Hellvape Drop Dead 2 RDA Review By Frenkyou

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Hellvape Drop Dead 2 RDA 1.jpg

Hello, today we take a look at the Hellvape Drop Dead 2 rda. In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish this item. I hope that at the end of this reading you can understand this product, and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

► Hellvape Drop Dead 2 rda; Before starting, let's look together at some special features indicated by the manufacturer:
    • The worthy successor to Drop Dead RDA, The Drop Dead 2 RDA
    • 21 possible airflow configurations per level or row.
    • 36 diamond honeycomb holes on 3 levels
    • Colored Drip Tip 810 included
    • Easy installation of the coils
    • Double coil construction
    • BF pin included

Hellvape Drop Dead 2 RDA 2.jpg

► Hellvape Drop Dead 2 RDA; Packaging:
    The two-tone black/orange package states on the front; the Hellvape logo, the name Drop Dead 2 RDA, an adhesive sticker showing the color, and the image of the product. On the back of the box there are; the Features, the packing list, useful addresses of the manufacturer, QR-Code, bar-code, logos & legal trademarks. On the remaining parts of the package we find; the numerical code (22-04), and the writing Drop Dead 2 RDA.

Hellvape Drop Dead 2 RDA 3.jpg

Hellvape Drop Dead 2 RDA 4.jpg

► Hellvape Drop Dead 2 RDA; Packing List:
    • 1 Hellvape Drop Dead 2 RDA
    • 2 Ni80 Clapton Coils of 0.37Ω
    • 2 Cotton laces
    • 1 extra colored Drip Tip 810
    • 1 BF Pin
    • 1 Bag of accessories
    • 1 Tool for cutting coils
    • 1 User manual

Hellvape Drop Dead 2 RDA 5.jpg

► Hellvape Drop Dead 2 RDA; Specifications:
    Dimensions: 24.0x31.85mm
    Weight: 42g
    Drip Tip 810: 810
    Deck Type: Double Coils Postless

Hellvape Drop Dead 2 RDA 6.jpg

► Hellvape Drop Dead 2 RDA; Available colours:
    • SS
    • Matte Black
    • Gold
    • Blue
    • Gunmetal
    • Matte Full Black
    • Rainbow
    • Bloody Mess

Hellvape Drop Dead 2 RDA 7.jpg

Hellvape Drop Dead 2 RDA 8.jpg

► Hellvape Drop Dead 2 RDA; First Impressions:
    In November, Crystal the Hellvape representative informed me that I would be sent a new RDA to review in early 2024. The package arrived practically during the Christmas period and was a welcome surprise for me. I received two color variations for this test; one is the always elegant Gunmetal and the other is the flashier Gold colorway. The Drop Dead 2 is a 24mm RDA made of stainless steel. The postless deck can be used for both single and dual coil setups. Its ideal location with the dual coil configuration is with the dual battery Mods. However, even with a good single 21700 Mod, the DD2 RDA pairs well thanks to its compact dimensions. Naturally, the package includes a perforated Pin, and if you prefer you can also use the DD2 RDA with a Squonk Mod.

Hellvape Drop Dead 2 RDA 9.jpg

Hellvape Drop Dead 2 RDA 10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    ► Hellvape Drop Dead 2 RDA:
    The DD2 RDA is easily removable for the usual cleaning operation before first use. In the image below you can view all the elements that make up the DD2 RDA; The Top Cap at the top houses an internal ring to effectively hold the Drip Tip. There are two 810 Drip Tips in the package, one is decorated to add a touch of aesthetic class to the atomizer, the other is a classic single-color Drip Tip. Looking carefully at the elaborate logo on the outer sleeve I got the idea that this is the result of a stylistic combination between Drop and Dead Rabbit RDA.

Hellvape Drop Dead 2 RDA 11.jpg

► Hellvape Drop Dead 2 RDA; Air Flow:
    There is a knurling on the top cap to make it easier to grip when turning to adjust the airflow. The airflow can be set in horizontal rows or vertical columns for a total of 21 different configurations, in fact the DD2 RDA has two series of 18 holes per side of 1mm each.

Hellvape Drop Dead 2 RDA 12.jpg

The photo below shows the original Drop Dead RDA which only had two rows of seven holes for airflow adjustment, while the DD2 RDA with the three rows of six holes each undoubtedly allows for more and better adjustment possibilities.

Hellvape Drop Dead 2 RDA 13.jpg

► Hellvape Drop Dead 2 RDA; Deck:
    The DD2 RDA Deck has the name engraved on the bottom, the CE mark and the disposal logo, in the center there is the threaded thread with the fairly protruding gold-plated pin which can be replaced with the drilled one supplied. In the image you can also see the postless deck and the two silicone rings that guarantee watertightness with the external sleeve.

Hellvape Drop Dead 2 RDA 14.jpg

As we saw previously, the airflow breathing capabilities in the Drop Dead 2 RDA have been increased compared to the original Dead Rabbit, so the space for the cotton and the depth of the tank have also been increased. This brings an undoubted advantage for dual coil configurations, but also other advantages such as a greater e-liquid capacity of the tank for less frequent top-ups or squonks.

Hellvape Drop Dead 2 RDA 15.jpg

► Hellvape Drop Dead 2 RDA; Build Decks:
    The DD 2 RDA kit includes all the accessories for the build, so we find; two Allen keys, a screwdriver, a tool for cutting the coils, two 0.37Ω Ni80 coils, two cotton ties and the drilled pin for the BF. In the photo below, on the deck there are the classic screws for tightening the coils, for those who wish, in the kit there are also 4 Allen screws.

Hellvape Drop Dead 2 RDA 16.jpg

► Hellvape Drop Dead 2 RDA; Vaping Test & Final Conclusions:
    Having two examples of Dead Rabbit 2 RDA at my disposal I decided to configure one in single coil and the other in dual coils, naturally I tested them both both as Dripper and as BF. The new deck design offers the user plenty of space even when using two coils, thus making construction very simple. The two 0.37Ω Ni80 coils included as well as the cotton included, are in my opinion perfectly calibrated elements for the DD 2 RDA. The dual coils configuration and increased airflow of the DD 2 RDA allow you to produce large clouds of vapor and deep draws for the cloud. The flavor is at excellent levels, however it must be considered that both beautiful Drip Tips with a low profile do not put much distance between the lips and the Top Cap. Therefore with high powers of 60W or more you must pay attention to the heat. Otherwise I recommend using a longer alternative 810 Drip Tip to keep your lips away from the Top Cap.

The Single Coil configuration is my favorite. For this test I used one of the coils present in the package, however the large space available on the deck would allow the installation of a larger single coil and this can be another point in favor of the DD 2 RDA. I must say that with powers in the order of 30-45W the temperature of the tank always remains quite cool and even if the lips come into contact with the Top Cap there are no problems. The air circulation is excellent even "full open" and is not too dispersive, this allows you to produce beautiful clouds of vapor with a good flavor. By reducing the air flow by horizontal rows or by vertical columns it is possible to capture different shades of contrast to the aspiration, by partializing the air flow it is also possible to obtain an accentuated hit in the throat, maximizing the flavor in relation to not too much watt power high. The duration of the e-liquid in the tank is truly remarkable and you can wait quite a long time before letting the e-liquid flow towards the cotton again.

Hellvape Drop Dead 2 RDA 17.jpg

The finishes are really good and up to the mark. The choice of colors is complete, and is enriched by the possibility of combining a colored drip tip to complete the aesthetic effect as desired. Regulating the air flow is a real pleasure, the rotation of the Top Cap is fluid and precise, furthermore the external sleeve is held perfectly by the two o-rings on the Deck. In conclusion I would like to say that Hellvape has hit the mark once again, congratulations.

• I would like to thank Hellvape for sending me the Drop Dead 2 RDA for review:

• Thanks for reading.

Hellvape Drop Dead 2 RDA 18.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread