Geekvape Aegis Legend [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The main cool thing about updating the legend is like, it doubles battery life, seriously.

The TC is changed, but it still requires some tweaking to make it work WELL. I am going to be fair about that.

Like I said, I bricked mine with the first update, but instead of freaking out, I just, well I'm gonna Brittany out and say, "Whoops, I did it again."

I didn't freak because I am super sick of the husband and kid making fun of my computer abilities, so I just started over and it went totally fine. The main thing is, I felt awesome and competent at the end, which would not have happened if I summoned the husband. He would have muttered over my computer for like 4 hours before he EVEN got to the software update.

Anna

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
No problems here.
ftfda-legend-lineup-jpg.771347

bobwho77

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Ypsilanti mi
bobwho77, I take it you don't use TC.

Nope.
Hard to find a regulated mod without it these days, though .
I'm sub-ohm, but only just.
I run an Aspire cleito with the 0.4 ohm coils at 55-60 watts.
A 200 watt mod for me is like the guy driving a Corvette on his daily commute.
I tried the high-watt, and rebuilding for a while, but I like the vape I get from this better, and there's less hassle besides.
I'm the same way about fishing, too.
I don't do the hand tying my own flies, and super fancy gear there either. (even though I could)
Just good quality gear, and commercial lures.
I still have fun and catch fish (sometimes)

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
Update update...
Battery life improves by almost 25%.
Before the update I was getting 200 puffs (+/- 5-6) from a full charge on a pair of brown wrapped LGs.
Now I'm getting 250 (+/- 5-6) from the same batteries.
Good stuff...
PS...
The water resistance test I did was UNINTENDED!
I'd never want to leave a mod out in the rain on purpose.
I'm just glad it passed.

Thank you for your feedback @bobwho77:headbang:

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
After the the update on my Aegis 3 clicks no longer gets me in to settings to change ohms or reset puff counter. Speed of clicks has no effect,what next?

Do I reset to the original, it worked then?

Sorry for the problem. Please Email us, support@geekvape.com. Our technicians will help you!

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
bobwho77, I take it you don't use TC.

I only use TC and they're working fine with SS mesh. In fact a second one was because they were so reliable with mesh.

Never had anything like the 80° swings described. You're the only one I've seen that from (I think it was you). I think the ones who have slow ramp up vs it working fine for me with mesh is a mass issue, mesh is so fast to heat up I don't notice it being slow. Although I think I did turn down the wattage when using screen mesh with the last update.
Messing around with Arctic Fox it seems there are different ways of thinking about how the wattage setting in TC controls the power applied. I think that's where the problem with mass is coming from.

As far as your problem, my first suspect would be the tank, either how it goes with the 510 or the coil connections. If it's multiple tanks, that particular mod would be suspect. If multiple mods and multiple tanks and multiple builds I'd have no idea. Something has to be changing to cause a swing, TC isn't programmed to have swings on its own. With my Cuboid it was their very poor 510 connection vs many hard drops.

As far as W8 goes, find another computer to hook it to is the simplest solution.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I only use TC and they're working fine with SS mesh. In fact a second one was because they were so reliable with mesh.
Yeah but mesh is only available with coils heads only. And they cost usually anywhere from 2 to 6 bucks apiece. While my rebuildables only cost like 10¢ or less each. Plus rebuildables you can clean most wires anyway and get tons of extra life out of them. Plus rayon wicking is becoming popular with rebuildables. Not yet available with coil heads that I know of.

Never had anything like the 80° swings described. You're the only one I've seen that from (I think it was you). I think the ones who have slow ramp up vs it working fine for me with mesh is a mass issue, mesh is so fast to heat up I don't notice it being slow. Although I think I did turn down the wattage when using screen mesh with the last update.
I know how TC is suppose to work. And I have total mistrust in Geek Vape electronic engineers and programmers that they even know what they are doing in TC.

Messing around with Arctic Fox it seems there are different ways of thinking about how the wattage setting in TC controls the power applied. I think that's where the problem with mass is coming from.
Indeed. And there are two main ways to setup TC. One is called power dominant and the other is called temperature dominant. And I don't think most TC users know anything about this. And depending on how you use the wattage in TC, determines which method you are using. Most TC users are unknowingly using temperature dominant.

And temperature dominant only releases flavors at that set temperature. While with power dominant you can swing through a number of different temperatures and squeeze out all the flavors in a particular juice. Not useful for all juices, but mainly ones with more complex juices.

As far as your problem, my first suspect would be the tank, either how it goes with the 510 or the coil connections. If it's multiple tanks, that particular mod would be suspect. If multiple mods and multiple tanks and multiple builds I'd have no idea. Something has to be changing to cause a swing, TC isn't programmed to have swings on its own. With my Cuboid it was their very poor 510 connection vs many hard drops.
Really? They all work fine on my 20+ DNA mods. They even work fine on my two Geek Vape GBOX 200w mods too. And it seems to me since at one time, Geek Vape used to know how to do TC correctly. Then after the GBOX was released, they forgot how. The GBOX has only one firmware released and that is the original firmware. There are no bugs, everything works perfectly and no need for endless updates.

Then something changed. Later Geek Vape mods needs endless firmware versions and they never seem to get things right. It is like someone that knew what they were doing got fired or quit or something at Geek Vape. So it seems one or more people are trying to learn and it will take years before they get things right if they ever do at all.

As far as W8 goes, find another computer to hook it to is the simplest solution.
Yeah well I don't really have any faith in the chipset or the firmware for the Aegis Legend anymore. I played as the guinea pig in my younger days. And frankly it has gotten old. I'll let you guys play as the guinea pig for awhile and I'll just wait until they finally get it right if ever. :)

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Yeah but mesh is only available with coils heads only. And they cost usually anywhere from 2 to 6 bucks apiece. While my rebuildables only cost like 10¢ or less each. Plus rebuildables you can clean most wires anyway and get tons of extra life out of them. Plus rayon wicking is becoming popular with rebuildables. Not yet available with coil heads that I know of.

I know how TC is suppose to work. And I have total mistrust in Geek Vape electronic engineers and programmers that they even know what they are doing in TC.

Indeed. And there are two main ways to setup TC. One is called power dominant and the other is called temperature dominant. And I don't think most TC users know anything about this. And depending on how you use the wattage in TC, determines which method you are using. Most TC users are unknowingly using temperature dominant.

And temperature dominant only releases flavors at that set temperature. While with power dominant you can swing through a number of different temperatures and squeeze out all the flavors in a particular juice. Not useful for all juices, but mainly ones with more complex juices.

Really? They all work fine on my 20+ DNA mods. They even work fine on my two Geek Vape GBOX 200w mods too. And it seems to me since at one time, Geek Vape used to know how to do TC correctly. Then after the GBOX was released, they forgot how. The GBOX has only one firmware released and that is the original firmware. There are no bugs, everything works perfectly and no need for endless updates.

Then something changed. Later Geek Vape mods needs endless firmware versions and they never seem to get things right. It is like someone that knew what they were doing got fired or quit or something at Geek Vape. So it seems one or more people are trying to learn and it will take years before they get things right if they ever do at all.

Yeah well I don't really have any faith in the chipset or the firmware for the Aegis Legend anymore. I played as the guinea pig in my younger days. And frankly it has gotten old. I'll let you guys play as the guinea pig for awhile and I'll just wait until they finally get it right if ever. :)

I'm positive there are mesh rebuildables.
0610182221.jpg

0815181724a.jpg

What works on something has no bearing on whether it will work on something else. Whether the problem is how the 510s go together or something in the programming.
My Proton hated dual coils, absolutely wouldn't do TC with dual claptons (worked much like you describe). Yet now I have a single staggered fused clapton on it doing fine and the dual coil tank is working fine on something else.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I'm positive there are mesh rebuildables.
Okay count me as a believer. :)

What works on something has no bearing on whether it will work on something else. Whether the problem is how the 510s go together or something in the programming.
My Proton hated dual coils, absolutely wouldn't do TC with dual claptons (worked much like you describe). Yet now I have a single staggered fused clapton on it doing fine and the dual coil tank is working fine on something else.
Absolutely! I've seen the Legend do TC correctly under some conditions. But when you get the temp setting, wattage, and TCR just right, then the Legend TC goes to hell. It shouldn't be this way at all. It should work throughout all of the expected conditions. For example when it is acting up, changing the temp setting will speed the oscillations faster going hotter and slow them down if changing cooler. That is totally just not acceptable to me. No way am I going to change my builds just so the Legend could do TC right. :(

Reactions: stols001

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Okay count me as a believer. :)

Absolutely! I've seen the Legend do TC correctly under some conditions. But when you get the temp setting, wattage, and TCR just right, then the Legend TC goes to hell. It shouldn't be this way at all. It should work throughout all of the expected conditions. For example when it is acting up, changing the temp setting will speed the oscillations faster going hotter and slow them down if changing cooler. That is totally just not acceptable to me. No way am I going to change my builds just so the Legend could do TC right. :(

I also wasn't talking about temperature dominant vs wattage dominant. I was talking about preheat type, absolute wattage, relative % or curve in Arctic Fox. Temp/watt dominant is just what's bigger on the screen.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I also wasn't talking about temperature dominant vs wattage dominant. I was talking about preheat type, absolute wattage, relative % or curve in Arctic Fox.
That is what the difference between temp/power dominant is all about. It is how you are using your wattage in TC. Where you set wattage, preheat, boost, warmth, etc.

Temp/watt dominant is just what's bigger on the screen.
Well I can see why you would say this. As non color DNAs has a temp/power dominant setting (color DNAs doesn't have this setting). And depending which one you select is larger on the screen and defaults to adjusting that one with the up/down buttons. You can still adjust either one regardless of the temp/power dominant setting, just that one is easier to adjust while the other requires more steps. But you can still select temp dominant and then set wattage for a power dominant vape anyway. Or also do the reverse too. :)

Last edited:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I'm loving the Legend!
Got my two back in May when they first became available. Used them for a week and their TC is horrible. They have been sitting on the shelf ever since. Been thinking about pulling the boards out and swapping them for DNA250C boards. :D

• Optimistic
Reactions: KC0YNU

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Got my two back in May when they first became available. Used them for a week and their TC is horrible. They have been sitting on the shelf ever since. Been thinking about pulling the boards out and swapping them for DNA250C boards. :D
I've seen a video of someone trying to take one apart, you end up destroying the mod because of the way it's built for water and dust protection.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I've seen a video of someone trying to take one apart, you end up destroying the mod because of the way it's built for water and dust protection.
I probably seen the same videos and it looks pretty easy to swap boards to me. The front panel is glued on and easily removed. Now you access to screws and allows you to remove the board. I believe DJLsb Vapes is one that shows this. Sure I'll probably lose the IPX rating (since I don't think I can use that seal with a DNA board), but I don't normally drop my mods in water anyway. :lol:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
My Aegis 100W is working fine at the 1.24 F/W level. I vape low wattage exclusively and only use TC mode here and there at 10W/420F. I'm impressed by the solid construction, features, and attention to detail.
Yeah I have 3 of those and the TC is much better on them for sure. Although Geek Vape's GBOX chipset is solid and the original firmware is bug free. Where did they go wrong with the Aegis 100W and the Legend firmware?

• Optimistic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread