GreenCig carts questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SikVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2010
Cali
I asked in another thread but didn't get an answer, so here I am.

I'm looking for an alternative to regular KR808D-1 carts because I've noticed scorch marks and melted polyfill when I take them apart.

The GC carts are 15mg, which is too high for me, I'm usually vaping 4mg juice cut down even more with VG. I would say 50/50 non nic with 4 mg nic. Thus, I would like to rinse out these GC carts and fill my own mix.

I was wondering, do the GC carts still have the glue adhering the tip to the cart? I've read that people have trouble prying the tip off b/c of the glue. If I mess up the GC tip, couldn't i just use a regular KR808D-1 tip to replace it?

Also, is it true you can totally vape these carts dry and none of the filler/batting will burn, melt or scorch like a regular cart? If so, then I am sold and will be ordering a pack.

What worries me is that I watched a video on youtube said that refilling the carts is a difficult process, has someone come up with a foolproof way of cleaning them out and refilling them besides the syringe technique? I searched and couldn't find a video or thread.

Thanks for the help

Hi Sik. You can drip into the battery end. Just not too much at one time. Filling with a syringe is easy - I save up and refill half a dozen carts at once as I'm too lazy to do it very often.

There IS a thin ring of glue under the round end cap. It IS a bit of a pain to pry off, especially compared to, say, a KR808, which is easy. However, using Drew's special tool it's not that hard. The end cap from a KR808 cart will actually fit on there when you're done, with a tiny bit of finesse, so you don't have to try and get the original (now mangled!) cap back on.

Something to remember: Don't let your cart run all the way dry. They keep their flavor better if you begin dripping on them before they run all the way out.

SikVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2010
Cali
I bought a pack of GC carts (Western Tobacco, which doesn't taste very good) the KR808 to GC adapter, and also a bottle of lung juice. I was really dissapointed at first because I also had the problem, like another poster, of the adapter not working with the KR carts and a V4L auto battery. The adapter gives TOO MUCH airflow which prevents the V4L auto batteries form powering up. That being said, the adapters work very well on the V4L manual batteries and my manual passthrough. The GC carts do not work on the manual V4L batteries without it. Also, my GC garts did come with glue, but it was easy to remove. Overall, the GC carts produce loads of vapor with my VG/PG mixes but the throat hit and flavor is definitely lacking compared to a regular KR808 cart, but at least they do not have the problem of scorching and melted cart filler like the KR carts.

On another note, I have been using the adapter to increase airflow for my V4L carts and this has made the draw very easy. I think it helps to keep the cart cooler and have less scorching inside the carts. Everytime I throw away a cart, I take it apart to examine the inside and check for burning, melted filling, etc.

I also got to try some lung juice. I got the Sleepy Time juice because it was the lowest nic level. It is much darker than all my other liquids, and doesn't really taste anything like green tea. However, I absolutely love it, but the bottle doesn't really dispense drops efficiently. A little bit kind of runs down the sides when I drip, but not too much.

In the end, I feel that GC carts are ok and an alternative to regular KR808 carts. It's nice to have choices. I think I'm ready to move on to mods and HV PVs now, and so far I'm trying to learn as much as I can on the forums and am thinking about the Xhaler.

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
Sikvapor if you have too much air in the adapter take a condom and cut the other end off this way you have a condom with 2 open sides. slip that condom over the adapter therefore covering the little hole in the adapter and that way you wont have too much air flow.
also and i said this to you once before in a post. try not to take therse greencig cartos apart. if you do you must put it back exactly same way or it will not work correctly. These cartos work best the way they are. but if you insist to make mods out of hem be my guest. just trying to help. Neepvapor doe sit but she knows a lot about these cartos and can put them together well. so be carefull. if you want to get he western flavor out just vape it but do not inhale. also best way to fill them is with a syringe or just drip thru the battery end.
I explained this on your other post cause you started a post here then started same thing there so i posted somewhere lol. but anyway i hope you read it cause it gave some great info.
best of luck to you.
Cos

ToyTaco

Jan 29, 2010
Southeast PA
Taking them apart gets real easy after about a week. When you put the cart back together, make sure the flat side is opposite of the loop of fiberglass hairs (wick). Only push it in untill it is flush with the top of the cart. When you put the cap back on, one side has a shorter lip. Line this shorter lip up with the flat side so air can pass through. Use the cap to finish pushing the insides into the cart. This keeps you from pushing it in too deep and getting the filler against the atty. So far, I have not killed any carts doing this.

If you refill and start getting a slight burnt taste, these carts can be cleaned. Just disassemble, run the cart under hot water, soak in alcohol for a few hours, and re-rinse in hot water. Let the atty and cart dry, then reassemble. So far, all of mine have been recovered using this method and still taste great. Nothing is like a clean cart filled with Drews 555.

Once I have enough posts, I will likely make an illustrated instruction guide with quality macro photos.

Tried GreenSmoke, NJoy, V4L, 510....and now G300. I still use my V4L some, but I am sticking with my G300...until Drew gets Magnum technology into a GC kit. :D

Maktak096

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Arlington, MA
instead of posting a new thread i figured id add onto this thread. So my questions. I currently use a 510, and i just got my xhaler today but im realizing that dripping isnt for me especially at high voltage. I'd like to try greencig cartos but im a lil nervous... had bad experience with red dragon crap cartos when i first started vaping. :-/ my bad haha but it got me in the ecig door! So my question is how do greencig cartos work with the xhaler? specifically at 5v? I had alotta problems buring the inside of my cartos with red dragon either they came with verryyyy little juice or they were awful cartos. Just like some insight on greencigs and the xhaler. It would definitely be way more convenient then dripping all the time at work. haha

ToyTaco

Jan 29, 2010
Southeast PA
I agree with Drew here. Tried the GC carts on a USB passthrough. Wasn't for me. Most juices taste burnt almost instantly. Only thing that seams good on the GC cart at 5V was.....you guesed it, Drews HV. They do dry much faster also. I'm sticking at 3.7V on these for now....until Drew crams Magnum constant atty temperature technology into a GC (or a Magnum cart model is made)....hmmmmm!

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
yep i agree with Dree and Toytaco greencig cartos work best at 3.7v. if you do it at 5v you better know how to work that Xhaler button. that means do not hold it longer than 2 seconds. maybe 3 tops. there are others taht use greencigs at 5volts but they know what they are doing. but i will stay at 3.7v
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread