GayPride.jpg

th_FemaleCouplexs.jpg
Month Awareness Contest
th_MaleCouplexs.jpg

PART 2

Come Have Fun. . .
No Matter Who You Are Or YOUR Sexual Orientation

th_Triangle-Pink2.jpg

Okay - What is “GAY PRIDE” Awareness Contest - Part 2 . . .
It is the easiest and simplest way to enter the “GAY PRIDE” Month Awareness Contest . . .

However, It Is Limited To 1 Entry Per Person . . .

There Are 4 Ways to Enter:

1) “What “Gay Pride” Means To Me’

And/Or

2) "What I Have Learned About "Gay Pride"

And/Or

3) Why “Gay Pride” Is Important To Me, because . . . .

And/Or (If you really feel like it)

4) A Combination of any 2-3 of the Above . . .

ALL ECF Members are invited to participate, including ECF Moderators . . .
However, My Apologies – because of the New USPS Regulations and Ban on Shipping Overseas - Prizes can only be Won by and shipped to USA Residents . . .

This Part of the Contest will run from June 16th ending June 30 at 11:59 PM EST when the thread will be closed . . . Then Re-Opened The Following Day To Announce The WINNERS ! ! ! :D

There will be 3 “WINNERS” of the Prize Packages for Part 2 . . .

The First Winner will be chosen by "Uncle" (Yep - That Be "Me" The Person Having The Contest) . . . AND - "My" decision will be based upon why this Contests (including Part 2) was posted in the first place – which is to bring “GAY PRIDE” Awareness to the ECF Community and What the Person has to say in their post . . . It Will Be Purely Subjective and “My” Personal Opinion about what the person said in their post. (The Winner will have 1st Choice of which Prize Package they want.)

The Second Winner with the most “Likes” . . . And hopefully based upon what the ECF Community decision which post has actually responded to and/or answered the question the best. (The Winner will have the next choice of the Prize Package They want.)

The Third Winner By Random. Org . . . based upon the “Luck’ of the Draw and “The Joker” (OF Course - The Winner will have the last Prize Package that is left.)

Please Note: You Can Only Win Once - If there happens to be a tie for those post “liked” they will be entered into Random.org and “Joker” will use the Random.org to generate the Winning Post.

The Prize Packages: There is something for everyone
It is with Great Appreciation for Generously Donating to the Prize Packages – that a HUGE THANKS goes out to the following vendors who donated these prizes as soon as they heard about the Contest and reached out to “Me” to join-in:

In Alphabetical Order:

Part 2 – Prize Package A:
From Vapors Choice:
Super Excalibur Kit: Complete with 650MAH batteries 510 ego threads 6.0 ml tank 2 extra replaceable atomizers and
1 - 30ml Bottle each of "Caramel Tobacco" and "Caramel Cinamon Tobacco"

From O2 Vapor:
$50.00 gift certificate to O2 Vapor

From Mount Baker Vapor:
$30.00 gift certificate to Mount Baker Vapor​

Part 2 – Prize Package B:

From Valley View Vapes:
1 Triple V Pyrex Tank

From Mount Baker Vapor:
$20.00 gift certificate to Mount Baker Vapor

Part 2 – Prize Package C:

From Virgin Vapor:
A Sampler Pack of three 1/2 ounce bottles of organic e-liquid in choice of flavors, strength and mix!

From Highbrow Vapor:
1 - 30ml bottle of “Nic-Juice” Winner’s Choice ! ! !

From Mount Baker Vapor:
$10.00 gift certificate to Mount Baker Vapor

Okay, Now for - The Rules:

1) ALL Entrants MUST BE 18 Years or Older To Enter . . .
2) Only ONE ENTRY per Person . . .
3) ALL Entries MUST BE labeled: “What “Gay Pride” Means To Me’ Or "What I Have Learned About "Gay Pride" Or Why “Gay Pride” Is Important To Me, because . . . .
4) No inappropriate or offensive post are allowed - As per ECF TOS - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-forum-rules/51178-forum-rules.html#post766856 , including but not limited to Rule #9: Flaming, Trolling, other misconduct; and in particular - Rule # 13: Freedom of Speech & Rule # 14: Offensive or Illegal Content . . . Also,
Please Note: Violators may have their access to all contest removed forever - “The Joker”
5) While it is neither a requirement, nor mandatory – it would be nice if all “Winners” were to send a “THANK YOU” to those vendors who have graciously donated these prizes.
6) In the spirit that all the prizes were donated – No Prize / Prize Package May be Sold in the Classifieds – However, they may be posted in the PIF Swap or PIF TC Threads Only.

EVERYONE MUST OBEY THE RULES: View attachment 109296
The contest thread will be “Monitored” by the “Monitoring Crew” of ECF Friends for any post not following the rules and anyone posting anything objectionable, including vulgar or otherwise disrespectful behavior – ECF Moderators will be notified immediately and your post will be deleted.

Cross Conversations & “Chit Chat” are allowed as long as what is posted stays on topic and within the theme of the Contest “GAY PRIDE”. However, Only Proper and Labeled Entries will be eligible for a Prize.

It will be the "Winner's" Responsibility to PM their Information to “Uncle” within 24 hours so the prize can be shipped / forwarded to the Vendor for shipping to You . . . If this rule is not followed, the Prize Package will be Donated to ECF PIF Forum for distribution to someone in need.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ! ! !

“UNCLE” View attachment 109297

Disclaimer: Please note that this contest is being held by “Uncle” who is a ECF Member and an independent third party, nor is he affiliated with any vendor or their products, All Vendors have graciously donated their product/s free of charge and are not receiving any compensation, and NO ONE is responsible or liable for any and all disputes that may or may not arise from this contest . . . . THE CONTEST is THE CONTEST. . . :D

Katatonik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Dallas, TX
What Gay Pride means to me:
Gay pride is the unique phenomenon of individuals rising above hate and obtain solidarity. Yes, the same was accomplished during the 60's and 70's for African-Americans, however, gay pride has the unique quality of rising above prejudice in the modern era. It is 2012, and we should have crossed this bridge decades ago--assuming that there was indeed a bridge.

Gay pride is about bringing attention to the inequity of rights and general respect for being a human being who only have incidental differences from the majority. Homosexuals are human beings and the hate poured against them is debilitating to them. The cheer is "We're here. We're queer. Get used to it." is a mantra for the disenfranchised. Society has yet to realize the movement that WILL succeed. The only issue is WHEN it will. Fighting against it is futile and the animosity is violent beyond reason. It is abhorrent that society feels threatened by homosexuality.

Gay pride is rising against the hatred.

tofucute

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2010
sOCal
Gay Pride Is Important To Me, because, although I'm not gay, I am an ethnic minority. Discrimination and bigotry is wrong. Period. We have to grow beyond the mindset of of small social groups or tribes and fear and hatred of "the other" that our species evolved into. Standing up to bigotry is crucial for us to evolve into a truly humane humanity. Additionally, self-hatred that can arrise from being discriminated against is amongst the most tragic injuries. So the "Pride" element is essential and empowering. You cannot put up a your best fight if you don't believe in it 100%.

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
Gay Pride is important to me because it signifies the undaunting spirit of those willing to stand up for themselves in the very face of persecution for the to be able to exercise the same unalienable rights that are allegedly accorded to everyone else who is not "gay". The very thought that people persecute other fellow human beings for their sexual orientation sickens me.
I happen to personally know many pople that are gay..some are hardcore and militant about their quest for justice and equal rights..some are passive and go with the flow..what they all have in common is their love of family..life..well being..and themselves...we all live on this little green and blue rock together. It just seems like yesterday that slavery was abolished..and in some places it still rears it's ugly head. Maybe someday humanity will realize it's not all about being straight or gay...but about being people...being real..being able to love whom you choose without having to live in fear of being ridiculed or persecuted for your beliefs...after all Witch-Hunting went out of style quite some time ago....I would like to believe we are more civilized than that...maybe...someday.....

Reddhott

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2011
cartoon land,usa
"What I Have Learned About "Gay Pride" and what it means to me
although people may have there differences here on ECF everyone came together to make Uncles contest a fun and great way to learn about the gay community. i learned alot about people on ECF and the caring community during this contest!. its a shame that people cant come together in the world to fight bigotry and hate of any kind. love is love no matter who you are and to be able to love and be loved by another human being is the most valuable gift to me. it should never be a issue about what someone does in there own private life but about how they are as a person and how they treat others. being gay is not a disease its not something you can catch its not something that therapy is gonna fix(as some say!) its who you are its who god made you. until people realize that everyone is equal no matter what the fight will continue! Take Pride in who you are! not what people want you to be!!!!
ty uncle for such a wonderful contest and a way for alot of people to learn about the gay community!

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA
What gay pride means to me

Since I am not an eloquent speaker (or typist) I will post some song lyrics that convey my thoughts on gay pride (or pride in general, and those who feel that their "beliefs" should be thrust upon all of society)

I tried to tell you long ago
Some people never learn
I hate to say I told you so
But I told you so
Stick your nose in someone's business
When it's none of your concern
Volunteer to be a witness
Some people never learn
What you do in own your room
On your own time
Nobody's cause for alarm
If it don't do, if it don't do
Nobody no harm,

You can form your own opinion
Have your own affair
Find a mess to get yourself in
No one should really care
And the peoiple passing judgment
Are easily amused
And people want to throw the book
Well, they ought to take another look (at what)
They do in their own room
On their own time
Nobody's cause for alarm
If it don't do, if it don't do
Nobody no harm

Joe Walsh - Told You So

Thanks for a wonderful contest Uncle and all the supporting vendors
Good Luck to everyone!!!!

ManuDawg

Vape Proud
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
Long Beach Ca
What I have learned about Gay Pride

I learned that New York had a law which made it a crime to "solicit men for the purpose of committing a crime against nature" and that bars were allowed to refuse service to LBGT people (yes I meant to bold the word people as that seemed to have been forgotten when this law was written and enforced). I've learned that the battle for acceptance and equal rights has been fought since June 28, 1969 when NY City Police raided a bar where the Gay Community was allowed to gather and openly express themselves. A riot started in the bar and the fight poured out into the street. Word of the uprising spread and LBGT people from all over New York joined in the fight. This riot lasted for six days and from it the Gay Civil Rights Movement was born.

I find it very difficult to understand how one person can judge and ostracize another. Why is it that society always has to have someone or some group to look down upon. Why is it that people are afraid of what they don't understand? My best friend from Jr. High and High Scool came out to me when we were 22. I found myself imagining how difficult it must have been for him to put on the "act" of being a young man interested in women. He is my best friend and didn't feel he could share such an important part of his life with me. Because society told him that he was not acceptable, that his feelings were unnatural and that his behavior was abhorrent he felt ashamed of himself. How many young gay people think about harming themselves, or actually do, because society tells them they are bad?

It seems that there is some debate within the gay community as to whether the Gay Pride Festivities and Parades are still necessary. I believe they are. Because of this movement young people are coming out at earlier ages and it is very encouraging that they feel free to be themselves. Also, because of this movement, and Uncle's personal "Gay Pride" (I put it in quotes for ya ;)) I have learned much more about the gay community and their fight for acceptance and I believe that many others on ECF have too. Thank you Uncle, your Gay Pride Awareness Contests have helped me to have a greater understanding of the issues facing the gay community and they have definitely opened my eyes to the persecution that LBGT people have faced in the past and, unfortunately, are still facing.

kookycole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Newark, OH
"What Gay Pride Means to Me and Why it is Important to Me"

I was talking to my sister (who is a lesbian) a couple of weeks ago about Obama coming out in support of gay rights and she said that she thinks there are more important things to focus on right now, such as the economy. I vehemently disagree with this way of thinking. The current issues with the economy are probably going to be a small blurb in the history books, but the importance of this issue will go down in history just like women’s rights and civil rights.

Although I believe that the right to get married is a huge issue, adoption rights for homosexual couples is just as important to me. In college I attended a presentation on adoption rights and it was heart breaking. Couple after couple stood up and shared their stories of trying to adopt a child. I heard stories from people who desperately wanted to raise a child and who were willing to adopt children that are generally considered unadoptable because of their age, behavior problems, or disability. Yet they were rejected on the sole basis of their sexual orientation, and those children will remain in the foster system and never have parents who want and love them.

Gay pride means a lot of different things to me. It means that people will no longer be ashamed to be themselves and teenagers will not commit suicide as they struggle with their sexual identity. It means that love between two people can be regarded as beautiful, regardless of sexual orientation. It means that all people will have an equal right to such basic things as employment, having children and getting married. To me, gay rights is the last big civil rights battle. Although civil rights for women and minorities still have a way to go, the major battles for equality have been fought and won. This battle is being fought right now and it has already come a long way but it still has a way to go before we can truly regard ourselves as being a land of freedom and equality.

Last edited:

lettucehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Indiana
Combination of - “What “Gay Pride” Means To Me’, "What I Have Learned About "Gay Pride", and "Why “Gay Pride” Is Important To Me, because . . . ."

For a long time, like probably many heterosexual people, the struggles of the homosexual community didn't really impinge on my awareness much - likely because I didn't see that it affected my daily life.

I supported the rights of gay persons more as a general philosophy of equal rights of people than anything I had spent any time thinking about or had any passion for. I was aware that, as a heterosexual person, I had the right to marry my love, receive his insurance benefits, and inherit his property – these rights I took for granted. I was also vaguely aware that most homosexual couples did not have these rights – and that was ‘disappointing’ and ‘not right’, in my mind, but those thoughts were as far as it went.

I had a friend who was openly homosexual. He had been with his partner for 16 years. They were in a loving and committed relationship. My friend’s partner was named John, and was an voice teacher specializing in opera at a local university. He had a voice that could make your soul shiver as it showed you heaven.

My friend, Matt, came home from work one day and found his love dead on the bathroom floor. Heart attack. He was 48 years old.

Matt was flattened with grief. He was lost. Bereft. As any of us would be if our love, soulmate, and partner of 16 years were taken away in a breath.

But it was worse for Matt, because within days of John’s death, John’s family came and took his things. They displaced Matt from his home because it was titled to John. They took John’s personal items. They took his bank account. They took his piano, his music, the recordings of his beautiful voice.

Matt was crushed. He consulted a lawyer and tried to fight for his rights, but he had pretty much none. He lost not only his love, but all the remembrances of his love, and all the things they had collected together over 16 years of life with each other.

I am safe. I have been made safe by laws and tradition that protect me if the worst should happen and I am widowed. But Matt didn’t have that protection and so he suffered – far more than was necessary, far more than was his due simply by his loss.

And it wasn’t right. It wasn't right as an outrage isn't right. As an outrage will impel you to stand up and fight against that outrage.

The anger I felt at Matt's ordeal has stayed with me.
To me, it’s not about laws and statutes and legal procedures - it’s about love.
And our inherent, deep, unalienable right to love.

And that is something worth fighting for....

36tinybells

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2011
Right Over Here
Why Gay Pride is Important to Me

It's simple, I just believe we are all equal. Any segment of the community being denied the same rights of the rest of a society should be recognized and supported by those of society who believe in equality. Supporting Gay Pride means supporting equal rights for all, irregardless of color, sex, religion, sexual preference, ect. Anything less just isn't civilized.

I grew up in a Navy city with a complete mesh of multi-cultural/multi-racial/multi-religion/multi-preference peoples. It was a great way to grow up and I wish it on everyone (great variety of authentic cuisine too!).

beartard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
Winter Haven, Florida, USA
"What I have learned about gay pride"

The one symbol of "pride" that is ubiquitous and iconic is the annual parade. I shied away from them for quite some time. My main reason was that I didn't believe it reflected well on the gay community at large, those of us who kept screaming "We're just like everybody else!" It seemed counter-productive to see our sexuality (in all its various forms and fetishes) paraded through the streets as if the circus were coming to town.

In 2005 I went to my first pride parade in Atlanta. Of course there were the usual "dykes on bikes," leather guys, and every other LGBT group under the Sun. There were protesters, too, telling me an my partner at the time that were were all doomed to burn in Hell (and they took great delight in that fact). I have to admit, I wasn't too terribly impressed with the whole event. It seemed like just another commercialized event. Everybody who was anybody wanted their logo prominently displayed. I was ready to dismiss it all again, just like a traveling carnival with hawks selling patent medicines and trying to get you to look at the bearded lady.

But then, there came a point in the parade where PFLAG (parents and friends of lesbians and gays) marched by. One lady was holding a sign that said "I'm proud of my GAY son!" It was as if Newton's apple hit me on the head. I teared up and thought, "That's really what I want more than anything else." I looked around and I could see guys in business suits, conservatively dressed soccer moms, khaki-and-polo people, and jeans-and-t-shirts as well. I had focused so much on the extraordinary that I was ignoring just how ordinary the event was, putting me squarely in the camp of the protesters on the periphery. It really is all about being a family, being proud of that family no matter what, showing unconditional love to everyone, and coming to the realization that there are as many ways to live life as there are people to live it.

Extraunordinary

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2012
Where I am
Why “Gay Pride” Is Important To Me, because my Sister is the only family I have, and vice versa. She is strong, proud and unbelievably awesome! She's a Doctor, and I am very proud of her. She is also the one that introduced me to this smoking alternative. I always said I would never quit tobacco because I love it so much (I hand rolled all natural, specialty blends for 20 years). Her girlfriend started using an e-cig so they bought me one just to try. She probably saved my life with that small gesture.

My Sister is very important to me = Gay Pride is very important to me.

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
Chit chat post, not an entry

Why “Gay Pride” Is Important To Me, because my Sister is the only family I have, and vice versa. She is strong, proud and unbelievably awesome! She's a Doctor, and I am very proud of her. She is also the one that introduced me to this smoking alternative. I always said I would never quit tobacco because I love it so much (I hand rolled all natural, specialty blends for 20 years). Her girlfriend started using an e-cig so they bought me one just to try. She probably saved my life with that small gesture.

My Sister is very important to me = Gay Pride is very important to me.

Did she get a free toaster for converting you? Heh. *Old* joke, but I had to use it on this entry. :)

Last edited:

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
"What I Have Learned About "Gay Pride"

I thought I was fairly familiar with the gay issues. You hear the back and forth about gay marriage all the time on the news. I've had a few gay friends. But reading all the entries in the first contest really opened my eyes. I learned so much. There were quotes by famous people I never knew were gay. I went to look at the list at Wikipedia and was amazed at the size of it. I really enjoyed lots of the quotes, and some of the historical moments educated me and even surprised me.

Though I've often considered gay issues, recently I've been thinking more about them because of these contests. Discrimination against gays (or anyone) is one of those ongoing battles. Will things ever be fair? I'm not sure. I think there's always going to be an underdog of some kind, even if our society accepts gays as equals. Why do humans need to behave like this? Is it hardwired into us in some way? Is it some sort of tribal heritage? These are questions I've been asking myself lately. Another question is: Why are there gays? I read in the last contest that even animals practice homosexuality. I'd like to learn more about this. Is it part of basic sexuality, or something else? Is it genetic? It doesn't seem, in most cases, to be something a person decides but is something they are born with. Is it an attempt on the part of nature to limit the population since the world has become so overcrowded?

All these questions and more have been on my mind a lot lately. I've learned a lot about gay pride, but it has also brought up even more questions.

Ceegary

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Phoenix
"What Gay Pride means to me"...

Not only have gay people denied the same seat at the table in social, political, economic and religious arenas, they have been subjected to a widespread campaign of "shame".

Here are some synonyms of shame to illustrate; disgrace, embarrassment,chagrin, contempt, contrition, degradation, derision, discredit, disesteem, dishonor, disrepute, guilt, humiliation, ignominy, ill repute, infamy, irritation, loss of face, mortification, remorse, reproach, scandal, self-disgust, self-reproach, self-reproof, shamefacedness, skeleton in the cupboard, smear and stigma.

In fact it is accurate to state that this campaign actually reached proportions of trying to shame a whole sector of humanity into not being who they are.

Gay Pride in totality is throwing of the yoke of shame. It is reversing the polarity of this vicious and nonsensical assault. It is the antithesis of shame whose antonyms are honor, pride & respect. I look forward to the day when there is no more need for Gay Pride, when gay folk are just another section of society cut from a different cloth, no more no less, but it will be Gay Pride that will have been hugely instrumental in bringing that about.

Yeah_its_me

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2011
What Gay Pride means to me..........It means that the person is proud in the belief of their or a loved ones same sex lifestyle choices. I would feel the same about "Hetero Pride" or "Bi Pride" if those terms existed. To be honest it really does not matter to me who or what you make love to ....what matters is the person you are.....and love is good! In my humble opinion if you can find someone who truly loves you and you truly love .....you are blessed :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread