Hellvape Dead Rabbit PRO RDA Review By Frenkyou

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Pro-Rda-1.jpg

Hello, today let's take a look at the Hellvape Dead Rabbit Pro rda. In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish this item. I hope that at the end of this reading you can understand this product, and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit Pro rda; Before starting, let's see together some special features indicated by the manufacturer:

• 24mm diameter dual coil rda
    • Three airflow modes for various air intakes and flavors
    • Extra colorful 810 drip tip and side AFC ring included
    • DIY mix matches
    • Postless building decks

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Pro-Rda-2.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit Pro RDA; Packaging:
    The compact two-tone black and fiery red package shows on the front; the Hellvape logo, that of the famous dead rabbit, an adhesive stamp showing the colour, the name, the identification text and the image of the "Dead Rabbit Pro RDA" product. There is also an explanatory image with the wording "Free" to inform the customer about the spare part's additional content.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Pro-Rda-3.jpg

On the back of the box are; the Features, the packing list, useful addresses of the manufacturer, QR-Code, bar-code, logos & legal trademarks. On the remaining parts of the package we find; the numerical code (22-19) associated with this product, and the Dead Rabbit Pro RDA writing on both sides. We also find the slogan "Evolve your vaping genius".

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Pro-Rda-4.jpg

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Pro-Rda-5.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit Pro RDA; Packing List:
    • 1 Dead Rabbit Pro RDA
    • 2 0.37Ω NI80 Clapton Coils
    • 1 Extra Colorful 810 Drip Tip
    • 1 Extra Colorful Side AFC Ring
    • 1 Pin BF
    • 2 Cotton Laces
    • 1 coil tool
    • 1 bag of accessories
    • 1 User Manual

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Pro-Rda-6.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit Pro RDA; Specifications:
    • Dimensions: φ24.0*31.3mm
    • Net weight: 32g
    • Drip Tips: 810
    • Deck: Double Coils

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Pro-Rda-7.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit Pro RDA; Available colours:
    • SS
    • Blue
    • Gold
    • Matte Black
    • Gunmetal
    • Rainbows
    • Red

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Pro-Rda-8.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit Pro RDA; First Impressions:
    The new Dead Rabbit PRO comes with two distinct airflow control systems, one honeycomb (upper) and one with a classic slot (lower). The previous Dead Rabbit 3 RDA had two different adjustable airflows, one honeycomb and the other slotted but they were arranged in a single plane. With Dead Rabbit Pro the Heellvape technicians have looked for a better solution to control the airflow through two rings, this to offer the user greater and wider adjustment possibilities. Furthermore, the aesthetic factor has been taken into great consideration by Hellvape, in fact inside the package you will find an additional Drip-Tip and AFC ring with different colors, this to vary the appearance of the vaporizer. To complete the chromatic customization work, numerous rings are available both upper and lower and many colored drip tips that can be purchased separately.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Pro-Rda-9.jpg

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Pro-Rda-10.jpg

Some aspects like; construction care, valuable couplings and perfect seal of the o-rings are factors to which Hellvape has accustomed us, moreover this RDA is easily disassembled for a thorough cleaning of the parts.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Pro-Rda-11.jpg

The 24mm Dead Rabbit Pro RDA is compact in size and sturdy in construction. The two air control rings are easily adjustable and the low profile drip tip integrates perfectly into the Dead Rabbit Pro design.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Pro-Rda-12.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit Pro RDA; Multiple Air Flow:
    The bell features an upper AFC with two rows of opposing holes (10 per side, total 20 holes) these holes are adjustable two at a time. The lower control system, on the other hand, is made up of two opposing slots with a size of 7x3mm. The two control rings allow you to use a single upper or lower system, or to use both upper + lower systems and with completely open or partialized air passages, for all needs.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Pro-Rda-13.jpg

The internal design of the bell is designed to match perfectly with the underlying deck and to compress the vapor without gaps around the coils. The upper and lower airflow are designed with a targeted angle to invest the coils on the largest possible surface.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Pro-Rda-14.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit Pro RDA; BF or Drip:
    The steel base of Dead Rabbit Pro RDA bears multiple laser engraved writings, and indifferently houses a solid pin or the drilled one supplied for the BF, both pins are gold plated and isolated with peek. A point in favor of this compact 24mm RDA is that it is compatible with the vast majority of BF Mods on the market.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Pro-Rda-15.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit Pro RDA; Build Deck:
    The Dead Rabbit Pro postless Deck offers good eliquid capacity, and this allows you to make a few more puffs before dripping e-liquid back into it. The presence of two robust o-rings on the side of the deck makes it hermetic against lateral leaks. Furthermore, the oversquonk is quite unlikely given the considerable depth of the tank and the location of the air-flows rather high up. The tightening screws of the coils are placed on the side and you need the flat screwdriver supplied. To cut the legs to an appropriate size, the supplied coils-tool is very useful.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Pro-Rda-16.jpg

I cut the legs of the NI80 Clapton Coils to 5mm in length to place them exactly in the middle between the upper and lower airflow, I think this is the optimal solution to get the greatest air investment on the coils. After inserting the coils I tightened the screws and straightened both NI80 Clapton Coils, then I activated the Coils checking that there are no hot spots.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Pro-Rda-17.jpg

I inserted the cotton laces and cut their ends taking the external edge of the tub as a reference, then I inserted the cotton whiskers in the draft buttonholes, finally I slightly raised the cotton giving it a slight curvature.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Pro-Rda-18.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit Pro RDA; Final Conclusions & Vaping Test:
    As I said during the review; I really like this vaporizer with its original monochromatic look, but many might be really interested in making it "unique and personal" by taking advantage of the ring and drip-tip supplied in the kit. Furthermore, many other rings and other Drip Tips are available (purchased separately) in many different colors. Surely this new Dead Rabbit Pro RDA to express its maximum potential needs a dual battery Mod, however I preferred to combine it with satisfaction with a single battery 21700 Mod, I would say that the combination is excellent thanks to the rather compact dimensions both in width and in height of DR PRO RDA.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Pro-Rda-19.jpg

Dead Rabbit Pro is a massive RDA with rather thick metal walls, this factor allows to effectively absorb and dispose of the heat generated by the double 0.37Ω NI80 Clapton Coils (about 0.18Ω the final resistive value). With these coils I found myself comfortable with a power selected between 50W and 65W, lingering longer on the 50W. The coils activate quickly without requiring too much power, the maximum achievable airflow is open, but not too much. This allows you not to waste the vapor charge while obtaining large clouds full of flavour. Playing with the dual airflow adjustment you can really enjoy, and through different angles of the flow or different air partitions you will surely find your sweet spot of maximum flavor.

I would like to thank Hellvape for providing me with the kit. I hope this review has been helpful for anyone who wants to buy Dead Rabbit Pro RDA.

Thanks for reading.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Pro-Rda-20.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread