Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
He's very Siamese-we're guessing he got left behind when a family moved.
We had been feeding 3 ferals that were starving for a number of months-then all of a sudden we had Nosy for the 4th. He was like the pack leader-they all gave way to him. Looks like he is fixed-Arizona does that with many cats brought in-they notch an ear when they fix then release them. Nosy has a notch on one ear.
He would had made a great family pet-but not so good with young kids as he plays very rough-my arms and hands have the proof. However he is very laid back when not in a playful mood and does play well with old cat toys we had from previous cats we've had that grew old and passed away.
He's not spoiled or anything-spends nights inside sleeping on the bed at my wife's and my feet. /s
Awww. He hit the jackpot by choosing the two of you! :)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Today marked the end of my winter garden. Of several broccoli plants I got this one stalk. At least it’s tasty!

Got about 4 heads of red sails lettuce. So it’s my late lunch. :thumb:

IMG_9346.jpeg

IMG_9351.jpeg

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Afternoon... Rain today... Tomorrow I'm taking the four hour drive with my sister to have dinner with our sister. My insurance company has been ripping me for my truck insurance to the tune of just over $400 a month. My sister has been telling me to change company because it was way to high. Plus my renewal rate coming up was going to be just over $500. A $100+ jump. So the other day I talked to a State Farm agent. I now have the same coverage I was getting but it's only $67 per month. Hugh difference.. :thumb:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Afternoon... Rain today... Tomorrow I'm taking the four hour drive with my sister to have dinner with our sister. My insurance company has been ripping me for my truck insurance to the tune of just over $400 a month. My sister has been telling me to change company because it was way to high. Plus my renewal rate coming up was going to be just over $500. A $100+ jump. So the other day I talked to a State Farm agent. I now have the same coverage I was getting but it's only $67 per month. Hugh difference.. :thumb:
:shock:

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
This is Fox Meowlder and she lives somewhere here in Los Angeles. This is her recovering from an adventure.

IMG_9359.jpeg

Yesterday she was very naughty. She spent 15 - 20 hours like this:

IMG_4147.jpeg

The fire dept couldn’t help because of the power. The power company said they no longer do these rescues. Because they have ended in severe injury for their employees. Or the cat gets spooked and jumps.

Her human posted on Reddit. Fox’s dilemma went viral. Top executives at the power company were sent the thread link. The power was turned off for who knows how many customers. The crew arrived at the scene.

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 6.11.06 AM.png

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    This is Fox Meowlder and she lives somewhere here in Los Angeles. This is her recovering from an adventure.

View attachment 1011267

Yesterday she was very naughty. She spent 15 - 20 hours like this:

View attachment 1011268

The fire dept couldn’t help because of the power. The power company said they no longer do these rescues. Because they have ended in severe injury for their employees. Or the cat gets spooked and jumps.

Her human posted on Reddit. Fox’s dilemma went viral. Top executives at the power company were sent the thread link. The power was turned off for who knows how many customers. The crew arrived at the scene.

View attachment 1011269
    Could you imagine the negative fallout had the power company not did what they did and instead allowed Fox to just die?

LAwaters

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 25, 2014
    Could you imagine the negative fallout had the power company not did what they did and instead allowed Fox to just die?
    That’s exactly right. They said no for about 15 hrs. Then the PR nightmare potential outweighed company policy.

Now Fox is spreading the word and every cat in town is gonna be pulling this stunt.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 9, 2013
    Ohio
    Afternoon... Needed a flush handle for the toilet. (that's what I get for putting the cheapest one I could find on it last time) So I went to Walmart for something then figured I'd go to Lowes. Well Walmart had the handle so saved that trip. And I spent more to get a better one. It's near 80 and windy so the yard dried out. Mowing is done..

20240414_152512.jpg

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Afternoon... Needed a flush handle for the toilet. (that's what I get for putting the cheapest one I could find on it last time) So I went to Walmart for something then figured I'd go to Lowes. Well Walmart had the handle so saved that trip. And I spent more to get a better one. It's near 80 and windy so the yard dried out. Mowing is done..

View attachment 1011421
    Pollen season in full swing here. Latest is the oak pollen. Lots of miserable people around here. Doesn’t bother me too much.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 25, 2014
    Pollen season in full swing here. Latest is the oak pollen. Lots of miserable people around here. Doesn’t bother me too much.
    You’re lucky. Never had allergies until age 30. They’ve gotten steadily worse since then. Here it’s the oak right now too.
    I take 24 Claritin for that...
    It’s nice that it’s not prescription anymore. Glad it helps you. It gives me a bad headache. I use some natural remedies and take Sudafed to keep congestion down. I take the one where they make you give your drivers license and sign to swear that you aren’t making illegal stuff with it. Nah - just trying to breathe. :facepalm:

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN

View attachment 1011421
    If there are cat supermodels.....he nailed it.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 9, 2013
    Ohio
    Afternoon.... Another nice day out. Been job hunting for the last four weeks. Using jobs sites online because that's what most places use. Thought I'd have to take anything even if I wasn't interested in it. Trying to find something that stays with in my restrictions (or close to) and that I was willing to do was getting to me. Well I saw a post last Wednesday. Checked on it in person Thursday. Dropped the app off this morning and did the drug test. I'll be delivering wholesale flowers to florist shops with a van. It's more of a part time job. Start about 7:30 and done around 2:00 or so. Doesn't pay much which is fine with me. I'd rather be semi retired.. I have no desire to go back to 40+ hours a week.

20240415_142314.jpg

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Afternoon.... Another nice day out. Been job hunting for the last four weeks. Using jobs sites online because that's what most places use. Thought I'd have to take anything even if I wasn't interested in it. Trying to find something that stays with in my restrictions (or close to) and that I was willing to do was getting to me. Well I saw a post last Wednesday. Checked on it in person Thursday. Dropped the app off this morning and did the drug test. I'll be delivering wholesale flowers to florist shops with a van. It's more of a part time job. Start about 7:30 and done around 2:00 or so. Doesn't pay much which is fine with me. I'd rather be semi retired.. I have no desire to go back to 40+ hours a week.

View attachment 1011457
    Cool. Good deal. How hard can it be?

Users who are viewing this thread