• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

How to determine who gets authorized in here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipeous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Surrey, BC, Canada
www.madpro.ca
I am opening this to discussion to the people that are allready here. This affects all of us, and can affect our vape meets. We have many veteran types. We need to get the word out to people about the vape meets for them to be a success, but we also added this forum area to protect the privacy, especially of vendors and the establishments hosting these events.

My thoughts are we give the info out to anyone that has attended in the past. pm would be best as this won't get forwarded around the web in emails. crap can happen. one thing to consider is the threat level has dropped with that website getting taken down allready, but we don't want it public knowledge for that person to call and hassle our people. fine line?

I think also with some basic questions in the regular forum area, we can tell if a person is genuine. I mean people asking where to buy nic is phishing to me. asking where to find a local larann's flavour supplier is a pretty obvious sign of being local. we ask a couple questions, ask if they'd like to attend a local vape meet etc, then once assured they are local, give them the info

Motivaper

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2010
Vancouver BC
Hi whoever's here!

I've had a few conversations with the co-owner of Mavericks and we are all set to have our meet out on the covered patio - which is great (in summer!) They decided not to allow the band to play but only because they have another band's gear set up.

All products are allowed to be sold, they now understand that without the nicotine, for most new people, they wouldn't be satisfied and likely think of e-cigs as just another joke!

So let's just keep the vaping on the deck for this one and decide how and where we want future meets to be. The reality in Canada is, unfortunately, that wherever we meet in a public place, we are "technically" violating the law if using or selling nic.

Pipeous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Surrey, BC, Canada
www.madpro.ca
How does everyone feel about opening this to others outside the lower mainland. I was thinking it might also be a good place for vendors to discuss private matters like health canada and such. seems not many are using this for it's intended purpose

btw I visited with mav's owner a lot that night and he's sure a cool dude.

Motivaper

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2010
Vancouver BC
How does everyone feel about opening this to others outside the lower mainland. I was thinking it might also be a good place for vendors to discuss private matters like health canada and such. seems not many are using this for it's intended purpose

btw I visited with mav's owner a lot that night and he's sure a cool dude.

I think that people are overloaded with places they have to sign up for, log into, remember to check messages at, etc., and we should think through what we want this place to be used for. When that's more clear, the answer about who should come in will become more clear.

I don't think we need to worry about how many people are using it, but knowing it's here when there is an issue that needs discussion!

Personally, I think it should be open to only local people who have attended or will likely attend our meets, and are interested in contributing to the larger effort we have ahead. I think there should be a separate place for local area vendors, juice makers etc., to communicate too, but that's for them to set up.

Just my .02 cent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread