Has your juice consumption peaked and leveled off ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eitje

Sep 2, 2015
PURE nicotine is a crystal and virtually impossible to buy.
As for me, I started with 3-4ml per day of 24mg juice. I now go through around 6ml per day of 3mg juice.

It's pretty cold where you life right? Pure nicotine goes up to a 99+ percentage and is a liquid anywhere slightly south of the north pole :) My freezer does not get it properly frozen and it's pretty chilly in there.
100% will not remain at 100% outside of lab conditions, so don't waste your time looking for that.
PG as well, anyone selling you 100% pure is not to be trusted, its simply not manufactured for sale. Major manufacturers claim a purity greater than 99.7 or 8 for example but never 100%
There's loads of nicotine suppliers nowadays but I'd stay away from the more shady sources. The more reliable sources usually don't sell to private individuals but are glad to point you to a re-seller that carries their product.

Reactions: Fog n Vape

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
I vape around 25ml of 3mg nic a day. My husband vapes around 20ml at 6mg a day. We both go through the juice but we have been making our own juice for a few years now. We can make 100ml for way under $1. We buy in large bulk quantities.

People vary on juice consumption based on individual needs. I think whatever keeps you from smoking is all that matters.

BTW: I buy nic by the gallons. $169 a gallon. I have 5 gallons of 100mg stored away in the freezer.
I buy PG and VG by cases of 4. I can get a case of 4 for $39. I have about 14 gallons of each. I freeze my PG and VG too.

Learning to make your own juice can be very rewarding. You can save a ton of money and make some really tasty juices. You can tweak those juices to suit your own taste too. I advise anybody who is serious about vaping to start making their own juice. With the FDA on our heels it's important now more than ever.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
It's pretty cold where you life right? Pure nicotine goes up to a 99+ percentage and is a liquid anywhere slightly south of the north pole :) My freezer does not get it properly frozen and it's pretty chilly in there.
100% will not remain at 100% outside of lab conditions, so don't waste your time looking for that.
PG as well, anyone selling you 100% pure is not to be trusted, its simply not manufactured for sale. Major manufacturers claim a purity greater than 99.7 or 8 for example but never 100%
There's loads of nicotine suppliers nowadays but I'd stay away from the more shady sources. The more reliable sources usually don't sell to private individuals but are glad to point you to a re-seller that carries their product.

I think what he was trying to say was that 100% nic is not 100mg nic. These are not the same.

100mg = 10% nic
1000mg = 100%nic

We vapers use 100mg nic. I've yet to talk to anyone using 100%nic. I've talked to many commercial juice makers and none have used 100% nic. All use 100mg nic.

100% nic is primarily used in labs and testing and not for commercial use (normally).

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I started at about 2ml/day of 24-36mg in a 1.8ohm clearo, CE4 then T3. After nearly three years I'm at about 2-4ml/day of usually 12mg in a dripper at .6-1.2ohm. If I run dual coils I do go through more juice, but I don't get much benefit from them so I usually run single coils.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I vape around 25ml of 3mg nic a day. My husband vapes around 20ml at 6mg a day. We both go through the juice but we have been making our own juice for a few years now. We can make 100ml for way under $1. We buy in large bulk quantities.

People vary on juice consumption based on individual needs. I think whatever keeps you from smoking is all that matters.

BTW: I buy nic by the gallons. $169 a gallon. I have 5 gallons of 100mg stored away in the freezer.
I buy PG and VG by cases of 4. I can get a case of 4 for $39. I have about 14 gallons of each. I freeze my PG and VG too.

Learning to make your own juice can be very rewarding. You can save a ton of money and make some really tasty juices. You can tweak those juices to suit your own taste too. I advise anybody who is serious about vaping to start making their own juice. With the FDA on our heels it's important now more than ever.

Holy moly , now i know why you have so much stored away , i thought i vaped a lot , i'm not even remotely close to vaping that amount on a daily basis .

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Holy moly , now i know why you have so much stored away , i thought i vaped a lot , i'm not even remotely close to vaping that amount on a daily basis .

LOL! There's actually quite a few here on ECF that vape over 30ml a day. :rolleyes:

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
:lol: yeah, I saw that, decided not to comment because to each their own. I personally don't have the storage space to hold gallons of vape supplies on hand.

Eitje

Sep 2, 2015
I think what he was trying to say was that 100% nic is not 100mg nic. These are not the same.

100mg = 10% nic
1000mg = 100%nic

We vapers use 100mg nic. I've yet to talk to anyone using 100%nic. I've talked to many commercial juice makers and none have used 100% nic. All use 100mg nic.

100% nic is primarily used in labs and testing and not for commercial use (normally).

Well I use it, usually 12 to 18 ml to a liter of pg/vg to be exact depending on what strength Im after :)
Edit: and it's readily available nowadays...

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Well I use it, usually 12 to 18 ml to a liter of pg/vg to be exact depending on what strength Im after :)
Edit: and it's readily available nowadays...

I know you can buy it. I've seen it for sale, but most people don't buy it in the vape industry. Most use 100mg nic.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
I know you can buy it. I've seen it for sale, but most people don't buy it in the vape industry. Most use 100mg nic.

Most places won't sale 1000mg to the average consumer. For example, Wizard labs doesn't sale over 100mg to consumers.

I have seen it sold online before though, but not recommended for mixing vaping eliquid. But if you do it safely and proper then more power to you.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
:lol: yeah, I saw that, decided not to comment because to each their own. I personally don't have the storage space to hold gallons of vape supplies on hand.

Even if i had the storage space i wouldn't do it , i hope to be free of this in the future.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Even if i had the storage space i wouldn't do it , i hope to be free of this in the future.
I've gone back and forth about planning for an eventual quit. There's a part of me that knows that it's a habit that I don't need. There's a part of me that thoroughly enjoys vaping. I'm also open to the possibility of benefits from regular nicotine use. Of course, if it turns out that there are long term effects, however unlikely, that will weigh in on my eventual decision. For now I just enjoy my vape, try to keep my costs down, and fight to keep the option available for those who want to give it a try.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
I've gone back and forth about planning for an eventual quit. There's a part of me that knows that it's a habit that I don't need. There's a part of me that thoroughly enjoys vaping. I'm also open to the possibility of benefits from regular nicotine use. Of course, if it turns out that there are long term effects, however unlikely, that will weigh in on my eventual decision. For now I just enjoy my vape, try to keep my costs down, and fight to keep the option available for those who want to give it a try.

I avoid juices with diketone's , imo that eliminates a lot of the risk factors for me even if evidence will not be available for many years to come .

If it was a choice between smoking and vaping juice with diketones i would vape regardless but now since you have a choice between vaping juice with and without them i pick to vape juice without them .

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I vape 5 ml/day (6 mg). I do not believe that putting in lungs 20-30 ml/day of VG-PG-flavors mix is anywhere close to healthy habit. So, I would never use subhoming. Right now -1.2 - 1.4 ohm on RTAs.
Well, you vape at lower power than I do, but go through more juice, though possibly less nic or possibly the same. What's the magic number of acceptable mls of vg/pg/flavor that would be considered a healthy habit?

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
YES ILE DO MY RESEARCH ON HOW TO MIX & MAKE E-JUICE ,,I SEEN A VIDEO'S ON YOU-TUBE I FOUND IT MIND BOGGLING

Steve, yes its a bit overwhelming at first but hey I thought building coils was "rocket science" a year ago. I mix by weight and its quick and easy. The tfa flavours I bought are in 10 or 30 ml plastic bottles, just like ejuice, so just squeeze into a clean glass dripper bottle that is placed on a small digital scale. I put my pg/vg into plastic condiment bottles ( the dollar store cheap) again just gently squeeze until scale reads correct amount. I only use a syringe for nicotine, mainly to get it out of 50 ml brown bottle that I have transfered my nic. from larger bottle into, then add to correct weight on scale. Don't want to take a chance of overdumping nicotine and getting a wacked out nicotine strength. Quite a few videos make mixing look more complicated then it is, and syringes adds too many extra steps that are not necessary i.m.h.o. at least for me. I can whip up a mix in a few short minutes its deciding the flavour levels that takes brain time. Just taste testing some watermellon-pear-honeydew mix samples as I vape n type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread