Status
Not open for further replies.

The Yeti

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Black Hills, SD
Hi all. Got my 5v GLV two days ago! :thumbs: Have been happily vaping away at 5v since....but, I have a couple of concerns:

I am going through juice like nobody's business! I understand this is just a by-product of the HV, but WOW, I went through 7ml (24mg) in 1 day! :shock: I must admit, I've been vaping a bit more than usual, too. This thing just makes all my flavors taste soooo much better.

The batteries fit REALLY tight in the GLV, making the spring on the bottom screw cap pretty much useless. If the GLV gets jarred enough for the top battery to lose contact, I have to unscrew the bottom and push the batteries back up.

I think I've killed 3 attys in 2 days with this thing! :shock: I say "think" because I haven't cleaned them (I was dripping a lot), but they give no "sizzle" at all. :(

I've been using the "blue-foam plug with straw" mod on my 510 for a month or so, and it worked great. With the GLV, it just doesn't seem to wick fast enough (hence, the constant dripping, which gives GREAT flavor, BTW). Oh, and I did turn the plug over for HV.

And, one final question - how long of a drag is too long with the 5v GLV? I can go anywhere from 5-10sec. 5sec being the minimum to get a satisfying hit (for me). Don't want to kill more attys with too long hits....

indyxlt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2009
New England
It's only a little bit cool, huh? Got mine on Friday and haven't put it down.

I agree with juice consumption. Others have commented on that. Don't know if 5v uses more or if I'm just using more (probably the latter). Yeah, the taste is a new experience.

Haven't been using attys. I switched to cartomizers on my 901 about a week before in preparation for the GLV (again, based on other's comments). Pretty friggin sweet.

I noticed I was taking a shorter drag on this to get satisfaction. Wasn't really trying to, it just happened. Not at all like sucking on the 901.

The Yeti

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Black Hills, SD
To be fair, I think the two attys that I killed (just checked 'em and the third is still working) were on their last legs anyways.

I'm using 510 attys on mine since that's what I had before. Do you rekon the 901 is better than 510?

On a side note, my GLV was supposed to come without the graphics but it indeed has them...has anyone found a way to remove them? No big deal if not....

jaybird

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
MI USA
www.greatlakesvapor.com
Hi all. Got my 5v GLV two days ago! :thumbs: Have been happily vaping away at 5v since....but, I have a couple of concerns:

I am going through juice like nobody's business! I understand this is just a by-product of the HV, but WOW, I went through 7ml (24mg) in 1 day! :shock: I must admit, I've been vaping a bit more than usual, too. This thing just makes all my flavors taste soooo much better.

The batteries fit REALLY tight in the GLV, making the spring on the bottom screw cap pretty much useless. If the GLV gets jarred enough for the top battery to lose contact, I have to unscrew the bottom and push the batteries back up.

I think I've killed 3 attys in 2 days with this thing! :shock: I say "think" because I haven't cleaned them (I was dripping a lot), but they give no "sizzle" at all. :(

I've been using the "blue-foam plug with straw" mod on my 510 for a month or so, and it worked great. With the GLV, it just doesn't seem to wick fast enough (hence, the constant dripping, which gives GREAT flavor, BTW). Oh, and I did turn the plug over for HV.

And, one final question - how long of a drag is too long with the 5v GLV? I can go anywhere from 5-10sec. 5sec being the minimum to get a satisfying hit (for me). Don't want to kill more attys with too long hits....
HV will do that to your juice lol. I know about the batteries and have had the shop fix the issue, and 5v will kill old attys quick for some reason..best to start with a fresh one. As far as drag time i do about 5-7 sec. Glad to see you like it.

jay.

indyxlt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2009
New England

The Yeti

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Black Hills, SD

UPDATE:

After a few more days with my GLV, I thought I should update my original post with some new thoughts.

I'm still going through juice faster than with my stock 510, but not as much as I was when I first got the GLV...musta been just vaping more with the "new toy syndrome". :oops:

The batteries have loosened up a bit, the spring on the bottom cap functions as it should now.

My "blue foam with straw" mod is working like a champ now...not sure what my problem was at the start, probably just chain-vaping too much for the cart to keep up! :cool: Drains the cart EVERY TIME now! :thumb:

I've found that 5-7 seconds is the perfect drag, any longer and I'm just wasting vapor.

On a side note: the threads on my top cap where the atty connects have become entirely stripped out. I kept having problems with the atty connection, so I was constantly screwing & un-screwing the atty which I'm sure didn't help. The threads are definitely too soft, though. Jay says he'd seen this problem once before and is gonna make it right with me. :thumbs:

All in all, I'm very happy with the GLV! Not working at the moment though, my last thread gave out today so I'm waiting on Jay to get me up and running again...I miss her already. :cry:

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
It's not the 901 but the cartomizer that I think does the trick. The cartomizer is made for the KR808. You can get a 501 to KR808 adapter.

Check out experienced "cartos" users comments in this thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/greatlakesvapor/50625-glv-reviews.html

Member "doots" was quite helpful in this.

Yes Indy,

I use 510s and Carts almost all the time on 5v.

I prefer the cartos on GLV 5v much over 510. Doesnt use the amount of juice that the 510 requires to keep it cool..

I do use the 510 a lot but only on 3.7 on my Chuck. Wonderful vape..

Cartos are the way to go.

You can get a 510>808 adapter at altsmoke to try cartos. Or whatever battery connector you need. I think goodprophets has them too.

I get my blanks from east mall.net
www.eastmall.net - Eastmall International Co.,Ltd
25 blanks for $25
5x DPV9 Capsule - Bulk @ $1 pc Empty White (25pcs) - Bulk (Batts & Atts) - Eastmall International Co.,Ltd
they call them the DPV9 but they are 808's cartos.

Cartos are easy to fill and use less juice than other type attys at 5v.

Pop the white cap off the top and take out the little silicone washer and put 20 drops in the carto. Put the washer back in and the top back on and youre ready to vape for a few hours.

You can also drip in the hole in battery end of carto. Place 5 or 6 drops of juice every hour or so in there and vape away.

If you get too much juice in them just blow from the mouthpiece end into a paper towel and excess will be gone and you can start vaping again fast.

Give them a try, Very inexpensive and hold up well to HV.

Dont let them go dry. I use them for several days to 2 weeks before tossing them.. About 1 buck a piece.. You cant beat the price..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread