Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Speaking of which, did you guys see on the news yesterday that Mother who is going after Petsafe, a pet door manufacturer because her 2 year old child crawled thru HER pet door, wandered into HER pool and drowned??? That totally blew me away!!! I feel bad for the child but where was she???? Sad thing is she will probably win!!!
If she wins that case, the end of the world can not be far away.

Trashman

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2009
Wisconsin
All,

It's really hard to believe how effective the anti-smoking campaign has been. 30+ years of propaganda has most of America simply not caring about "those people". We're just easy targets. Most people can easily look past their large bellies and blame us for health care costs. We're the reason for it all, etc, etc, etc.

Personally, I'm trying to hit every news agency I can. But I'm a slow, meticulous writer and would like to throw out some ideas to you young bucks :)

A nice thread, with links to good or positive articles would be good, as well as one with a list of news sources to hit. Much easier for everyone to cut and paste.

The ECA has some handy links to our state reps as well as the president.

Speaking of which, the latter could be useful on both sides of the political arena, based on the campaign promise of change.

Not that I'm against regulation, as a matter of fact I'm all for it. As much as I think/know vaping is better for me than cigarettes, I really would like some standards set, but I digress, back to change.

The promise of change was about, among other things, the power of lobbyist's, and/or special interest groups.

There is certainly ample ammunition on both sides of the fence for us to use.

Democrats : where is the change? Big tobacco, big pharma, and the special interest groups such as CASH still seem to have a substantial say in this.

Republicans : Where is the change? The current administration still bows to big tobacco, big pharma, and special interest groups.

On the Republican side, I think that sending stuff to shows like Rush and Hannidy. Hell, everyone.

60 minutes, CNN, JPTV, Podcasts, anywhere and everywhere we can think of.

Of course, that's hoping you can get past the stupidity of our government. I've recently been involved in a zoning ordinance dispute on a local level. I sent letters to everyone I could think of at all levels of government, and one of my brilliant state reps sent me a nice brochure on how to send him concerns, brilliant.

Bottom line, smokers are 40+ million strong, we have a say, we just need to get it out.

just my 2 cents

The Trashcanman (my friends call me Trashman).

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
I just couldn't expose myself like that, BARENETTED, it just wouldn't be fair! 8-o But I'd love to see the video, no doubt about that. Actually it would be a fun thing to do, tell all our personal stories of agonizing waits for the mailman for our equipment and supply shipments, skirting FBI and ATF roadblocks and FDA bans...and having to give up cigarettes and all. Maybe would earn us some brownie points, some sympathy, and our very own paparazzi and stalkers! Might be fun for a day or two. I could tell them about my nicotine testing! Maybe not, that was kinda personal...:oops:
Maybe talk to BIGJIMW about it, he'd have some great ideas for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread