Want to buy M1 tank, but what about Cartos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
My normal eliquid is quite thin, about 70%pg, 3% alc, 27% vg. Flooding hasn't been a problem.

I vape 100% PG. Putting a hole in a carto and the metod of doing it, the size, and the position are all up to the users preference. I don't believe one is better than the other. I will agree with Bovinia though that the dremmel blocks my vision just long enough that it's bothersome. Especially since I have these stitches in my eyeball from the lense they implanted.
Everyone has their own way of doing it but the main point is to get a hole in it to feed juice through. I'm thinking of making a game out of it and throwing darts to put a hole in them.:facepalm:

Last edited:

FAAmecanic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
Crestview, FL
The only time I've had a flooding problem is when I punched one too deep and it punctured the inner "sock". I personally haven't found the hole or slot size makes much difference for my normal 70/30ish blends. I honestly don't measure my pg/vg. I have a 250ml bottle that I got from my friendly pharmacist and I fill it with half pg/half vg. I use pg nic, some of my flavorings are pg, some vg based.

I do like my dremel, but my ole geezer eyes have a hard time seeing in the poor light in my MIL's basement...that's the reason the saddle valve is easier for me. On a sunny day I can plug the dremel in outside for better light.

Faa...be sure to pre fill your carto before you put it in your tank, and after you fill the tank, let it soak to saturate it good...20 minutes or so. You may screw up a carto or 2 at first but you'll get the hang of it really quick :)

GREAT tips from you and 908Tracy (and everyone else)...thanks!!

20 Minutes!!!! now with a new juice you know how HARD that will be :) I already fried one carto on my last juice reciept because I did the "condom" method" and rushed it. Top looked nice and wet, but went to fast so the bottom never really soaked in the juice. Im like a kid on Christmas morning when I get a new juice. As my dad used to say "let the rip and snort begin" as I would open my presents...lol

Last edited:

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
824.jpg

FriedLiverAtack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
California, USA
Everyone has their own way of doing it but the main point is to get a hole in it to feed juice through. I'm thinking of making a game out of it and throwing darts to put a hole in them.:facepalm:

What a great idea! I was wondering what I had floating around my house that I could use to punch holes. I have a high quality set of steel darts tips (removable) that I sharpened some time in the past to the point that they would slice through just about anything.

Somewhere in my garage I have a saddle valve too, it came with my reverse osmosis machine and even though I thought it was totally useless I kept it, somewhere, probably never find it.

FriedLiverAtack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
California, USA
What a great idea! I was wondering what I had floating around my house that I could use to punch holes. I have a high quality set of steel darts tips (removable) that I sharpened some time in the past to the point that they would slice through just about anything.

I just tried this with a very sharp steel dart tip. The first try I tapped it with a hammer and went all the way through the carto. But with a real light tap I put a hole about the size of the prepunched ones without even much of a dent at all. Think I've found my personal way of punching cartos.

FAAmecanic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
Crestview, FL
I just tried this with a very sharp steel dart tip. The first try I tapped it with a hammer and went all the way through the carto. But with a real light tap I put a hole about the size of the prepunched ones without even much of a dent at all. Think I've found my personal way of punching cartos.

Nice...whatever works! I got a 3/8" saddle valve from Lowes... works great. Fazed did say that they will only last 30-50 punches..but for $7 thats cool.

minx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2011
South Florida
I love the saddle valve for punches. I was having my husband dremmel my cartos and that works great, but I wanted something I could easily do myself. A regular punch tool didn't work out well for me. The saddle valve punch does wear out after awhile, but I usually pick up 1 or 2 whenever we run to lowes or home depot, they are really cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread