Status
Not open for further replies.

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
My husband does not smoke, never has, but he goes to the club every Monday night where the guys smoke and drink and play poker after their meetings. When he came home he came over to give me a kiss and I bout gagged! I made him strip everything and I immediately put it all in the washer, even his winter coat. There have also been many times I have had to move away from a smoker in the store, I can't believe how strong it is. I will ask my daughter if they smell it, and they always say yes, then they say "u never smelled that bad" !! Somehow that doesn't make me feel better....lol

SusanK

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2011
Virginia Beach
My husband does not smoke, never has, but he goes to the club every Monday night where the guys smoke and drink and play poker after their meetings. When he came home he came over to give me a kiss and I bout gagged! I made him strip everything and I immediately put it all in the washer, even his winter coat. There have also been many times I have had to move away from a smoker in the store, I can't believe how strong it is. I will ask my daughter if they smell it, and they always say yes, then they say "u never smelled that bad" !! Somehow that doesn't make me feel better....lol

My kids tell me that I didn't smell that bad, either. But, yesterday, my daughter told me that I may have smelled that bad, but they were used to it. I think I felt worse after she said they were used to it :(

SusanK

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2011
Virginia Beach
I thought of a very good point to being able to smell the stink of smoke... there's no way my kids will EVER be able to sneak a cigarette without me knowing :) My parents, that I always assumed were dumber than boxes of rocks, always knew. I thought perfume, mints, even drinking milk covered up the stench. Even funnier... how the hell did I think I could sneak a cigarette in the bathroom at high school and think nobody knew it was us. Wow, teenagers are ......!

inter_ceptor00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Minor Details
funny...this is the first thing I noticed as my smell came back....I could smell cig smoke everywhere...people, lingering in a room, emanating from doorways. You do feel awkward thinking thats how you used to smell to other nonsmokers . Not anymore tho! now I smell like coffee or vanilla if anything!

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Well,replaced that smell with the smell of e-liquids in my computer room :lol:

There is no way in hell that I`m putting those bottles in my fridge!

My hands smell like e-liquid too

We always knew we stunk,but we didnt care.

There is an old saying that says: "there nothign as bad as ex-smokers" among the smokers...remember that one?

Hopefully you will all be gentle with them :)

dandelionwings

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2011
Lexington, KY
First, I forgot batteries for the kids Christmas presents. Again. I do this every year. Seriously. I even told myself to write it down and make sure I knew exactly what I needed BEFORE I wrapped. Guess who forgot to do that?

So, I had to make a quick run to Walgreens. I had to totally guess on the batteries, and I needed a few cards for the gift cards for family.

Someone else needed the exact same things as me. Batteries and cards. That someone else was a smoker. And she smelled AWFUL! I couldn't even place it as a cigarette smell, at first. She just smelled so bad that I was looking around trying to figure out what the disgusting stench was... and then, I placed it. She smelled like a week old ashtray. I was suddenly humiliated that I walked around smelling that way. I didn't even know. I've heard the "you stink" comments from my nonsmoker mom and sister... I smelled my husband when he just got done smoking and I hadn't... I just never ever knew just how bad that smell really is.

I feel the exact same why when a heavy smoker walks in around me now----or heaven forbid I unpack a box of stored belongings with clothes in it! To think I walked around this planet as a smoker for 20 years! I owe my kids an apology :-( but that's over now!!!! :)))

Gramma

Dec 28, 2011
Colorado
Interesting that all of you have basically said the same thing about the STINK. I found a new hair stylist last spring, a lovely woman in a small salon. After she applied the color and I had to wait for it to develop, she asked me if I wanted to go outside and have a cigarette with her. "How did you know I smoke? I asked her. She just smiled at me. I still wondered how she knew ... but now after reading all your posts, I KNOW. Also, the doctors. I guess you can lie through your teeth that you don't smoke or that you've "cut back" to almost nothing, but they know. It is very embarrassing to know that people know your secret.

I think back to when my son was dating his girlfriend (now wife of 8 years) and every time he left the house to go pick her up, he would bend his head over in the bathtub and wash his hair with Head & Shoulders shampoo. Now I know ... or at least I'm pretty sure ... that his girlfriend said his hair stunk like MY cigarette smoke. It's no wonder when I hug her now (or recently), she pulls away very quickly. Next time I see her I hope she notices a difference.

I've smoked in my house and in my car for 40+ years ... can't wait for Spring when I can really air out the house.

Happy New Year to everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread