Mark's easy carto punch + Fusions - awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2011
Texas
If you don't know what Mark's DIY Carto punch is, check THIS out.

Mark's DIY Carto Punch
801 Fusion
M1A1 tank
IMG_20120314_110701.jpg

The Fusion has a flare at the bottom, and can only be inserted a certain distance into the Carto punch. The black screw pictured work with no tools, it has a great grip and does not need a lot of torque to complete the punch.
IMG_20120314_110718.jpg

Once punched, and installed into an M1A1, so that the tank is in contact with the bottom ring, the hole placement is almost perfect! No need for measuring, no need for messing with a saddle valve.
IMG_20120314_110758.jpg

This has to be BY FAR the easiest way to punch a Fusion for an M1A1.

Filled and ready for action (Buzz Pro / 801 chrome cap / 801 Ikenvape Fusion / M1A1 tank)
IMG_20120314_170010.jpg

Last edited:

arkador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2011
Texas
This is definately better than a saddle valve.
I had the following issues with saddle valve
1: Hard to line up if you need to repunch a hole
2: carto wants to roll out of position, leaving a gouge rather than punch
3: hard to tell if the needle is at your mark (You can look through the screw hole and see the mark before you punch with this)

Mark's tool has the added bonus, that I can simply slide the fusion in, and punch without measuring, and get results like i pictured above.

Overall, this tool is easier and faster at doing the job.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
This is really cool. I've been looking for a carto punch that was easy to use and cheap. The problem I've had with the saddle valve one is the same as everybody elses. Mainly I can't see my mark. This one is so easy and can be made for like $6. I've already ordered the coupler body and plan to check out a local hardware store for the screws. I'm not paying $6 the have 4 screws shipped. Thanks for posting this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread