine we'd have any real clue about what's in their juice, no matter what the label said.

yet we trust the Chinese ..

asf146

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
yukon, oklahoma
Regulation is a good thing so you know what exactly you are vaping. Having your product tested really isn't terribly expensive to justify charging allot more. If the current e juice companies don't sell out and pay attention to what happens they can get a license to produce eliquid and sell for a reasonable price. The profit from eliquid right not is quite a bit use that to get setup when the time comes. Its already banned here but you can still get it anywhere

lol makes me think of med commercials on tv.... FDA approved "ejuice".... may cause pains in chest, diahrea, vomitting, sleeplessness, ringing in ears, and not limited to kidney infections. A small percentage of individuals may experience nosebleeds and skin rashes near the mouth area. :p

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... a Company will take advantage of what government allows them to take advantage of ..

Isn't this Really what it All Comes Down To?

Funny how Lorillard, or any BT or BP, is made out to be the Evil. Where, IMO, it is our Government who is to Blame

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
That info pretty well coincides with what they have on their website ..

Not quite...
http://forms.irs.gov/politicalOrgsSearch/search/gotoAdvanced8872Search.action
"We have redesigned the IRS.gov website to make it easier and faster to find the information you need. If you have reached this page by selecting a bookmark that worked previously, it is likely the URL has changed."
Also the link I gave also lists amounts given to Pubs versus Dems, charts, etc. Much easier to peruse.

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I wonder if vendors will just adapt like the other "smoke" shops when they tried to regulate them.

Re-label devices as vaporizers and juice as incense or something. Just by re-naming things they are legally something different, I think. Also, how can they stop me from making my own juice? I could make a PV from flashlight parts.

I think we have too much momentum at this point to stop us. At least I hope so.

Sent from my easy chair using brain waves.

If they make it near impossible to get nicotine (which they easily could), then the rest of it is meaningless.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I'm pretty sure I understand the point .. my point, if you missed it, is that business exists to make money .. if politics furthers that cause, why is that a revelation .. ??

As well, the majority prefer and want a cig-a-like ..

I'm not saying I'm one of them, however, reality is what it is ..

And it appears that you are saying: do nothing and just accept the fact that vaping will be limited to vastly inferior products like Blu.

If we do nothing, that will probably be the outcome. If we ALL join CASAA and financially support CASAA, at least we have a chance to be heard and possibly change the worst case scenario to some degree. As several experts in the Harm Reduction field have stated, if we can at least delay any regulations until the current administration is gone, we have the possiblity of a better outcome.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
And it appears that you are saying: do nothing and just accept the fact that vaping will be limited to vastly inferior products like Blu.

No, it's not what I am saying .. and it's usually best to not guess ..

I am simply stating what business does .. it exists to make a profit .. the whole idea of this thread was, at least I thought, BLU and it's marketing ..

And I don't believe any Administration will make a difference .. the lobby money from BT is spent mostly on Republicans ..

Now, if we could start our own lobbying firm, then we're talking ..

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
yet we trust the Chinese ..

The Chinese eliquid manufacturing industry have a perfect track record right now. In comparison to BT, they are Mother Teresa.

DeKang eliquid meets or exceeds GMP, HACCP, ISO and USP standards and is certified in Europe. They obtain their major ingredients from Dow Chemical.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
No, it's not what I am saying .. and it's usually best to not guess ..

I am simply stating what business does .. it exists to make a profit .. the whole idea of this thread was, at least I thought, BLU and it's marketing ..

And I don't believe any Administration will make a difference .. the lobby money from BT is spent mostly on Republicans ..

Now, if we could start our own lobbying firm, then we're talking ..

I trust the advice of those in the Harm Reduction movement that have been in the political arena for years, more than any of us posting in this thread. They have relationships in the FDA and both the pharmaceutical and tobacco lobbying groups. They have consistently pointed out that a change in administrations will have a better chance of helping our situation. I think they know much more than you or I.

And I have read that CASAA wants to have a lobbying effort. But unless all of us join and start financially supporting CASAA, that will be difficult to do. I assume you are a supporting member of CASAA.

Last edited:

tddman66

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2013
Illinois
Or is it us that is to blame?

Both and all! We need to demand they uphold the oath they take to protect the constitution and our liberty. Our elected officials do not take the oath seriously. BT and Industry Lobby our elected officials (google k-street). In the end the regulations are for sale to the highest bidder.

I'm not so sure we have much of a choice. I believe the electronic voting machines are often rigged. In Florida they had candidates receive -300 votes... How can you receive minus 300? Youtube up and watch the HBO show called "Hacking Democracy". That is how you get minus vote totals.

Both parties sell out. The non war Democrats stand by as we bomb more and more countries everyday with the drones. The Small government Republicans double the size of the department of education.

According to our government it is okay and safe for the public if they (DOJ) sale guns to Mexican Drug gangs but, my goodness we can't have tobacco because it is dangerous. We sure can't have a mom and pop selling vape supply. We need the people who originally approved the use of agent orange to tell us what is safe. We all know the people who work for the government have far more knowledge than common folks.

tddman66

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2013
Illinois
I don't see any of that as a surprise .. business has operated that way for centuries ..

You are correct governments and business have been corrupt since Jesus was a bus boy. This is nothing new. Monopolies are nothing new. Should the free market or government regulation be picking the winners and losers?

tddman66

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2013
Illinois
How do you stop it if they all do it?

Very good question. Get involved in your local government. In the end a bottom answer is the solution. You will need your local sheriff to stand in front of your business and not allow the ATF to take your juice. In Washington the notion of personal Liberty is long gone.

tddman66

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2013
Illinois
I trust the advice of those in the Harm Reduction movement that have been in the political arena for years, more than any of us posting in this thread. They have relationships in the FDA and both the pharmaceutical and tobacco lobbying groups. They have consistently pointed out that a change in administrations will have a better chance of helping our situation. I think they know much more than you or I.

And I have read that CASAA wants to have a lobbying effort. But unless all of us join and start financially supporting CASAA, that will be difficult to do. I assume you are a supporting member of CASAA.

Going to look into this organization, join, and support if what you say is true. Thank you for adding the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread