Hellvape Dead Rabbit MTL RTA Review By Frenkyou

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-MTL-RTA-1.jpg

Hello, today let's take a look at the Dead Rabbit MTL rta sent to me by Hellvape. In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish this item. I hope that at the end of this reading you can understand this product, and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit MTL rta; Before starting, let's see together some special features indicated by the manufacturer:

• 1. Four airflow independent airflow: φ0.8, φ1.2, φ1.4, φ1.6mm.
    • 2. Honeycomb e-liquid inlet, minimizes the risk of flooding and spitting.
    • 3. Design Save Glass
    • 4. Drip Tip Derlin 510 included

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-MTL-RTA-2.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit MTL RTA; Packaging:
    The compact package of DR has a red-as-hell color scheme with black-as-darkness accents. On front the package reports; the Hellvape logo, the timeless dead rabbit logo and the "Dead Rabbit MTL RTA" lettering. On the back are listed; the features, the packing list, contacts of Shenzhen Hellvape Technology Co., LTD, logos & legal trademarks. Above the remaining sides of the box you can read; the advertising motto "Evoke Your Vaping Genius", the inscription "Dead Rabbit MTL RTA" and the assigned product code 2220. You can see a stylized image of DR and finally you can read the color of the product inside and check the QR code.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-MTL-RTA-3.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit MTL RTA; Packing List:
    • 1x Dead Rabbit Mtl Rta
    • 1x Long Chamber with 4ml glass
    • 1x 510 Drip Tip
    • 1x 0.7Ω Ni80 Clapton Coil
    • 1x Shoelace Cotton
    • 1x Bag of accessories
    • 1x User Manual

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-MTL-RTA-4.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit MTL RTA; Specifications:
    • Material: Stainless steel
    • Dimensions: 23.0x49.4mm (Drip Tip Derlin) 23x58.4mm (2ml) 23.0x64.4mm (4ml)
    • Weight: 51g
    • Drip Tip:510
    • Capacity: 2ml/4ml
    • Filling system: Threaded top cap
    • Decks: Single Coils
    • Airflow: single to four options

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-MTL-RTA-5.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit MTL RTA; Available colours:
    • SS
    • Matte Black
    • Blue
    • Gunmetal
    • Gold
    • Matte Full Black

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-MTL-RTA-6.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit MTL RTA; First Impressions:
    Hellvape after having made its debut in the field of regenerable Mtl Tanks first with MD RTA MTL and subsequently with Vertex RTA MTL decides to present the third evolution of this vaporizer. This time Hellvape chooses a name really full of meaning by bringing up the "dead rabbit". A truly important name that brings to mind the legendary Hellvape RDAs which over the years have garnered positive acclaim and incredible sales successes all over the globe. Hellvape sent me two different Gold & SS color variants for this test.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-MTL-RTA-7.jpg

As always when I receive a vaporizer with a diameter of no more than 23mm my first thought is to install it on one of my old Pico Mods, I think it's a form of fetish that accompanies me and that I have to satisfy, but I really find this combination irresistible.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-MTL-RTA-8.jpg

The particularly rich package of DR Mtl includes two different bells and two different drip Tips. This allows you to fine-tune the length of this vaporizer to suit your needs. You can easily combine DR Mtl with any SBS Mod, whether it has a low or high thread plane.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-MTL-RTA-9.jpg

One of the characteristics of DR Mtl Tank is to have a protruding profile with respect to the glass, this allows to reduce the possibility of breaking the glass in case of accidental falls.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-MTL-RTA-10.jpg

When I get a new vaporizer I take it apart and wash it with warm water and mild soap. DR pulls apart and reassembles very easily and effortlessly due to precise machining tolerances with smooth, free-flowing threads.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-MTL-RTA-11.jpg

I absolutely have to underline how much I liked the two supplied drip tips, the longer one has a surface finish reminiscent of precious stones while the other is simply black made of delrin, both have the best (for me) shape and what a better fits the lips. DR's Top Cap has knurling to make it easier to remove and install. This top cap does not have the classic 1/4 turn opening but must be completely unscrewed and screwed back on, this would suggest a less comfortable solution, however the smoothness of the thread is a significant plus and makes this operation really easy. The liquid filler slots are a good size, so you can fill your 2ml or 4ml tanks quickly.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-MTL-RTA-12.jpg

Hellvape spared no expense in the creation of DR Mtl, he could have made a single bell and inserted an "extender" tube to lengthen or shorten the tank. Instead Hellvape has included a short bell (2ml) and a long bell (4ml) in the package, this is a less economical but technically better solution than a solution with "extender tube".

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-MTL-RTA-13.jpg

Both bells have an internal diameter of 14mm with a depth of approximately 10mm. The conformation of the dome has a rather accentuated conicity and the chimney has an internal diameter of 4mm.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-MTL-RTA-14.jpg

In the pictures below you can see the Deck with the two wells for cotton, each well has 4 feed holes. According to Hellvape, with this system defined as a "honeycomb" it is possible to prevent leaks and flooding.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-MTL-RTA-15.jpg

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-MTL-RTA-16.jpg

The airflow control ring has end stops in both directions and features four different sized airflow holes; 0.8, 1.2, 1.4, and 1.6mm. Each hole is individually selectable. The good braking that counteracts the rotation of the ring allows you to select the airflow hole precisely and stably.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-MTL-RTA-17.jpg

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-MTL-RTA-18.jpg

The deck on the bottom houses an adjustable and slightly protruding gold-plated pin. The regenerable part has good sized Phillips screws and the double side bulkheads allow you to fix the coil in a simple way, cutting the excess legs is really easy. The supplied cotton lace is long enough to obtain at least three usable wicks. After inserting the cotton into the coil and cutting the ends in line with the outer edge of the deck, it is sufficient to insert the cotton into the wells without applying too much pressure.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-MTL-RTA-19.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit MTL RTA; Final conclusions:
    I always gladly receive items from Hellvape, a large Chinese company that has deservedly built its fortune with the epic Dead Rabbit RDA series. Over the years Hellvape has been able to evolve by adapting to the various needs of the market, achieving important successes also with other types of vaporizers and with some qualitatively very valid Mods. I usually use wide airflow vaporizers for RDL/DL, however the Dead Rabbit MTL RTA works damn well, to such an extent that I was able to appreciate it even with the narrowest airflow setting available (0.8mm hole). . I wouldn't have thought of that before trying it. I was amazed by how fluid and clean the extraction is without any spitting phenomenon even when the airflow knob is closed completely. Usually with the other MTL RTAs with restricted airflows I encounter big problems and I'm forced to open the ring to avoid the spitting effect. With Dead Rabbit MTL RTA it's a whole other story, I'm even having fun rediscovering the MTL vape! The flavor and vapor production are excellent. I didn't notice any major differences between the 2ml and 4ml configurations, perhaps a slightly less concentrated flavor and fresher vapor with the 4ml version. With the 1.6 hole selected (the largest) I encountered some noise but it is totally bearable and disappears when selecting the other holes. If you have a small amount to invest, surely DR Mtl Rta will pay you back abundantly.

• Thank you Hellvape for sending me Dead Rabbit MTL RTA

• Thank you for reading.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-MTL-RTA-20.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread