eGo,Riva,tornado,Maxx? How did I make my Choice? Ask me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
** I say T-Rex rather than Absolute MaxX, because of shipping costs from U.S. supplier like eSmokerOnline vs. a China supplier like AbsolutelyEcigs.

Shipping is fixed for Absolutelyecigs. Meaning that you can order a (few) Maxx and tons of other stuff like atties, batts, liquids and carts and shipping is still $15.

Esmokeronline charges $5.95 for orders under $75 and free shipping for orders above $75. There are no parts sold separately on this site. There are no color choices. There is also a conspicuous t-rex logo on the batts that i don't like. Not to mention that 510 atties go for $10 each on their site vs $5.80 each on Absolutelyecigs. 3 Maxx batteries is $49.

They sell the kit for $70 and almost $6 for shipping. One to one, you still save $3 on a Maxx. But c'mon, please don't buy from China if you just wanna buy one kit. Do yourself a favor and at least get some liquid or atties. The 15 bucks becomes rather insignificant.

I may very well be biased as i got myself a Maxx and i buy exclusively from China all the time.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
If your hope* turns out to be reality, the Hello 016 seems the only way to go.
* That is, not only the advertised 1300 mAh, but also a true 3.7V (starting at 4.2V fully charged).
Otherwise, I will continue to be torn between the true 3.7V T-Rex** and the 1300 mAh Hello 016. [The new 1000 mAh Tornado batts are too little, too late.]
** I say T-Rex rather than Absolute MaxX, because of shipping costs from U.S. supplier like eSmokerOnline vs. a China supplier like AbsolutelyEcigs.
Please let us know the reality.
I don't think there is much of a difference, the MaxX may actually be cheaper @ $73 shipped.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
as a side note.....esmokeronline stopped selling the t-rex...said there is some defect with the unit and they wont be selling them til adressed (see the esmokeronline subforum, trex thread for confirmation)....hope that the maxx doesn't have these same issues

I hope i am sounding impartial here as much as i can. These are what i've gathered:

1) They announced that they will sell it about a month ago. Said that they tested it and its as great as the ego in terms of performance. Then said it has better buttons.

2) Then they said they are not selling it all of a sudden after having it in stock for a few days. The thread that says it is "extinct" was then deleted by the forum supplier. There was no mention on what the defect is. Are they still gonna sell it or not is anyone's guess.

3) They probably only have a couple of units considering that there are no spare parts available, no colors available etc. They most likely have not sold a single unit since there was no mention of returns/replacements/refunds for purchased units.

My conclusion is that there are too many such models in the market now and the Maxx is already selling at $58, making their prices and bottom line expectations not too attractive anymore. Hence, they'll probably use the few units they have themselves.

Otherwise, i expect them to reveal the defect and i'll test it myself tomorrow when i receive mine to see if its true! Anyway, i'll test mine (unless anyone beats me to it) and let you guys know if this is true or just BS.

Of course, this is all assuming that the Maxx and Trex is the same model. Note that the Maxx does not have the dragon logo on their black batteries.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
I hope i am sounding impartial here as much as i can. These are what i've gathered:

1) They announced that they will sell it about a month ago. Said that they tested it and its as great as the ego in terms of performance. Then said it has better buttons.

2) Then they said they are not selling it all of a sudden after having it in stock for a few days. The thread that says it is "extinct" was then deleted by the forum supplier. There was no mention on what the defect is. Are they still gonna sell it or not is anyone's guess.

3) They probably only have a couple of units considering that there are no spare parts available, no colors available etc. They most likely have not sold a single unit since there was no mention of returns/replacements/refunds for purchased units.

My conclusion is that there are too many such models in the market now and the Maxx is already selling at $58, making their prices and bottom line expectations not too attractive anymore. Hence, they'll probably use the few units they have themselves.

Otherwise, i expect them to reveal the defect and i'll test it myself tomorrow when i receive mine to see if its true! Anyway, i'll test mine (unless anyone beats me to it) and let you guys know if this is true or just BS.

Of course, this is all assuming that the Maxx and Trex is the same model. Note that the Maxx does not have the dragon logo on their black batteries.
right I'm hoping that the maxx and the Trex have different QC standards depending on vendor...
I don't like the vague "there are some defects" line we got...without saying what these defects are...
oh and that thread is not dead...it's here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/esmokeronline/92061-t-rex-not-extinct-new-e-cig.html ...
I'm not being partial...I really liked the look of this product...I'd like to know what defects or issues esmokeronline found with this product

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Got my Maxx today!

This is very very very good!

Everything is fine and there is no signs of any defects whatsoever!

I've just started to use it so i'm gonna give it a day or two before i do a review. So far, the performance is excellent and i hope the atomisers lasts longer than the Joye ones. The Joye ones are crap imo.

Ok..back to vaping my new toy!!

Attachments

• DSCN1708.jpg
    DSCN1708.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 52

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Got my Maxx today!

This is very very very good!

Everything is fine and there is no signs of any defects whatsoever!

I've just started to use it so i'm gonna give it a day or two before i do a review. So far, the performance is excellent and i hope the atomisers lasts longer than the Joye ones. The Joye ones are crap imo.

Ok..back to vaping my new toy!!

I'm assuming that the pic is with a light eGo/tornado and the black is the Maxx - which unless it's just shadows looks a bit fatter in the battery. I'm wondering if the cones are interchangeable - also whether they both fit the same chargers - so that if someone who already has an ego/tornado can buy the maxx batt and have everything fit.

The 900mAh that I have coming from Heaven Gifts is the same diameter and the cone and charger fits the kit batts. It's the same diameter but only 13mm longer.

We'll have to disagree on the Joye attys. It's the SLBs that I have had that, I think, because of the lack of the metal mesh base doesn't keep the coil wet enough resulting - in some - a real nasty 'dry atty' taste that unless you're constantly dripping can be a problem. Some of the more recent ones have added some mesh and lost the washer and they are a bit better.

Last edited:

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
I'm assuming that the pic is with a light eGo/tornado and the black is the Maxx - which unless it's just shadows looks a bit fatter in the battery. I'm wondering if the cones are interchangeable - also whether they both fit the same chargers - so that if someone who already has an ego/tornado can buy the maxx batt and have everything fit.

We'll have to disagree on the Joye attys. It's the SLBs that I have had that, I think, because of the lack of the metal mesh base doesn't keep the coil wet enough resulting - in some - a real nasty 'dry atty' taste that unless you're constantly dripping can be a problem. Some of the more recent ones have added some mesh and lost the washer and they are a bit better.

Both are Maxx. I do not own an ego or any version of it. I find it ridiculous that i have to play by joye/janty rules. They fix supplier prices, does not allow suppliers to ship to certain countries etc. I got myself two kits, different colors. Best part is, NO logos, which is the way i like it!

I respect your views on the joye atties. Its just that my personal experience with them was a main reason why i stayed away from the 510 all this while. I like the Maxx very much so i guess i'll be on the hunt for 510 stuff from now on. Absolutelyecigs sells their 510 atties at $5.80 a piece so its cheap enough for me even if they really do not last that long. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Fedor:Both are Maxx. I do not own an ego or any version of it.

Hmmm. eGo size is 73mm and 15mm diameter. Guess we'll have to wait for someone who has both. Guessing now that they're likely the same. It was the shading of the black one that threw me.

I find it ridiculous that i have to play by joye/janty rules.

Only suppliers have to play by those rules. Comsumers not so much since there is usually a designated vendor and that gets widened after initial release it seems - happened that way with the eGos and the mega stuff.

They fix supplier prices, does not allow suppliers to ship to certain countries etc. I got myself two kits, different colors. Best part is, NO logos, which is the way i like it!

I respect your views on the joye atties. Its just that my personal experience with them was a main reason why i stayed away from the 510 all this while.

Understood.

I like the Maxx very much so i guess i'll be on the hunt for 510 stuff from now on. Absolutelyecigs sells their 510 atties at $5.80 a piece so its cheap enough for me even if they really do not last that long. Keeping my fingers crossed.

The ones I've gotten bulk at HG haven't failed me in 11 months. Burnt out 2 on a 5 volt on the same day!! but that was pilot error ;-) I get them for $4.59 each on an order of 20 with the gold and bulk discount so even with the shipping it's still the best deal I can get. While there is some 'free shipping' in the US, not all US vendors offer that and when people (not you) complain about China shipping, many times they don't mention the $5-7-10 that some vendors charge here.

mvc

Jan 26, 2010
Canada
Got my Maxx today - unbelievable shipping speed - ordered it 5 days ago and its here!!!. :mail:
Too bad there are no carts with it and stupid me, did not order any - since all my stuff is m401, now my only option is dripping...
So far both batts seem to be working fine, taste is still like a brand new atty - needs some time to adjust.
Anyway, very happy and vaping on it now with factory charge.
Will check it for a day or two and will add to what Fedor has to say about it.

Fedor, maybe it might be a good idea to start a new thread since this one got a bit big now...
Anyway, see ya later!

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Got my Maxx today - unbelievable shipping speed - ordered it 5 days ago and its here!!!. :mail:
Too bad there are no carts with it and stupid me, did not order any - since all my stuff is m401, now my only option is dripping...
So far both batts seem to be working fine, taste is still like a brand new atty - needs some time to adjust.
Anyway, very happy and vaping on it now with factory charge.
Will check it for a day or two and will add to what Fedor has to say about it.

Fedor, maybe it might be a good idea to start a new thread since this one got a bit big now...
Anyway, see ya later!

Get back to us with some reviews. Go ahead and start a new thread if you wish. I would like to see what you think. I think the Maxx is not getting the recognition it deserves.

Even if the voltage is not as high as 4.2V, its the same with other batts nevertheless. People are talking as if its worse but its still the same. No one mentions that the buttons are a great improvements and it actually looks better than other versions. Not to mention it performs very well and is much more affordable!

Sigh..

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I just got the Hello 016 1300mah kit for 50.00. It works great and I vaped it heavy for over 12 hours and it still had a charge! It looks alot like the ego only slightly larger with twice the mah. The only drawback is the cone is attached to the atty and they cost two dollars more than standard 510 but you can use any standard 510 Atty or cartomizer without the cone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread