• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

2.5ml Carts and cartos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
WTG Stu!

Caught the show after it aired. I just can't sit and wait (time zones etc...) vape too much LOL. Message was loud and clear. Thanks for taking one for the team.

Have you tried the reg 510 cartos on the eGo. I've been using some from IkenVape and I am quite please with them. They take a good ml of liquid and last a good while. I never actually timed them. Evry couple hours I top off with 8-10 just to keep 'em fresh One lasted me 3 days and got greasy on me, but I have another going on a week, and hasn't been cleaned yet. No burnt or "funky" taste like the KR8s. Performed an autopsy on the greasy one, and no scorch marks.

I have ferret away my cartos and will use them travelling long distance. I just like my eGo reg cart using the HP plug mod. BTW anything over an 80/20 mix in a carto will not flow well, you mentioned it on the show that you believe awesome vapor liquids were probably 80/20. I cut all my VG 20% with distilled water anyway. Good VP and wicks like PG.

BTW 2 demerits for foul language ;)

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Sorry switched, but the show isn't a "G" retaed show.. LOL..
TY for seeing it and yes I have used the 510 cartos.. Personally, I don't like them.. I don't care for the 808 cartos either.. Go figure..
Awesome Vapor has to be an 80%PG / 20%VG cause of the Vapor and the taste isn't like Dekangs.. Stronger in MO..
I want to try the LR Cartos and see how they are. I forget, wait, just remembered, BigBuyer (clouds of vapor) has them. They are 1.8/2.0 I believe..
I will get those if thats what they are from him unless Isaac has them too.
I like the LR Attys from Issac and mine have been 2.0 / 2.0 / 2.1 / 1.9.. on the last 4 I bought and still on he original one from him. Although I don't use everyday..
I am getting the new eGo with the USB cable that connects to the front so I can use that @ home and use my other 2 when I leave the house. I do need new ones.. Next Month..
Until later! vape On!

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
YouTube - capevette's Channel

The one's Capevette talks about came from ProVape but the construction is the same as the ones Isaac carries and they are SLBs. At present Isaac has only the 3Ohm ones but a birdie told me he is brining in some 2Ohms.

Wrt his atomisers I've heard nothing but good things about his SLBs. I'm not an LR junkie perse but one dude that uses his daily is going on a month with is LR 801. He ran out of 510s so I have to wait until he gets new stock in, as I wanna rock them on my eGo. However, I have used the remaining SLBs he stocks in 801 and 510, I was always partial to the SLBs, they do not run as hot and always had a place in my arsenal.

I am tempted with the PT from Janty, the reason I am only tempted is that I haven't use a PT in months. I have 3 (E9, 801 & 510) that are gathering dust. Then again the temptation leads to the fact my other PTs are not eGos, which is my main device. As you know nothing vapes like an eGo.

All things being equal, that is not a bad price for the PT at $29.99

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Hi Marya,
It starts to leak from the get go.. You can't get around it, at least I can't.. They are supposed to be 2.5ml of liquid to be put in. Even if u do 1.8, they will leak from the 1st 1/2ml on up..
Now I refilled for a 3rd time the carto this morning and its just sitting there waiting for me to use it.
But it doesn't matter how much you put in.
It will leak.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
What I am more than a little upset about is - Janty knew about this and decided to jump on the band wagon regardless. In doing so, they lost a hockey sock full of points in my books. I'm a funny character, what can I say. IMHO the were Joneseing nothing more. We are Beta testing them, and improvements will be made, so we have been told by Mik. I do hope for everyones sake that the minor flaws are minor and folks will not loose confidence in the product, because if they do, it is as sure as dead.

The eGo is the eGo, don't mess with somehing that works if it doesn't need fixing. The air flow needs to be drawn in from the top, the new system has moved away from that, hence why I never bothered to jump on the hype wagon. The new system is nothing more than a kissbox with a better battery IMMHO.

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
You must remember that Janty had nothing to do with the attys/cartos for the eGo. Joye took it upon themselves to go and make these. As Mik said, they are only selling them due to the fact everyone and their mothers are doing the same. I will still wait for the Tesla as that will come out. Janty,in MHO, is wanting and waiting for these from Joye to fail. Then they will get out the Tesla and show Joye what good products (if thats what they turn out to be) are really like.
Like the saying goes.. Mess with the Bull, you get the Horns.. You know where too. LMAO..

PS ~ I want to know where the eGo rings are? Others have them with the attys/cartos and the eGo (Janty's) case's.. But Janty doesn't have them?? Hmmm.

theopold

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
San Jose, CA
Just wanted to chime in here...I'm not a carto guy but I did pick up one of the mega atty's recently. I'm pretty much an LR guy so the only reason I picked it up was to experiment with some of Trop Bob's previous "alkaloid" mods using the wider diameter on these units.

So...I've tried a few different variations, including a more straightforward usage, and I'm less than impressed at the moment. Even using standard filler, the atty seems to drown quite easily. And, surprise! When you go to clean it after accidental drowning, you can't just blow and wipe the threads as per a standard atty because it's recessed!! I ended up having to shake it over the sink to get the excess fluid out, which works, but it's certainly more cumbersome.

Another minor point, I also notice that the mouthpiece is typically covered with fluid when I remove it from the atty body. Oh, and it's the first time I've used this type of tip and, being ...., I'm always trying to line the flat tip up with the battery button but that's probably just me :p Vapor and flavor don't seem to be amazing but then again it's relatively new and, as mentioned, I'm an LR guy. I'll play with it a little more over the weekend and see if anything changes/improves. Oh, one other thing, the standard filler seems to periodically "catch" on the atty when removing the tip. Not necessarily a major deal but I've never had this happen on any other atty I've used up to this point...

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
You must remember that Janty had nothing to do with the attys/cartos for the eGo. Joye took it upon themselves to go and make these. As Mik said, they are only selling them due to the fact everyone and their mothers are doing the same. I will still wait for the Tesla as that will come out. Janty,in MHO, is wanting and waiting for these from Joye to fail. Then they will get out the Tesla and show Joye what good products (if thats what they turn out to be) are really like.
Like the saying goes.. Mess with the Bull, you get the Horns.. You know where too. LMAO..

PS ~ I want to know where the eGo rings are? Others have them with the attys/cartos and the eGo (Janty's) case's.. But Janty doesn't have them?? Hmmm.
I knew that Stu, perhaps what should have been done is, oh yeah. I see your mega cartos/attys etc... and raise you the proper product. But then again that is easier said than done.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Just wanted to chime in here...I'm not a carto guy but I did pick up one of the mega atty's recently. I'm pretty much an LR guy so the only reason I picked it up was to experiment with some of Trop Bob's previous "alkaloid" mods using the wider diameter on these units.

So...I've tried a few different variations, including a more straightforward usage, and I'm less than impressed at the moment. Even using standard filler, the atty seems to drown quite easily. And, surprise! When you go to clean it after accidental drowning, you can't just blow and wipe the threads as per a standard atty because it's recessed!! I ended up having to shake it over the sink to get the excess fluid out, which works, but it's certainly more cumbersome.

Another minor point, I also notice that the mouthpiece is typically covered with fluid when I remove it from the atty body. Oh, and it's the first time I've used this type of tip and, being ...., I'm always trying to line the flat tip up with the battery button but that's probably just me :p Vapor and flavor don't seem to be amazing but then again it's relatively new and, as mentioned, I'm an LR guy. I'll play with it a little more over the weekend and see if anything changes/improves. Oh, one other thing, the standard filler seems to periodically "catch" on the atty when removing the tip. Not necessarily a major deal but I've never had this happen on any other atty I've used up to this point...
Let's hope its just requires some extra break in time, although I don't think so.

Wrt things lining up, I guess I am .... too when it comes to that. I do not want to get into hand acrobatics to vape. I use flat tips the majority of the time, and this is where a bottom button shines. It is always where it needs to be. Or the Chameleon adapter style that allows perfect lining up :)

I never liked the design form the onset of the product being seen for the first time. I saw right through them (no I am not special), my speculations are coming forth in the form of feedback.

The thing that burns my ...., is that yes they were created by JoyE but Janty decided to stock 'em, knowing full well they didn't work as advertised. What happened to integrity?

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Ah, hence to word, Integrity.
I believe if you bite the hand that feeds you, you won't get feed, right?
Why would Janty not sell them? If they didn't, Joye might give them a problem when it comes to have things made for them..(Janty).
Its the old saying, one hand washes the other, scratch my back, I'll scratch yours..
Its not like Janty can go to another maker and get the same quality like from Joye, could they?

This is why I NEVER bought the atty in what I seen from them being so big and the pricing was way to high too.

marya1144

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2009
N.E. Of Atlanta
I am so bummed out over the cartomizers... A leak is a leak is a leak... I will be trying my first 1 this afternoon. Already I'm kicking self for ordering 5. :facepalm: aaahhhh! Thank stu and everyone ... I'll let you know. Maybe I got "magic" ego nonleaking cartomizers... nahhh... But I still like the eGo:)
What????" PS ~ I want to know where the eGo rings are?" Not more money to put out??? What are they?

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Lucky u marya..
I just filled my 2nd one and with a 50/50 juice. I will say this, kinda looked like I was useing 100%VG and not a 50/50 mix.. Still leaked and I only put in 1.5ml's of liquid. Took my time and I took 30 minutes to put the liquid in this one, just hoping not to get any leaks..
Well, guess what.. LEAKS!!
I am NOT happy about the leaks.. Not one bit and this just upsets me to no return. I don't care for these cause they leak.. I will be back after 2 or so hrs to see how they perform!
Later..

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Well it seems it is hit and miss across the boards. Some folks are lucky and some are not.

I am glad these things perform for those they are performing for, but can't help being upset in product performance for those who anticipated their release only to be met with disappointment.

Found a treasure this morning - E-Cigarette Forum

Ctrl F8

Jan 28, 2010
So. California
I got a five-pack the other day. I have attempted to fill three and they all leak after about 1.75 ML. They even leak after a second fill, where the poly is already damp. After injecting the first one, I let the liquid drip in through the needle...still leaks.

One of them was dead after a few puffs.

Joye made some really poor quality cartomizers and over-stated their capacity.

On the plus side, I don't have to ever refill carts while I'm driving.

Sigh. I'm going to try the mega atomizers/carts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread