Status
Not open for further replies.

Huuwap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2012
Idaho
www.huuwap.me
This is actually kind of a 2 part question. I find that unless my juice is mostly VG, I get drips that just won't stop out of my 510 atomizers. I de-bridged both of my 510 attys and didn't drip a whole lot before I de-bridged them, so I'm not sure if I'd get the same leaking problem if the bridge and mesh were still attached.

So, first question. When I removed the bridge from my atomizers, the wick came with it. Now I didn't necessarily try to get the wick out, it just kind of happened. One of my theories is that this is one of the main causes of my flooding problems because there really isn't anything there to keep juice in contact with the coil. Should there be a wick in a de-bridged atomizer?

Second question. What type of atty do you prefer, and what threading?

What I'm hoping to build here is a bit of a resource for noobs like me. I've done some searching for an answer here and nothing has really answered the wick question for me. Maybe it's one of those common sense things that comes with experience...but I don't have the experience with dripping yet, and unfortunately I don't have a tree full of $1 bills in my back yard, though I'm working on it.

Here's a pic of my bridgeless atty, just in case there's something noticeably wrong about it.

bridgelessatty.jpg

Thanks guys.

Robby

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2011
Hamlin, PA
Hey Cookdog,

I've debridged every atty I own except the latest one that I'm using now. The answer is definitely Yes..without the meshy bridge and the wick the liquid has more time to get past the coil without being vaped. I have no issues with my current 510 atty leaking but it is stock. Once the atty starts to wind down in vapor production I debridge/dewick it for easier cleaning of the coil and to get some more time out of that atty...thats when i start to see some leaking issues.
I only use regular resistance 510's...had some issues with LR ones..fried some circuits and whatnot...tried the 306's but didnt care for the driptip over atty setup. Best of luck to ya

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Just out of curiosity, let us know a little more as to what pv you are using and what resistance your atty's are?

For me in particular, I have switched over to 306 atty's almost exclusively. I use LR 1.5ohm on either a 3.7v 14500 box bod or a 650mah eGo. I do find on occasion that if I am not paying particular attention and drip 3-4 drops at a time I get some leaking. I do try to drip only 2 drops at a time 99% of the time, (this gives me on avg 6-8 pulls at a time), and have no problems at all. If I know I am going to vape consistent for a few minutes I will sometimes drip 3 drops, but I make sure I don't set it down till they are mostly vaped up. I find that leaking occurs when I don't vape it close to dry. I go through 3-5ml of juice per day which I think is average. I do have some bridgeless atty's, both 306 and 510, and have found they are inconsistent for my vaping style. I did pick up a tip in one of the threads I read a while back and that was to blow out your atty at least once a day to get a more consistent vape from them. This seems to have worked pretty good for me. But as I have learned, what is good for some is not always good for me.....

Huuwap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2012
Idaho
www.huuwap.me
Both of my attys come in right around 1.8ohms (measured) and I'm using a KGO 3.7v 1100mAh battery and a ProVari. On the ProVari, I tend to stick right around 4v. That would change if I had an SR atty, and I may pick one up in the future but I don't have one on hand at the moment.

Most of my leaking occurs while vaping. I can drip 2 - 3 drops in and get 4 or 5 drags max, and that 4th usually has an off taste and 5 is straight up atty. I think what is happening is that since I'm not getting anything, I'm dripping ore even though there is juice welling up under the coil...eventually it just pushes it out.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Yes, I have found the same, (welling up), thing and that is where the tip I read helped me out a lot. I did notice on the bridgeless atty's I had more welling as you described though. I would assume that is just because it is not bridged therefore there was nothing there to ease the juice from getting to the coil....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread