eGo,Riva,tornado,Maxx? How did I make my Choice? Ask me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
just a FYI that there's another new model to add to the pile. no wonder so many people are confused about which model to get! ;) The T-Rex from esmokeronline.

looks like the size and shape is comparable to the eGo, same 650maH batt and compatible with 510s. the only difference is that the button is metal and instead of it lighting up, there's a lighted ring right below the button.

Its exactly the same as the Maxx or the Maxx is exactly the same as this. Anyway, they are the same.

Still does not change the comparisons that i made. I would have still made the same decision. Good to know though.

jiff

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2009
Arizona
You helped with my decision.. I was gonna go with the helo 16 until this thread and another thread.. Now I'm set on the Maxx. Not gonna get a starter kit though, I'll be doing the bulk manual batt (3) set, one cone, and a charger. Just a few dollars more than the starter kit, and I get 3 batts instead of 2, and since I have plenty of 510 attys, I didn't need that anyway.

Thanks fedor.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
You helped with my decision.. I was gonna go with the helo 16 until this thread and another thread.. Now I'm set on the Maxx. Not gonna get a starter kit though, I'll be doing the bulk manual batt (3) set, one cone, and a charger. Just a few dollars more than the starter kit, and I get 3 batts instead of 2, and since I have plenty of 510 attys, I didn't need that anyway.

Thanks fedor.

Welcome to the club. We'll just have to wait now...:toast:

Jimbo52

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Chicago
Just to throw in my 2 cents, my new 'Go To' device is the Tornado/Ego + a Low Resistance atty and a Drip Tip. I haven't touched my 306, 401, or regular 510 in months (the 510 is what got me off analogs in the first place). I use my V2 and a VP Pass-through with regular 510 attys only when I'm home. This is one amazing improvement in vaping!

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
I'm gonna wait till my Maxx arrives and see how i like the size of the battery. If i can accept something larger, i may go for the 900mAh batts but i've a feeling i like the length just around the M401 and nothing longer/bigger.

oh don't get me wrong I like the maxx for the stainless button...(kinda like the light ring, but undecided on that)....I'll probably order parts for it myself...but having a few eGo already....I'm going to try out the 900mAh first as well because well I can get em in blue and green as well..

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
oh don't get me wrong I like the maxx for the stainless button...(kinda like the light ring, but undecided on that)....I'll probably order parts for it myself...but having a few eGo already....I'm going to try out the 900mAh first as well because well I can get em in blue and green as well..

I'm also thinking that if both go to peak 3.7v (don't really believe the 4.2v thing ;-) that the Maxx may be the best on size/weight. The extra few hours isn't a thing with me but it would be for some. With the Helo, it's bad enough that the batteries on the RivaTorneGoMaxx is already proprietary but then to add the 'cone/atty' is a bit much, imo, unless the eGo cone fits the Helo..... I'm guessing it doesn't but don't know.

BTW, I agree with you (and Scottbee) on the cone:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/70038-janty-ego-tip-better-vapor.html#post1036681

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Right now the eGo/Tornado is the right weight and balance it seems.

C'mon Kent, make me feel like i belong here..LOL. Can't you phrase it to ego/tornado/Maxx? :laugh::thumbs:

No worries Drozd, Good that you brought it to our attention too. I am interested in longer battery life like everyone else. Just don't want to end up with a huge battery. The Riva is 1cm longer due to the extra 100mAh. I already feel that its too big for me. I am guessing the 900mAh will be larger. Just feel that i don't want anything longer than an M401. Others may feel differently so its still great news.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
I'm also thinking that if both go to peak 3.7v (don't really believe the 4.2v thing ;-) that the Maxx may be the best on size/weight. The extra few hours isn't a thing with me but it would be for some. With the Helo, it's bad enough that the batteries on the RivaTorneGoMaxx is already proprietary but then to add the 'cone/atty' is a bit much, imo, unless the eGo cone fits the Helo..... I'm guessing it doesn't but don't know.

BTW, I agree with you (and Scottbee) on the cone:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/70038-janty-ego-tip-better-vapor.html#post1036681

Cool...yeah I forgot that it's looking like that maxx will output at 3.7V versus the ego 3.1...
but yeah the hello...the cone is glued to the atty so it doesnt thread onto the battery...someone coined the term conimizer already...lol...so yeah they're proprietary of course you could use a standard 510 but you lose the look and use of the cone

No worries Drozd, Good that you brought it to our attention too. I am interested in longer battery life like everyone else. Just don't want to end up with a huge battery. The Riva is 1cm longer due to the extra 100mAh. I already feel that its too big for me. I am guessing the 900mAh will be larger. Just feel that i don't want anything longer than an M401. Others may feel differently so its still great news.

yeah the 900mah battery is like 13mm longer than the standard eGo..the regular one does look bigger than it is, really...it kinda has the feel in the hand of say a half smoked cigar as far as length and width...
if you missed it earlier though...knowing that you like the m4XX series atties....you can always adapter the thing and use a 401 on it or even the joye 306 (same threading as a 510 but with a bride/atty style more like the mseries)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Drozd:Cool...yeah I forgot that it's looking like that maxx will output at 3.7V versus the ego 3.1...
but yeah the hello...the cone is glued to the atty so it doesnt thread onto the battery...someone coined the term conimizer already...lol..

Better than attycone ;-)

.so yeah they're proprietary of course you could use a standard 510 but you lose the look and use of the cone

Yep and the advantage ;-)

yeah the 900mah battery is like 13mm longer than the standard eGo..the regular one does look bigger than it is, really...

Yep. Reminds me of the Janty Stick when I got one. The vids make it look bigger. And I saw that the diameter of the 900mAh is the same - that's promising, imo as is the weight - like. .1 oz + more. That might be the ticket, .... again if peak voltage.

sanfordf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2010
Northern San Diego county

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Can anyone confirm that maxx is outputting 3.7v. Don't want to buy yet another 3.2v and will you get better vape at 3.7? In other words is it better than ego battery?

I'm afraid someone besides me will have to verify this. I've yet to receive mine and even when i do, i do not know and do not have the tools to find out. I'd like to know as well though.

But the stainless steel button and LED ring is a good enough reason for me to get the Maxx batteries compared to the others.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
It's the shipping costs that are killing me! $15.00!
Damn

I agree but its pretty cheap compared to other Chinese shipping costs. I've mentioned several times that when i order, i make it count and the shipping costs becomes pretty insignificant. For instance, if you add the 260ml liquid for $66 to the order in addition to the Maxx, it makes a world of difference.

If not, just stock up on atties or blank carts. My 2 cents as this works for me but may not for others.

sheep

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver, BC
I'm afraid someone besides me will have to verify this. I've yet to receive mine and even when i do, i do not know and do not have the tools to find out. I'd like to know as well though.

But the stainless steel button and LED ring is a good enough reason for me to get the Maxx batteries compared to the others.

Lol, yup, me too. The led ring is what sold me too! Next time I get a new batt I think I'll try the Maxx. I'm assuming they will charge okay on an eGo fast charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread