Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
It must be rattlesnake season. People out walking see them a lot. Here’s a pic of one. Can you find him?

IMG_9621.jpeg

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Afternoon.... Today has been good and bad. The good was I only worked about 2 hours. All I did was go with another driver to help with the delivery. The bad is the battery in the Silverado is dead. I charged to get to work. There I found a outside plug to put it back on the charger. When I got home I shut it off while I got the cord ready to hook it back to the charger. Tried to start it before hooking it up and no go. It was dead in a few minutes. I've made an appointment to get a new battery set for Saturday morning at the dealer. Replacing the battery in it isn't easy. It has a fuse block attached to the top of it and you have to remove the fender support. So I'm not touching it. So the charger and extension cord go with me to work so I can get home. It only needs to start three more times. :unsure:

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Afternoon.... Today has been good and bad. The good was I only worked about 2 hours. All I did was go with another driver to help with the delivery. The bad is the battery in the Silverado is dead. I charged to get to work. There I found an outside plug to put it back on the charger. When I got home I shut it off while I got the cord ready to hook it back to the charger. Tried to start it before hooking it up and no go. It was dead in a few minutes. I've made an appointment to get a new battery set for Saturday morning at the dealer. Replacing the battery in it isn't easy. It has a fuse block attached to the top of it and you have to remove the fender support. So I'm not touching it. So the charger and extension cord go with me to work so I can get home. It only needs to start three more times. :unsure:
GM’s man.. They do stupid stuff like this all the time.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
GM’s man.. They do stupid stuff like this all the time.
They all do. I have a pristine ‘93 Dodge truck. Back then, Chrysler in their infinite wisdom, put the voltage regulators in the PCM (computer). So when the regulator went out (a wear item) you had to replace the entire PCM. Well, I bypassed that ridiculousness and installed an external voltage regulator. Kinda its own system. Works fine.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Afternoon.... Cloudy with scattered rain today... I'm happy to report the truck made it for three more starts... Thankfully the alternator was putting out 14 volts to keep it running after starting.. Anyway new battery is in so I'm good to go. Cost was $230 for an OEM replacement. Not to bad if you figure in an average 5 to 6 year lifespan. And I was there just under an hour. I'm happy with it.. :thumb:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Afternoon.... Cloudy with scattered rain today... I'm happy to report the truck made it for three more starts... Thankfully the alternator was putting out 14 volts to keep it running after starting.. Anyway new battery is in so I'm good to go. Cost was $230 for an OEM replacement. Not to bad if you figure in an average 5 to 6 year lifespan. And I was there just under an hour. I'm happy with it.. :thumb:
Batteries have become expensive. Even easy ones like mine. Is yours a standard lead acid battery or is it one of those AGMs?

Desert Dweller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2013
Scottsdale,Az.
Evening... A lot of rain last night and getting more tonight. But I did get the yard mowed today and it needed it. Work slowed done some today but I'm still sore.
Getting older is more painful for sure........

Users who are viewing this thread