Got my Vermillion River Sampler today

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCTony

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2011
South Carolina
The atomizer is brand new- a SmokTech 510 Atomizer 2.00 ohm. Do you think the 2 ohm is too hot and burning the juice? (On a KGO) I ordered the Watermelon, Malibu Pineapple, Pome Granate, Blueberry, and Hot Cinnamon. :) May run by the local Brick& Mortar (iVape is about 20 miles away) tomorrow and get some cartos. The Butter Rum made me think ...'this is how juice should taste!' . :)

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
:p
I will put that on my short list for the future.

It's too bad I only have sampler bottles from VR. My next order from them will definitely be big bottles only.

I stuck with a 15ml bottle for this order. Till I find out how it holds up over time...I'll let you know tomorrow when i finish it:p

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
The atomizer is brand new- a SmokTech 510 Atomizer 2.00 ohm. Do you think the 2 ohm is too hot and burning the juice? (On a KGO) I ordered the Watermelon, Malibu Pineapple, Pome Granate, Blueberry, and Hot Cinnamon. :) May run by the local Brick& Mortar (iVape is about 20 miles away) tomorrow and get some cartos. The Butter Rum made me think ...'this is how juice should taste!' . :)

That may be a little too hot....need a cooler vape to really enjoy these. But it shoudn't taste burnt. Blow out that atty, wipe it down well and give it a couple of fresh drips

SCTony

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2011
South Carolina
I've tried the atomizer 3 or 4 times on other juices in the past couple of days and cleaned it each time. I may get one or two decent hits and then the burnt taste, so I have been kind of disappointed with atomizer/dripping. Maybe it's worth trying again with a higher ohm atty. One of my Echo autos just got stuck on. Bummer. Any way to rinse/clean the auto sensor? Thanks.

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
Wipe off you echo cart and blow it out, is the first thing......

clean off the threads and around the post with a cotton swap and some isporopyl or rubbing or high proof alcohol. make sure the cotton swab isn't dripping wet and won't drip if you squeeze it. Use a jewelers tool or thin metal object to really work around the post. Getting underneath as best you can. If you have an old toothbrush, this works well at getting in there with the alcohol. Try to get in the hole as best you can. If you can twist up a tiny part of the damp swab and get it in the hole, work it around a little and leave it for awhile as the alcohol evaporates. If, not just leave it on the post.

Leave it and come back in the morning and charge it up fully and then some. Test it by sucking directly on the battery to see that it goes on and off ok before attaching a cart to it. the more you can leave it alone before you test it, the better.

Cheers.

Last edited:

The_Jerkstore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've tried the atomizer 3 or 4 times on other juices in the past couple of days and cleaned it each time. I may get one or two decent hits and then the burnt taste, so I have been kind of disappointed with atomizer/dripping. Maybe it's worth trying again with a higher ohm atty. One of my Echo autos just got stuck on. Bummer. Any way to rinse/clean the auto sensor? Thanks.
Well you don't have to clean it everytime. If an atty is new or if I've just cleaned it, I always drip 4-6 drops. You'll get the burnt taste quicker at first. After that I do 3-4 drops. You'll notice you'll be able to get more hits before burnt taste. Also, keep in mind the size of drops from different bottles aren't always the same.

The atty's that come with the Kgo are good. I would say try again. As someone else mentioned, dripping is a lot better to sample juices. Nothing worse than filling a carto and then hating the juice.

SCTony

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2011
South Carolina
I took that atomizer apart, to see what's what, and I think it was a bad unit. The heating coil sits in a rectangular ceramic cup with 4 holes to let juice seep in. I think that coil was out of place and one side was raised up out of its little juice recess. Anyway I got a regular atomizer today and it is working great. VR Hot Cinnamon makes me cough a little but I keep going back for more lol. Good Stuff! Malibu Pineapple is top-shelf as well. Bluemist Vaping Honeydew is surprisingly nice too- nice throat hit and very pleasant taste. I lub vaping so much more than smoking! :)

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
I took that atomizer apart, to see what's what, and I think it was a bad unit. The heating coil sits in a rectangular ceramic cup with 4 holes to let juice seep in. I think that coil was out of place and one side was raised up out of its little juice recess. Anyway I got a regular atomizer today and it is working great. VR Hot Cinnamon makes me cough a little but I keep going back for more lol. Good Stuff! Malibu Pineapple is top-shelf as well. Bluemist Vaping Honeydew is surprisingly nice too- nice throat hit and very pleasant taste. I lub vaping so much more than smoking! :)

Good luck getting the hot cinnamon taste outta that atty, though:D

SCTony

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2011
South Carolina
Good luck getting the hot cinnamon taste outta that atty, though:D
Haha I read about that somewhere before so I put Hot Cinnamon in a new cartomizer all dedicated to cinnamon :) So far I have been trying to have a separate carto for each flavor but that;s starting to get too expensive and too cluttered lol.

SCTony

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2011
South Carolina
One of my Echo autos just got stuck on. Bummer. Any way to rinse/clean the auto sensor? Thanks.
Just a note on this- this only happens on an Echo Dual Coil carto loaded with 100% VG juice (and only on one of the two batteries). I'm thinking the dual coils might be vaporizing the juice quick enough to hold a small vacuum on the auto-sensor, especially with the thick VG juice. This one battery might have a little more sensitive sensor than the other battery. Other than this it is working fine. Cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread