How about we get our story out??

Status
Not open for further replies.

BARENETTED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2009
NEW JERSEY, USA
I had a thought and would like to have opinions.

We have forum members from almost every state in the USA.

We have all seen the negative pieces on the news throughout the country.

What if we emailed our local television stations and asked them to give us a chance to get our (positive) side out to the public. We could ask if they would interview a group of vapers. The news is supposed to be fair and unbiased - right??

What are your thoughts on this?

Couldn't hurt...but you know they've invoked the "naive child" reason to ban this device. Everyone will probably turn a deaf ear to anything else that's said.

I'm writing a letter to the FDA as we speak, in repsonse to the PR letter sent by that pseudo-premier society ATTUD. It's long and probably won't get read, but at least I said my piece.

I might forward it to my reps in the House and Senate. Maybe Lou Dobbs will run with it. ;)

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Me, personally, am hell on wheels behind a keyboard....I put together a (at least I like to think so) well written statement debunking the "Think about the children" that I sent to the guy wanting to ban ecigs in the Long Island area.....

I slapped a copy in my blog. Feel free to browse.....

Last edited:

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
I wrote that nutcase also Vicks. I did like your letter. I get so worked up when I read that "children" argument. How many years have we had the alcohol or prescription drug problem with our kids!! I mean, really??? It all comes down to parental responsibility.

Speaking of which, did you guys see on the news yesterday that Mother who is going after Petsafe, a pet door manufacturer because her 2 year old child crawled thru HER pet door, wandered into HER pool and drowned??? That totally blew me away!!! I feel bad for the child but where was she???? Sad thing is she will probably win!!! What happened to putting a fence around your pool? What happened to being responsible for your OWN child? How can Petsafe be responsible for her child?

I'll get off my soapbox now.

Treece

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2009
USA
I think the "grass roots" approach is very cool. Lets do it!!!

So do I and yes let's! Write, fax, email, post comments, make phone calls, get the word out to everyone you know--whether or not they smoke. I've sent emails to everyone whose address I have, asking them to sign the petition. I've switched two people from analogs to e-cigs.

This can be done, and grassroots is how.

Um. Rah-rah! :thumbs:

eplanet

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
So do I and yes let's! Write, fax, email, post comments, make phone calls, get the word out to everyone you know--whether or not they smoke. I've sent emails to everyone whose address I have, asking them to sign the petition. I've switched two people from analogs to e-cigs.

This can be done, and grassroots is how.

Um. Rah-rah! :thumbs:

Hell yea!!! no one is going to do this for us, we all must unite and get this thing on, whatever it is...on Long Island Spikey started a vape club, every state needs one, I think this is a place to start.
here is a link:
Long Island, New York - Vapers Club

we are interested in other states starting their own chapters...contact spikey.

United we stand, divided we fall!!!
Let's unite!!!

Peace

Last edited:
I just thought of something else.

Perhaps we can get SJ to create a forum just for members who want to work together to get the word out.

If not, we can create our own 'social group'.

I think here is somewhere for that already.. it is called www.righttovape.com :)

I don't want to take anything away from them.. they started the "movement" to save and protect our "right to vape".

I think it is an excellent idea to invite some media to our local meetings. We are not a gorgeous bunch.. but none of us are unattractive and we span the range from 20's to 60's. I think it is a great idea to say LIVE on TV how ecigs have helped us and show the positive side. I have added 4 new vapers clubs to the VapersClub.com directory (It is not really a directory yet.. just a list.. but I will organize it better when I return from my trip next week).

Go Tennessee, Texas, Wisconsin and Arizona (which is coincidentally where I am going tomorrow!) for setting up your local chapters! I will be putting up pics from our May meeting (hopefully before I leave).

I will start compiling a list of the local NY TV stations so we can call them when it is time for our next meeting (May 29!!!! Feel free to travel to us from NJ or PA if you can and participate in our Vape In!). Will write more when I return... keep starting those local clubs and PM or email me with Questions!

iiimathman24iii

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2009
Louisville, KY
www.myspace.com
i read earlier in this thread that there was some negative pieces on e cigs in the news? could anyone be so kind as to point me to said links.....

and also i love the idea of vape clubs because local residents calling politicians on behalf of the K.A.V.R. (in my case) Kentucky Association of Vapor Rights :p or something like that, sound much more official than... "hey this is John doe"... but john doe on behalf of the KAVR sounds much more official.... my point is organizing could never be a bad thing... and the more aligned we are with one another the better chance we have to get the word out... imagine if we all set up an organization with chapters in every major city in whatever country that could act as a voice with somewhat of a force (its members) behind it....that really could result in results lol... sounds intriguing does it not???

idk... but it is a great idea... KUDOS

maybe somebody should try to start a thread asking how many people would join this "club" if it were set up in their state??

peace

i read earlier in this thread that there was some negative pieces on e cigs in the news? could anyone be so kind as to point me to said links.....

and also i love the idea of vape clubs because local residents calling politicians on behalf of the K.A.V.R. (in my case) Kentucky Association of Vapor Rights :p or something like that, sound much more official than... "hey this is John doe"... but john doe on behalf of the KAVR sounds much more official.... my point is organizing could never be a bad thing... and the more aligned we are with one another the better chance we have to get the word out... imagine if we all set up an organization with chapters in every major city in whatever country that could act as a voice with somewhat of a force (its members) behind it....that really could result in results lol... sounds intriguing does it not???

idk... but it is a great idea... KUDOS

maybe somebody should try to start a thread asking how many people would join this "club" if it were set up in their state??

peace
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...island-banning-e-cig-please-watch-urgent.html

local ban story

US E-Smokers - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat

people trying to start local groups by area

screenz

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2009
The best way to promote the e-cig is by getting one into the hands of President Obama. It also addresses the FDA problem as I posted elsewhere.

"President Obama's Administration is poised to ban the e-cig through actions of Obama's EPA. I have a simple way to solve our problem.

Send the President an E-Cig. Send him a solid cigarette device like the 901. If the President were to actually get a good e-cig, he might find it replaces his messy cigarette habit.

He would love it, he could smoke in the Oval, his personal residence or anywhere throughout the White House. No one would know. What a great way for him to grab a quick fix.

The trick is getting him one. How do we do it? Anyone have any ideas? What about the ECA. Could it be done?"

Duckies

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Philly
The best way to promote the e-cig is by getting one into the hands of President Obama. It also addresses the FDA problem as I posted elsewhere.

"President Obama's Administration is poised to ban the e-cig through actions of Obama's EPA. I have a simple way to solve our problem.

Send the President an E-Cig. Send him a solid cigarette device like the 901. If the President were to actually get a good e-cig, he might find it replaces his messy cigarette habit.

He would love it, he could smoke in the Oval, his personal residence or anywhere throughout the White House. No one would know. What a great way for him to grab a quick fix.

The trick is getting him one. How do we do it? Anyone have any ideas? What about the ECA. Could it be done?"
Already happened. Back in Feb/March of this year. There are a number of Senators and Congressmen who vape and they took him one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread