Has your juice consumption peaked and leveled off ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
But of course magic number is zero.
Unless there is some benefit to vaping, above and beyond the not smoking. The point is, we don't know. We don't know if any of it is truly harmful, evidence so far suggest no. We definitely don't know which constituents would/could be causing harm or benefit at this point. I suspect nicotine is beneficial, no idea in what doses though.

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
this only happens when I have good juices. just got my strawberry and Bavarian cream diy flavorings today mixed a fresh batch and vaped it for a little it's really good but too strong on the strawberry plus I didn't even let it steep or breath yet so chances are it will definetly get better and I will be vaping it a lot

Reactions: Fog n Vape

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
this only happens when I have good juices. just got my strawberry and Bavarian cream diy flavorings today mixed a fresh batch and vaped it for a little it's really good but too strong on the strawberry plus I didn't even let it steep or breath yet so chances are it will definetly get better and I will be vaping it a lot

Hey Jacob what company is your strawberry from ? I have tfa strawberry ripe, which I like and has some nice "undertastes" that meld well with other flavours, but looking for a more upfront strawberry to add to the tfa ripe. Barvarian cream is nice, I sometimes get a caramel undertaste with it when mixed with the strawberry ripe depending on what else is in the mix.

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
i have strawberry by tfa not the ripe strawberry just straight strawberry it's labeled "strawberry" it smells really good and vapes good as well but not sure how it is on it's own did a 10% with the strawberry and bavarian cream and it needs to breath and steep a little but definetly vapable and good imo as is just tastes chemically atm.

Reactions: Fog n Vape

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Hey guys I'm not trying to hijack this thread but if you love ECF please go vote here:

GuideToVaping's Best of 2015 | Guide To Vaping

There's several areas to vote for, so please pick your favorites out of each category. If you love ECF vote for it under favorite forum or something like that. There's also a category to vote for your "best juice of 2015" and "best juice maker of 2015". So go vote for your favorites! Don't forget to vote for ECF under "favorite" or "best" forum.

Thanks

Eitje

Sep 2, 2015
You use 1000mg nic, not 100mg?
Yes 2x a day, usually just after brushing my teeth :) Keeps me on edge.

Of course I don't use pure nic undiluted. I usually take 100ml of 99% nic to make 5.5 liters of base; 4 I sell off to my fellow vapers &, 1+ liter I keep for myself. They get their base liquid (a lot) cheaper, I vape for free and have enough spare change to buy a case of beer for the effort.

Its not hard but you need to be careful and work clean. Honestly; If you can make lemonade, had basic math in school and grasp the concept you are working with a potentially dangerous substance (instead of lemonade), you can make your own base eliquid.

Reactions: mountaingal

mountaingal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Tennessee and ports on the East Coast
quote//
"Its not hard but you need to be careful and work clean. Honestly; If you can make lemonade, had basic math in school and grasp the concept you are working with a potentially dangerous substance (instead of lemonade), you can make your own base eliquid."

I wish I knew enough people to sell my stuff to. I have made mine for 3 yrs now. The only problem I had was I made a batch and it tasted awful as i put too much flavoring in it. So, I tripled it and added chocolate(double clear) and it was good enough. Always keep paper towels and windex handy for any spills.

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
I stopped dripping and I am down to about 10-15 ml per day I think? I was well over 30 per day before. I went thru over a liter of liquid a month. I DYI so its not a huge expense when compared to buying pre-made liquid but it was just ridiculous IMO. I get better flavor from my tanks than I do with drippers so there really is no reason to drip. At least thats how I feel about it now.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Yes 2x a day, usually just after brushing my teeth :) Keeps me on edge.

Of course I don't use pure nic undiluted. I usually take 100ml of 99% nic to make 5.5 liters of base; 4 I sell off to my fellow vapers &, 1+ liter I keep for myself. They get their base liquid (a lot) cheaper, I vape for free and have enough spare change to buy a case of beer for the effort.

Its not hard but you need to be careful and work clean. Honestly; If you can make lemonade, had basic math in school and grasp the concept you are working with a potentially dangerous substance (instead of lemonade), you can make your own base eliquid.

Ah! I'm not worried about being safe. I just figured most people use 100mg not 1000mg nic. Nicotine is not as dangerous as most people think. It's dangerous if you drink it, but using it the way we do is not.

Where do you buy your 1000mg??? And how much does it cost you?

I get my 100mg for $169 a gallon...

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
I read a lot of threads/posts like this and the trend is always the same. Low nic, high volume. I don't sub ohm much but I started going through as much as 10 ml a day after dropping to 6mg nic. 15 is I used my sub ohm set up. I'm back up to 12 mg nic and I'm down to 3-4 ml a day. I think most of us under nic too soon.

Reactions: Lessifer

Eitje

Sep 2, 2015
Ah! I'm not worried about being safe. I just figured most people use 100mg not 1000mg nic. Nicotine is not as dangerous as most people think. It's dangerous if you drink it, but using it the way we do is not.

Where do you buy your 1000mg??? And how much does it cost you?

I get my 100mg for $169 a gallon...
Ayee gallons ... That makes what ? 40$ a liter @ 100mg. That's very decent.
Pure nic gets a lot cheaper in larger quantities.
250ml is about 100$. So for a liter you'd need approx 40$ worth already, still need to add 5-6$ worth for pg/vg.
But I guess you won't be buying at 250ml prices if you're in the 'gallon a time' selling business. I suppose your buying the pure nic in gallons as well. No clue what the wholesale prices are.
For me its still a hobby and retail prices for 1 liter @ 100mg here are far higher than that 40$

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Ayee gallons ... That makes what ? 40$ a liter @ 100mg. That's very decent.
Pure nic gets a lot cheaper in larger quantities.
250ml is about 100$. So for a liter you'd need approx 40$ worth already, still need to add 5-6$ worth for pg/vg.
But I guess you won't be buying at 250ml prices if you're in the 'gallon a time' selling business. I suppose your buying the pure nic in gallons as well. No clue what the wholesale prices are.
For me its still a hobby and retail prices for 1 liter @ 100mg here are far higher than that 40$

I buy everything in gallons. I actually by nic 100mg by the gallons. I have 5 on hand right now! I buy PG and VG by the case. They come with 4 gallons in the case. I have 14 gallons of each of those right now. I supply a lot of juice to others. I also have a freezer full of nic broken down into smaller glass bottles and PG and VG frozen as well... for the FDA fiasco.

1 gallon of 100mg nic $169 each
4 gallons (a case) of vg or pg $39

So yeah, you get things way cheaper by buying in bulk. Of course if you aren't going to need all that it's a waste of money.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I started off with Ego-T then Ego-C then Ego XL cartos then EVODS. all on ego batteries. Used to go through about 1ml a day, hotboxing for about 10 -15 draws about 8 times a day. Never kept me off the cigs though as not potent enough vapour production and dripping was too much hassle. Went back to smoking, got down to 5 a day.

Now I have an EVOD for the office and use HS juice which is cheap and I go through maybe half an EVOD a day, maybe a little less.

Then at home I use the Nautilus Mini for cheaper Hangsen Pg juices I enjoy at 15 Watts and a subtank nano which I vape at 27.5W .5ohms and maybe between the two 3 ml a day. So I vape about 4ml a day max. All zero nic except the EVOD which I vape at 3mg only.

Down to one cig a day at bedtime so cut down 80% from 5 to 1 a day.

I'm happy enough with that and feel healthier. I'm a bit cynical about super / dessert / gourmet / premium juices from the US. They're okay but not complex like bottles of wine or microbrew beer like they try to describe them; I enjoy my Hangsen juice just as much. It's just PG, VG, nic and food flavourings and I feel the prices do not reflect the reality. Nor do I experience the hypomania that reviewers of said juices do on Youtube, you'd think they were describing a fine wine or Japanese Ramen Noodle joint or something. But I keep 30ml of high end stuff every few weeks on the go for my subtanks but will probably start looking to companies like that sell VG liquids but lower prices as I have noticed that all the cheaper juice producers have caught on to the dessert gourmet trend and are starting to make offerings of vanilla custard, strawberry milk / custard etc.

BUT will they keep their prices low or will they jump on the $22 per 30ml bandwagon....? I am cynical about what the answer to that will be also. Who knows...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread