Hurricane Earl

Status
Not open for further replies.

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
They are updating, 932 mb ... still heading west (no northward turn yet).. so heading straight for NC. They are expanding the evacuation areas. Cat 3 or 4.. worse case senario, hits the point (Cape Hatteras area)

Of course, as another Floridian said.. you really don't know what's going to happen with these, until it happens.

Justin25: YOU OK??

Last edited:
I guess it's time to start moving the pool & patio furniture & grill.... Really don't feel like fishing chairs out of the pool again. My grill has been knocked over a few times & that thing is pretty heavy! We get some really nasty wind gusts around here just in a good thunderstorm.. I am not really expecting much from Earl... just winds. Thankfully! (hopefully he stays further off shore)

Stay safe everyone... especially in the Outer Banks!!!

Satharra

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2010
Middle TN
Well, I'm a long, long ways from most of the folks that risk getting hit by Earl or I'd offer to house any refugees.

That being said, I've managed to accumulate some points at various hotels that could provide a night or two of electricity and/or running water. If anyone gets hit and needs these, please feel free to get in touch with me. I'll do what I can to help you out.

Satharra

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2010
Middle TN
Smilin - wow, that is one helpful picture. Sure stinks to be Canada. If that track holds up looks like they will get the worst of it. Hopefully this things swings out to the sea.

Maybe all the hot air in DC will cause it to swerve away ;)

I'd wager that by the time it gets up to Canada it'll be severely weakened. That cold water will drop it down to a tropical storm before it gets to them.

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
2am here in Surf City NC and very happy to report we have dodged the Earl bullet. Plenty of rain and some wind but all is still standing and the power is on. Earl did have the Atlantic raging and it was very beautiful this afternoon. The waves were touching the bottom of the Surf City Pier...that's pretty dang high...Hoping my NC Brothers and Sisters fare as well as we did here...Good Bye Earl and Good Riddance......:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread