I finally met a vaper in the wild:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
I see them once in a while. Mostly people I convert. I worked at a treatment center for people quitting drinking and drugs. Got a lot of people started there. True in the wild has yet to happen to me. I don't count the local ecig store.

It doesn't count if you converted them. If you see them at the local ecigs store it is more like seeing a tiger at the zoo than an encounter in the wild:)

hottierockstar

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
southern california
To the OP, that must've been a fun experience.

I run into vapers mostly at the Volcano ecig kiosk, sometimes outside a mall or in a parking lot. I feel weird because most of the vapers I see in the wild look like kids right out of high school. The elderly folks always give me strange looks because they think I'm sucking on a nose hair trimmer.

right?! LOL

i haven't seen nary a one in "the wild" :(
the last time i was at the b&m there were two kids sitting at the "bar" trying flavors...i swear they looked 12! (i must be getting old)

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
right?! LOL

i haven't seen nary a one in "the wild" :(
the last time i was at the b&m there were two kids sitting at the "bar" trying flavors...i swear they looked 12! (i must be getting old)

Yeah, a cop stopped me a while back [not for vaping] and I am thinking "Are you even old enough to drive much less threaten me with a ticket for registration?" I was nice and he let me go. By the way , the vehicle was registered.

memories

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
Jax, Fl
Targetlock:9216817 said:
To the OP, that must've been a fun experience.

I run into vapers mostly at the Volcano ecig kiosk, sometimes outside a mall or in a parking lot. I feel weird because most of the vapers I see in the wild look like kids right out of high school. The elderly folks always give me strange looks because they think I'm sucking on a nose hair trimmer.

Literally busted out laughing!

wandawag

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2013
jacksonville, florida
This is how I got started, my buddy and I both got an njoy while we were at walmart because we were sick and tired of smoking outside in near sub zero temperatures. It was a disposable one that claimed to "last up to two packs!".... Utter bs. It lasted like an hour. I was so ...... off I decided to go down to our local b&m to see what e cigs they had. That's when I found my ego twist. And we've been together since.

what a beautiful love story.

xyanide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
The Netherlands
Vamos tend to leave that impression! I recently got one myself. Just before you pulled it out did she say "Is that a vamo in your pants, or are you happy to see me?". Moving on...

I only met one vaper in the wild. I was at a classic gaming night organized by a local gamestore and local events organization. The whole experience was like some sort of jazz club up in somebody's attic. There were a couple of guys doing live chip-tune music off commodores, amigas, you name it, amazing music and fun people. I walk up to see what they're using for a setup and I found the guy vaping on a lavatube! (I think, it had that tiny red button). At the time I never knew there were bigger e-cigs than an ego so I was a bit surprised people use un-pocketable devices. By the looks of it he was probably using a carto tank but he didn't say much about it.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Funny, I was maybe four or five months into vaping. I was out of town working for Radford University staying with a co-worker at his place. The last night out we went to a steakhouse and I went outside to their patio to vape between the appetizers and our steaks arriving. I met this couple out there who were vaping. They had eGos that they had bought in a kit together and were new to it but obviously enjoying themselves. I pulled my Vamo out and went right over. They both said how nice it was and we chatted it up for about ten minutes. As I was leaving, the guy said, "that thing looks cool, but me and my wife here are good with these smaller ones." I grinned at him, paused for dramatic effect, and said, "she is just saying that to avoid hurting your feelings, but she really wishes she could have a bigger one, like mine." There was a few seconds of tension in the air, like an old west movie. Then the three of us burst in to laughter.

I still hit them up when I go to the Blacksburg area, and we try to meet for dinner whenever it works out. Last time I saw them in March, he had gotten a Provari and she had gotten an eVic. I will keep up with my first "wild" vapers as long as I can. They were my first, but certainly not my last.

nikkysikk

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2013
Michigan
soundcloud.com
I've met a few people out in the wild, and at first they feel awkward when I walk up and just ask what they're vaping from. Until I pull out my PV and then it turns into a full on conversation/debate about the best batteries or juices and I usually walk away with a new friend and sometimes some great new knowledge. But sometimes I meet people at school that smoke the Tsunamis or Square 82's and swear by them that they'd never buy a PV cause "it costs too much."

LaraPaw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Northern VA/DC Metro
First sighting in the wild today!! Make that TWO... young girl at the bus stop smoking a cig-a-like and another guy vaping what looked like a giant.. nose trimmer!! LOL! :) Really exciting, first time I've seen a high performance piece. I've only been vaping about a month so this was really cool. Can't wait to see more!

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
I saw an old lady at a stoplight yesterday with a ego/clearo type set-up, so I honked the horn at her. She gave me this confused/miffed look until she realized what I was waving at her was my Vamo. Then we both got the biggest smiles on our faces as the light changed. I don't see many vapers around here, but there's always a feeling of solidarity when I do, no matter who we are or where we come from!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread