I finally met a vaper in the wild:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
The propane delivery lady came by today. I decided to mention that I quit smoking using my ecig. Turns out she is using an Ego. I showed her my Provari with a tank and told her to come to ECF for support and info!!!! I told her to look me up while she is here. Some of her friends are also using the ecig. She loved my tank/carto combo:)

I finally met a vaper in the wild:)

Bergster

Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
Arkansas
I met a fellow vaper last weekend on a hiking trail. I was back packing and came up on a older lady that was resting and noticed she was holding an Ego-C. I stopped and said nice vaporizer, exchanged a few words and asked how long she had been doing it. Then I showed her my iTaste MVP & IBTanked set up and went on my way. I literally ran into a vaper in the wild :p

FACE MEAT:9210161 said:
It's nice to discover other vapers outside of the forum. I caught a coworker stealth-vaping an Njoy yesterday. I let him try my Provari/Protank. He wasn't even aware that higher quality PVs existed.

This is how I got started, my buddy and I both got an njoy while we were at walmart because we were sick and tired of smoking outside in near sub zero temperatures. It was a disposable one that claimed to "last up to two packs!".... Utter bs. It lasted like an hour. I was so ...... off I decided to go down to our local b&m to see what e cigs they had. That's when I found my ego twist. And we've been together since.

GraceH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
A, A
I met a fellow vaper last weekend on a hiking trail. I was back packing and came up on a older lady that was resting and noticed she was holding an Ego-C. I stopped and said nice vaporizer, exchanged a few words and asked how long she had been doing it. Then I showed her my iTaste MVP & IBTanked set up and went on my way. I literally ran into a vaper in the wild :p

LMAO.....epic!!

zhentipede

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
California, USA
funny thing this afternoon outside of a restaurant... i saw this dude vaping, naturally i said sup man? he just gave me the usual nod.... then i whipped out and started vaping allof a sudden this dude became like a long lost brother from another mother Lmao all chatty and let down his guard lol...
just realized it was no different from meeting fellow smokers when i used to smoke it's one of those ...

Targetlock

Apr 10, 2013
Hawaii
To the OP, that must've been a fun experience.

I run into vapers mostly at the Volcano ecig kiosk, sometimes outside a mall or in a parking lot. I feel weird because most of the vapers I see in the wild look like kids right out of high school. The elderly folks always give me strange looks because they think I'm sucking on a nose hair trimmer.

jenmurray116

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2012
Northern NJ
It's funny to me because I've yet to run into another vaper - I work at a University, I'm 15 minutes outside of NYC - I keep thinking I'll see someone, somewhere - but nope, so far, I'm the odd (wo)man out! While my friends and family are thrilled I've quit, they all look at my spinner set up like it's some gadget from space. Hopefully some day I'll come across someone! :)

Mountain_Rain96

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Atlanta Ga.
To the OP, that must've been a fun experience.

The elderly folks always give me strange looks because they think I'm sucking on a nose hair trimmer.

LMAO! :laugh:

I've only ran into one vaper in the wild, but I didn't get to talk to him. I was sitting at a red light puffing on my eGo/CE4, and this fellow pulls up beside me, and honks his horn. Naturally, I looked over, and he pointed at me, gave me a :thumb:, then held up his own eGo for me to see. I thought it was pretty cool, and it made my day.

Last edited:

John Alexander

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2013
On the back nine
It's funny to me because I've yet to run into another vaper - I work at a University, I'm 15 minutes outside of NYC - I keep thinking I'll see someone, somewhere - but nope, so far, I'm the odd (wo)man out! While my friends and family are thrilled I've quit, they all look at my spinner set up like it's some gadget from space. Hopefully some day I'll come across someone! :)

I live in the same area. I'll keep an eye out for you. :unsure:

TheAngryBovine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Oldsmar, Fl
Tracker II:9218077 said:
My wife claims to have seen a vaper in the wild and even took video to prove it, but the video was in black and white and too grainy so I'm not sure if she really saw one or if it's just a hoax.
That just made me lose my coffee! After 6 months vaping, I finally saw a vaper in the wild outside of b+m's, meets, etc. At the zoo, ironically.

rlh445

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
The first time I saw one in the wild was the other night at the bar. I walked over to ask him and the group he was with if they could get me some napkins and all of a sudden he's puffing on a Blu. He handed me some napkins, I came back over with my Vamo/Protank and all of a sudden it's, 'HOLY YOU-KNOW-WHAT, WHERE'D YOU GET THAT MONSTROSITY' (lol he actually said monstrosity). So I wrote down the name of this forum, where my fave spots are to buy juice and his girlfriend wanted to know just as bad. It was great!

jenmurray116

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2012
Northern NJ
So, it finally happened - I saw my first vaper in the wild last night!! But it was a very odd experience.... I was at a beefsteak dinner for the local fire department. Because NJ bans e-cigs in public places, and it was a dinner, I went outside. I was shocked and pleased that the only other person outside was a woman using an e-cig!! Usually there's always a few smokers out there, but it was just the two of us and our e-cigs. I don't know what she was using but it was this long white e-cig that she barely took out of her mouth. She was floored by mine (spinner w/protank) and she was telling me that her batteries only last like 45 minutes and she has 15 of them charging at any given time (???) She was an older woman and said she started using it after having a heart attack. :( We talked about mine and of course, I told her about ECF and all sorts of things. Then she told me that her teeth are shifting from using the e-cig (??) and how she has to see an orthodontist!! :confused: She was kind of all over the place but I'm glad that I finally saw another e-cig user. :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread