hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello and welcome. I’m excited to be back with you today for another review. This time I will be doing my best to provide you with a fair and honest review on the Hellvape Drop Dead 2 rda that was sent to me by Hellvape. The Drop Dead 2 is a 24mm bottom feed rda made of stainless steel. It has a post-less build deck that can be used for both single and dual coil configuration. It makes use of two sets of 18 honeycomb airflow holes to provide superior flavor. The airflow can be adjusted in rows or columns for a total of 21 different airflow configurations.

YHi7x3w.jpg

P5Mp14A.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

• Hellvape Drop Dead 2 rda
    • Extra colorful 810 drip tip
    • 2x Shoelace Cotton
    • 2x 0.37ohm Ni80 Clapton Coil
    • Accessory Bag
    • Coil Cutting Tool
    • BF (squonk) pin
    • User manual
    Z6NVoTY.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

• Size: 24x27mm
    • Side honeycomb adjustable airflow
    • Replaceable 810 drip tip
    • Dual coil postless deck
    • Includes optional hollow 510 pin for squonking
    • 6.3mm e-juice well depth
    2d3p4SK.jpg

FEATURES:

• Diverse Airflow Adjustments by Level/Row

• 36 Diamond Honeycomb Holes in 3 Levels

• Postless Building Deck

• Easy Coil Installation

• Dual Coil Design

• BF Pin Included

0ks0UYx.jpg

01NqDFq.jpg

mx1YsQe.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the Drop Dead 2 RDA is the usual black and orange but has a little bit of a different design on the front. Of course the Drop Dead 2 RDA name is printed on the front along with the Hellvape name and logo in the top right corner. There is a color picture of the DD2 RDA on the front but as you can see from the circular sticker, the picture is not the same as the stainless steel rda inside the package. The back side of the box has some features listed along with a contents list and company information for Hellvape. I received both the stainless steel and gunmetal versions for my review.

1704651977043.png

Once opened, the rda is seen sitting in a foam insert with a spare drip tip sitting off to the side. The box sitting below the rda contains all of the accessories including two coils, cotton threads, coil cutting guide, spare o rings, squonk pin, and two allen wrenches.

1704652017345.png

1704652043157.png

As is the case with all types of atomizers, it’s a good idea to clean them thoroughly before using for the first time. The DD2 rda is easily disassembled for cleaning. It’s my understanding that the DD2 is a combination of the Drop RDA and the Dead Rabbit RDA. This is evident in the logo on the front of the DD2 which has two D’s with a Rabbit in the middle. The original Drop Dead RDA had only two rows of seven airflow holes where the DD2 has three rows of six holes and allows for 21 different airflow settings. The airflow can be set by level or by row thanks to the deck design.

1704652092638.png

1704652167009.png

9AMBwpr.jpg

The original had raised posts on the build deck while the DD2 has a post-less deck design to allow more room for building with dual coils. The liquid capacity has also been increased from 4mm depth on the original while the DD2 has a 6.2mm depth. This obviously allows for more puffs between dripping and squonking depending on how you prefer to use the DD2.

1704652241281.png

1704652271550.png

tZZN3SS.jpg

The DD2 comes with one wide bore drip tip installed that is decorative and adds to the aesthetic appearance of the atomizer. There is also a second tip included with each rda. The o ring that secures the drip tip is in the top cap rather than using tips with o rings. There is diagonal knurling on the top cap to make it easier to grip when turning to adjust the airflow. The bottom of the rda has the name etched into it which I greatly appreciate. Sometimes after I have a tank or rda for a long time then I might forget the name of it so it’s nice to be able to flip it over and get the name.

1704652346966.png

1704652369040.png

1704652389811.png

I decided to install dual coils in the stainless version with the squonk pin which is easily changed with the included allen wrench. The new deck design gives the user plenty of room for easily building dual coils. I used the two .37 ohm Ni80 coils that are included as well as the included cotton thread. Even with the two coils installed there was plenty of room to move and adjust the coil positions. I feel like you could put some really large coils in this one.

Uuz6tJv.jpg

wjsu246.jpg

UmZkAGz.jpg

For the gunmetal version I decided to try a large single coil since the rda is advertised as using single or dual coil builds. I had a bunch of 5mm Ni80 coils that I bought some time ago for a different rda so decided to try one in this one since there is so much room to build. I did cut the coil legs a little longer on this one since I wanted to try to center the coil. I believe I cut the legs at around 6mm but am not sure as I had to trim them a little after. The 5mm coil fit in the space very easily and produced very good flavor and vapor.

0JJNAyg.jpg

zmmgAvj.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Once again I feel like Hellvape has come out with yet another good quality rda at an affordable price. For me, the Drop Dead 2 RDA performed well both with single and dual coil builds. The flavor and vapor production on both single and dual coil builds was very good in my opinion.

It is a nice touch that they decided to include a second drip tip so the user has a choice but also can use their own tip if they don’t end up liking the ones included. I personally liked the appearance and the feel of the tips that were pre-installed on the samples that I received.

The top cap that you turn to make airflow adjustments was a little stiff initially but it was not too stiff that it made it difficult for me to turn. It needs to be somewhat stiff so that the airflow adjustment doesn’t move unintentionally. The chamber of the rda goes on to the deck securely and locks into place so the chamber doesn’t turn when you make airflow adjustments. The two o rings on the deck hold the chamber securely enough that I could lift the entire mod and rda by lifting from the chamber.

I really don’t have any complaints on the new Drop Dead 2 RDA. In my opinion, Hellvape has produced another very good quality rda. I’d like to thank Hellvape and Lisha for sending the Drop Dead 2 RDA samples for this review. Also a big thank you to the readers for sticking it out until the end of another one of my reviews. Below is a link to the website where you can see for yourself the Drop Dead 2 RDA as well as all of the other atomizers that Hellvape has to offer.

Drop Dead 2 RDA-Hellvape - The DIY atomizer leading brand
    mMJiUlk.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread