Status
Not open for further replies.

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
hehehe, its horrible isnt it!!! I switched food brands hoping maybe it would help a little... So far, no go :( but I'll try and remember to let you know if I find something that works

Sorry for getting ot.gif But bad breath can also be a sign of gum disease and/or an infected tooth. Try to check your cat's gums (if you can do it without getting bit... lol) for any sign of redness or swelling.
Brushing is not something I ever wanted to try, but there are pastes you can get that you can just rub on with your finger, or even sprays, that will help cut down on the plaque/tarter build-up and help with any minor irritation. Anything more serious will need a trip to the v-e-t for some antibiotics.

And just to lighten things up a bit, here is a little song from the TV show "Friends" (the 'Official' video)...

Plus a little clip of her trying to teach it to Crissie Hynde of The Pretenders... angelic.gif

Smelly cat - YouTube

Last edited:

gjns711

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2011
Cartersville, VA
Oh God your right SpaceKitty, If I had only listened to Pheobe all those years ago I wouldn't be so upset right now, I thought she was just being mean. I would have known deep down that my precious ..... cats don't smell like sweet purfume all the time.....Oh and I did check all their teeth and gums, they are healthy and sound, just a little "Smelly".

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Ok, this sounds really bad and I'm sorry in advance to my kitty cats for dissing them like this but, I just realized that cats have bad breath! I never new that a cat wasn't purrfect...this has really bummed me out. I have a cat in my lap all the time when I am at home, right now Lolly Pop is curled up right in front of my laptop and instead of loving this closeness that she and I have always shared I keep thinking, "Lolly Pop you need to do something about that mouse breath, good grief". I guess there was something to be said for not being able to smell....

Okay - still :offtopic: (but also a gentle bump for a good contest and "REALLY NICE" Vendor) . . .

Just as an FYI: When the cause of "Bad Breath" in our pets was not health related or from Tartar build up on their teeth . . . the one thing that work quit often (as it does for humans) was a huge portion of Cilantro and/or Parsley leaves mixed in with their food . . . Also, a friend who takes care of over 300 pets in a no kill shelter told me that there are some other "natural" herbal and homeopathic ingredients that are available in "Health Food" Stores that will remedy the situation and pointed me to a web site that mentions them . . . "such as Apium graveolens Foeniculum officinale and Gallium aparine (Cleavers) known herbs to stimulate natural cleansing and assist in the routine detoxification of the body – thus dramatically reducing the symptoms of bad breath in animals, while helping to combat the underlying causes, thus leaving your pet’s breath naturally sweet and inoffensive." Hope this information helps . . .

Now - if we could only get some more people to enter this contest . . . :D

View attachment 58867

AngelsRUs

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2011
Montana
The quirkiest vaping related incident that happened to me in my 2months of vaping has to do with my cat "Bright Eyes". She always hated it when I smoked and acted like one of those non-smokers who over react making a huge seen...she always took off like a bat out of hell when I reached for a cig. Also her favorite food is people food. Any kind of people food. She will come running when she smells food and the begging commences quite quickly.

So the other day I was trying out a sample I was given of "french toast" and Miss Bright Eyes came running, sniffing the air and searching between my husband and I to locate the plate of food, she was quite confused by not finding a plate or someone eating. Eventually she camped out nearby sniffing the air on occasion and pouting that mama was not giving her any bites...and was hiding it to boot! She looked quite pitiful...we were in stitches!

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
pa
I don't know if this is quirky, funny or just really stupid. I have a habit of keeping my ego in my shirt pocket. A few weeks ago I was out on an emergency job late and I had forgotten my PV. Aggravated, tired and having nic fits I bummed a cigarette :blush: from one of the maintenance guys. Sure enough I got distracted - took 2 or 3 puffs and put the lit analog in my shirt pocket :oops:

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
:glare:so weird encounters count ?? ...I had one last night @ Burger King ...

I had 4 stops to make on my "rounds" as I call it ...ya know like going to 7-11,$ store,taco joint 4 ice, then drive thru for dinner ...but even tho I had a few pv's loaded & running nothing was really doin' it for me ..cept my "BIG" ce2 TANK ...so I don't think twice & grab it & go .

No big deal till I get to BK in the drive-thru ...when I pulled up to window & was waiting I was vaping away & looked over a caught the lady's eye & they just got HUGE :blink:...like I was playin' w/a gun or something!

She sped up & was trying to hurry & get my order together & deal w/regs. etc ...but staring @ me the WHOLE time ....so then she opens the window but "just barely" and barks the amount due @ me. So I'm handing her the money & she reluctantly sticks one arm out & takes the $$ really fast ! & I'm thinkin' ...what is wrong w/this lady ? So I said,as I pointed my pv @ her "It's NOT a CRACK PIPE or anything like that " & she jumped back & said "Well what IS IT then ! & What's IN IT ?

So I start explaining it & she calms down & opens the window & gives me my change & food ...And says "Thanks for telling me "whats up" then..... cuz YOU SCARED ME !!

LOL :lol: !!! I mean what could she have been thinking that I was "gonna' do" to HER .....??? :lol:

kvesicgirl

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
We have a winner!!!!!!!!! Please continue to use those bleach tablets-heheheheheh
I cant believe I am gonna publicly tell this... but all in the name of CE3!

I was in my bathroom, CLEANING it. I always take the tank off the back on the toilet and drop in a bleach tablet. WELL... I had just got back from shopping, had all the groceries put away, and on the way to the back of my house where .I keep some of my vape supplies, I thought I would just take care of the tanks.

I put my go-go in my mouth to hold it, lifted the top off the toilet getting ready to drop in the tablet... when my drip tip let go.

My husband almost gagged when he saw me digging my PV outta the toilet.....

Now you know WHY I use bleach tablets.....

kvesicgirl

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Winner of the most likes received!!!! Congrats Ripple.......
Heh, quirky, yeah:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:........I won something in the very first contest I entered at ECF and it poisoned my mind to think I could win consistently, it is a belief that has caused me endless frustration and at best a 1% success rate:facepalm:, BUT is also provided me the opportunity to see a lot of the different vendor's websites, check out a lot of mods (still eluding me!:laugh:), and has helped me research more than you could ever know!!!:thumb:;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread