Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCB1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
New Jersey
Ok, first off, will be ordering the easy carto punch thing Bov posted that Mark came up with. Tried the saddle valve and it was a major PIA.

Secondly, got one of my tanks (Who's Your Daddy Lil Mama) and the Slap Yo Momma adapter. Expecting my M1A1s tomorrow. After much to-do with said PIA saddle vavle, got some sorry looking holes, but holes nevertheless (trial period here). Filled my tank and getting nothing but juice in my mouth; nasty, but tolerable (Hawaii Sunrise). Are my holes too big, perhaps? Don't think the tank is overfull, but since this is my first time. . . unsure.

I don't know if I have the patience to try punching another carto with that damn contraption, but is that going to be my only recourse? Using Fusion LR carto, if it matters.......

Juanita

JCB1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
New Jersey
J, if you're getting juice in your mouth you may have punched too deep and pierced the inner tube. Did you try blowing the excess juice out of the center? I use a long sewing needle to help clear juice out of the center if I overfill a bit.

Well, I took the tank off and wiped down the carto as there was juice at the connectors; thought about removing the carto, but then thought what the hell am I gonna do with the juice if I pull the carto out (aside from getting a bowl and then filling the tank back up from a bowl/cup)?

JCB1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
New Jersey
I ended up taking the carto out and used a plastic bowl; turns out there wasn't much juice in the tank after all. I don't know where it went--the carto? I've misplaced the damn Slap Yo Momma adapter now; not having much of a good night here. LOL. Gonna order the simple version carto punch and give it another go after it arrives; I might break a window if I have to try with that saddle valve again. Maybe by then I will have found the damn adapter, LOL.

JCB1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
New Jersey
Aw JCB I'm sorry you are having such a time of it tonight. Get a syringe, it'll make those situations so much easier to deal with, I promise!

When you get it all sorted out you will see how wonderful tanks and punched carto life will be. Hang in there!

Thanks Tracy! Can you direct me to a site selling appropriate sized syringe or does it matter?

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Jcb I hear ya! I wanted to throw my saddle valve through the window the last time I used it too!!

I misplaced my SYM too but I found it thank goodness! Went to change out a carto tonight and had to trace back to the last time I used it. I usually wrap a dead carto in a kleenex before I toss it in the can, and I found my SYM wrapped up with the last carto I changed. Good thing I'm lazy and didn't empty the trash in my room :blink:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I use a syringe I got with an ink cartridge refill kit. It has about a 4in. blunt end needle that is big. works excellent. Also JCB1 I posted a pictorial in the newby thread on leaky cartomizer tanks that might help. It's the last post.

Catch all you nice people tomorrow, Pleasant dreams.
hszzz.gif

Last edited:

arkador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2011
Texas
I have my new carto punch on the way thanks to Mark also! Can't wait to give my saddle valve to a friend and show him what he can upgrade to!

As for filling, I still prefer the 18guage needle, it takes a little loger. the syrenge that notcigs includes, has too fat of a tip for me to get an easy fill with no mess. The pointy tips on the juice bottles are very nice though, and by far the easiest tool in my arsenol.

arkador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2011
Texas
Cool Ark...yup mine came in 2 days. Was your box big enough to but a small car in too? ;)

mine was a stiff paper envalope. No padding, not cardboard. Now I just need my screws to get here (I bought a couple from Mark)

Just ordered 10 Fusions, an 801 Chrome cap for my buzz, and an extra set of batteries for both my mods.

minx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2011
South Florida
I use a saddle valve for punches with no problems - I have finally mastered it out of necessity and I get perfect effortless punches. If the screws on each side are not fully tightened down, the punch will slide off to the side of the carto (sooo frustrating). I use a screw driver to tighten down the "saddel" around the carto, hand tight is not good enough. Once it is screwed down I turn the punch, when I hear the pop, I go one more turn to get the size I want.
Once I started using a screwdriver to tighten it, it never slid to the sides again, perfect punch every time. :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread