Geekvape Aegis Legend

The Aegis legend is a stylish dual 18650 box mod designed to be waterproof and shockproof.
Mod Style
  1. Box Mod
Retails for
Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Picture of Geekvape official stuff. I received a black stealth Geekvape Legend kit, I am really enjoying the vape so far. Also received an AURA AOI, it's the cigar shaped vape near the Legend. I was surprised at how well it vaped, and it looks super neat. The husband has since stolen it from me, he was a cigar smoker. LOL. Here is a pic:

0Qn9kFJ.jpg

Anna

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Unfortunately, I can't find the Aegis Legend kit in Stealth Black in stock anywhere online. Every place I've found has limited color options available, and no black. :(

$68 at Eciggity giggity giggity for the stealth black Legend kit
$57.11 after using code xmas16
Geek Vape Aegis Legend 200W Kit

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Gun metal 100 watt user here.

My goodness, what a well made, rock solid, easy to use device this one is. My brother kept showing me his 2 cell version as he took a 4 second drag that caused my home to smell like captain crunch cereal. I was using a tobbaco liquid in a JoyeTech Penguin at the time so moving to such a large device didn't seem so necessary.

Then a local shop got in the 100 watt version. By then I had discovered the Zenith tank and a nice grape I like. I still carry the porta-puffer types during the day. Then in the evening I enjoy tastey MTL's from a Zenith clad Legend.

Flawless operation with a predictable puff every time. After two weeks of coffee table use the ginormous battery is still at 75%. The guy at the shop joked "get a spare cell and you won't run out of power for a year"... he was joking and did not know my thought was during hurricane season this dude will make it through power outages easily.

Thank you Geek Vape for making a one cell version.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
The green Legend kit was at my PO before it entered the tracking system. MVS requires 18+ to sign. The dogs snoozed on the job so I had to pick it up at PO.
I quit with 24mg 70PG Fireball 5.5 years ago. DIY Max VG 3mg Candy Watermelon, Bavarian Cream & Kool Berries today.
40231292_2240819946148823_4438795953922637824_n.jpg

Last edited:

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Survival kit for a few nights at my MiL's house. FiL passed away yesterday.
~180ml DIY, mods/tanks, batteries, charger & wifi. All set.
A Legend bounced off the rug from chest height yesterday.
It laughed and chucked cloudz brah.
survival-kit-1-jpg.767725

Last edited:

Irked Particle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
www.twitter.com
I just received my Aegis Legend in rainbow a couple weeks ago, & it's my favorite mod I own so far aside from my Rage squonker.
I love how durable & beautiful it is, & the leather looks amazing. The rainbow stitching on it is a really cool touch.
It feels great in my hand; is the perfect size for someone like me with large hands.
The user interface is easy to use & has all the features I want.
Fantastic job, & I'm so glad I own one! :)

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I'm thinking about doing a long term review on one of my Legends. I picked one to abuse and chain vape on a while back. I've been adding a tick to my journal everytime the puff counter hits 1000. Today it officially has 100,047 puffs. I'd say that speaks to the chip quality. The paint is coming off on the buttons and in some other spots, that doesn't bother or surprise me as I've been really pushing this one and it's still going strong! Maybe I'll do a long term review when it hits 150k

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Really sorry for the design disappointing you. We will forward your idea to our engineers. Hope they will make better products.
OE wrapped batteries work fine. I don't think that this is a design flaw, it's snug so you don't have any battery rattling. You can't use thicker wraps, but usually no problem.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Did you vape it yet? How do you like it so far?

Really like the weight and feel of the mod, little hard to be stealthy with it at it's size. It feels right in my hand.

Took it on 4 flights yesterday, mostly to see how the tank performed under cabin pressure. Took the Geekvape Aero Mesh and the Vaporesso NRG tanks. Filled both to a little over 3/4 full, inverted them prior to take off, closed airflow, left inverted until we hit cruising altitude ~30,000' righted them, let them set in the seat back pocket for 5 minutes to let the coils rewet and wick. Neither leaked a drop.

So far the Legend has been a solid performer. Really like that the up/down buttons can be locked independently from the fire button. Wish my Aliens could do that. Don't have to worry about accidentally vaping at 220 watts.

Haven't had enough time to fully evaluate the coils, early on the NRG seems to have better flavor, The Aero seems to produce thicker vapor. Will take a few more days to see how the coils work out.

The legend is by far a better choice on my Revvo tanks. With the Alien and Revvo tank I run the alien at 70 to 80 watts. The same juice, same Revvo tank on the Legend I run at 50 to 60 watts and get great flavor.

Batteries are holding up well. Better than 24 hours with .2 ohm coil running at 60 watts, going to estimate 4 tanks in those 24 hours.

TC is not my thing so can't speak to that.

I will order at least one more Legend for sure. I also liked my new Revenger X, I can see ordering a another as well. These two mods are definitely pushing my SMOK mods to the back of the rotation.

Doubt the Legend will be my travel mod for flight days, too hard to get 2 in a shirt pocket. For this days I will stick with Revenger X or Alien. When not flying I can see the Legend being a go to mod for sure.

I am an avid fan of geek vape mods and after owning the original aegis for a good while with absolutely no problems i have decided that its now time to go for the Legend kit.
The original aegis has never let me down its a wonderful sexy mod even for a girly girl like me. It has stood a good few drops and even a good wash by the tides at the beach and still keeps ticking along no problems. For anyone unsure about the original or the Legend all i can say is for the price you wont regret purchasing and wont get a better mod anywhere.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
The green Legend kit was at my PO before it entered the tracking system. MVS requires 18+ to sign. The dogs snoozed on the job so I had to pick it up at PO.
I quit with 24mg 70PG Fireball 5.5 years ago. DIY Max VG 3mg Candy Watermelon, Bavarian Cream & Kool Berries today.
40231292_2240819946148823_4438795953922637824_n.jpg
Nice screen shot

bobwho77

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Ypsilanti mi
If I can not brick something with an update, I'm fairly certain it is easy. My hardest two things were a) finding the USB port (up top) and well concealed, and holding down the "Plus" button while attaching both my USB connections. However, the Geekvape website makes it really easy, although I did have to download some free "unzip" software my computer is running on a very minimalist platform, kind of like how cars with the "base model" are pretty rudimentary.

But the actual update was easy.

Good luck it really is worth it for battery life, I was getting SUPREMELY poor battery life (and while resting, mainly as my wattage is on "11" and even doing stuff like turning it off at night, well I was getting maybe just under two days. Without turning it off on with the update my first pair of batteries lasted almost 4 days.

Good luck!

Anna

SUCCESSFUL UPDATE!
THANKS for the encouragement!
I'll keep you posted on how it works out

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
bobwho77, I take it you don't use TC.

I only use TC and they're working fine with SS mesh. In fact a second one was because they were so reliable with mesh.

Never had anything like the 80° swings described. You're the only one I've seen that from (I think it was you). I think the ones who have slow ramp up vs it working fine for me with mesh is a mass issue, mesh is so fast to heat up I don't notice it being slow. Although I think I did turn down the wattage when using screen mesh with the last update.
Messing around with Arctic Fox it seems there are different ways of thinking about how the wattage setting in TC controls the power applied. I think that's where the problem with mass is coming from.

As far as your problem, my first suspect would be the tank, either how it goes with the 510 or the coil connections. If it's multiple tanks, that particular mod would be suspect. If multiple mods and multiple tanks and multiple builds I'd have no idea. Something has to be changing to cause a swing, TC isn't programmed to have swings on its own. With my Cuboid it was their very poor 510 connection vs many hard drops.

As far as W8 goes, find another computer to hook it to is the simplest solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread