everything new I've tried doesn't give as good of vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegan

May 9, 2012
usa
I use 100% VG mix due to PG allergy.

I've tried the DCT tanks. Vapor tastes weird and sometimes I have to heat the coils over and over before I can even hear the liquid start to sizzle.
I've tried the vision egos, short and long wick. Lots of dry hits, hard to pull, sometimes I have to keep them loose on the battery because the air flow is blocked,have to keep the drip tip loose to keep from pinching the wicks which sometimes results in juice on tongue.

The ones that still give the best vapor and flavor are the ones I bought from Totally wicked -- The tornado tank. These are the cone shaped atomizers with the push in cartridges. I think these are just the standard ego cone atomizers that have been re-branded? I started looking for something new due to juice leaks from both ends of atty on occasion.

What will produce a similar flavor/hit without leaks? I'm tired of buying products that end up collecting dust. Clearomizer, cartomizer, tank, whatever will work.

Thanks.

Last edited:

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
The ego-t (rebranded as tornado tank from TW) isn't really known for producing stellar flavor. I ran the ego-t for several months and always used very strong flavors in it to compensate for the fact it mutes flavors.

The ego-t does produce a whole lot of vapor. No one can deny that, for sure. The ego mega attys also produce a lot of vapor.

I have also more or less abandoned my DCT tanks. The direction I went was to bottom feeders and a top feeder. I use high performance atomizers (the Cisco hh.357 and the Ikenvape i06) on my variable regulated voltage feeders and Csico 306 and Cisco 510 attys on my unregulated feeders. I'll also often put a 1.8 ohm boge carto on one of my unregulated feeders.

A really good introduction to bottom feeding can be had for very little money from Old Goat. An Ikenvape i06 1.8 ohm atty on an old goat is a small investment that will probably make a big difference in how you vape.

vegan

May 9, 2012
usa
I've been vaping almost 2 years, but there's still much to learn. Thanks to both of you for your responses.

I'm still a little confused.

Is going 6 volt getting something like a Provari?
The bottom feeder draws the liquid from a bottle?
What is the ego-t? Top feeder?

I'm looking for something I don't have to fill very often, since when I'm at work, I have zero time for a refill. The dripping method is not a practical method for me, I think.

You think the Old Goat unit and the Ikenvape i06 will make me happy?

Can I use a glass bottle instead of the plastic one in the old goat?

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I've been vaping almost 2 years, but there's still much to learn. Thanks to both of you for your responses.

I'm still a little confused.

Is going 6 volt getting something like a Provari?
The bottom feeder draws the liquid from a bottle?
What is the ego-t? Top feeder?

I'm looking for something I don't have to fill very often, since when I'm at work, I have zero time for a refill. The dripping method is not a practical method for me, I think.

You think the Old Goat unit and the Ikenvape i06 will make me happy?

Can I use a glass bottle instead of the plastic one in the old goat?

Going to 6.0v doesn't necessarily mean getting a variable voltage PV. It can be done with most 18650 sized tube mods by stacking a pair of 3.0v batteries in place of a single 3.7v 18650. Not many on ECF will recommend doing that these days because there have been at least two injury related accidents in the last few months involving stacking batteries that way. I'm personally not afraid of stacked batteries and often use a pair of 3.0v rcr123a batteries in my rough stack.

Yes. A bottom feeder has a bottle inside of it that you squeeze to feed juice to the atomizer through the bottom of the atomizer. The smallest ones hold 3 ml. The largest one I know of holds 10ml.

The ego-t is a tank system. It actually does feed juice through the top of the atomizer, but the ego-t, ego-c, and 510-t have their own classification.

Yes. Your desire to have some juice capacity plus your dislike for DCT tanks leads me to think the best option for you is a bottom feeder and a good atomizer.

No. A glass bottle won't work because the way you feed it is to squeeze the bottle. The only feeder mod I know of using a glass bottle is a top feeder - the VVPV. It happens to be one of my two favorite mods... but it's expensive. It is not a PV I'm willing to recommend to anyone who doesn't consider themselves to be an "Advanced User".

vegan

May 9, 2012
usa
The bottom feeders are great I imagine, but I guess even having to squeeze the bottle is more maintenance than I'm looking for.

I guess I'm looking for something that I can just dump multiple ml of fluid into and all I have to do is push the button and vape. Something simple but produces HQ vapor, no leaks. Do you think a VVV of some sort would do that for me? I guess you helped me narrow down what I want. I want a tank system with good vapor production. Is the problem that I'm using KGO/Ego (1000mah/650mah) batteries? Is the problem the Vision Ego Clearos, the DCTs?

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I don't think I have much of an answer. There are a couple of types of carto tanks - Ones that take single or dual coil filler cartos - and ones that use CE2s.

Both types have pros and cons. DCT tanks are more or less all about the same besides looks, and in a couple of cases, fill method. CE2 tanks -- well, CE2s can be great, but also can be one of the biggest hassles I've experienced in vaping. To use CE2s full time, I think it sort of requires a willingness to tinker with and modify the ones that aren't working the way you want them to.

I've personally given up on all things CE2 and CE2 styled - clearomizers, fluxomizers, e2, ce2, giantomizer, stardust, etc etc etc. I see a good review now and then and am occasionally tempted to try one of the newest versions of these things. There's a pbusardo rant and review that really kind of says a lot about this style of cartomizer. It's worth a look.

While I do appreciate regulated voltage, I don't think your batteries are the problem. Even though I own fancier gear, I often have an ego or ego clone in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread