• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

eGo Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelemvor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2009
Germany NRW
cheap because everythings needed is already at hand.

i posted this as an optinal idea on scottyballs 1st springmod ACP or what he called it.

it uses the rubber sealing the 510 carts and a piece of the filler material only. making a non-metal spring like modification. i think i can spare me any more words:

main.php

main.php
main.php

main.php

no one looses anything trying it out, and some may find it helpful ;)

the plug can be of this other materials mentioned all over the board and, everyone needs to fiddle a bit to find the right size for their plug themselves.

Jimi Mack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Long Island
This not a mod but it has been paying off for me over the last couple of days. I had picked up a couple of the mega atty's and carts and have found a decent extended time between having to top off a cart. Carts work for me being I spend a lot of my day in the car working and dripping does not work well while driving here in NY. Just hoping Janty adds the mega's to their lineup with that great 6 month warranty.

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
This not a mod but it has been paying off for me over the last couple of days. I had picked up a couple of the mega atty's and carts and have found a decent extended time between having to top off a cart. Carts work for me being I spend a lot of my day in the car working and dripping does not work well while driving here in NY. Just hoping Janty adds the mega's to their lineup with that great 6 month warranty.

Now why do you say its NOT a mod? If you change anything to a PV, Cart or whatever, its a mod.
Youy are modifying that particuler object, no?

Jimi Mack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Long Island
Stu, I would not classify it as a mod... I just merely put a mega atty and cart on what would have gone with any 510 any way. Put I do have to admit it has given me longer time between top offs and that alone I thought was worth a mention. Now if I rip open the battery and alter something I would call it a mod, I am also presently working with using an 801 atty on the eGo. I will report more on this as I gain a little more data on how it is working out.

Jimi Mack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Long Island
OK here is my thought about using an 801 on the eGo... I hate it. It is not the eGo part that is not making this work for me it is the 801. I find the 801 to have a draw I find just too loose and I really hate the mouth piece on an 801. I have 510 flat tips and love the hell out but the 801's do not work for me. I thought I try this to see if a larger cart would make my day easier, it just does not with an 801. I get a better result out of the 510 mega atty and cart. With the 510 I feel I get a much better TH, vapor and the whole overall experience is better than an 801.

Now all this proves is that an 801 is not for me. If any of you have better experiences with an 801, I would suggest to just get the adapter, a spare eGo cone and cut it down to give it a try. Wish you all the best and please tell me if you do something different with an 801 with better results and I may try it again.

Now knowing this... I am not as excited for the Baby J as I have been over the last few weeks. But if I know me, I will get the Baby J and just put a 510 atty on it... Yeah thats the ticket.

Last edited:

les017

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2010
Hacienda Heights, CA
This is not engineered in any way, I just kinda did it. I am calling it the Vapor Tunnel Mod.

I use the eGo Mega Cylinder atty/cart for convenience when dripping is not practical, like when driving. But compared to drip tip and LR 510 atty I find the vapor and flavor to be lacking. I always get plenty of nicotine but everything else seems muted. So I wondered if maybe the Mega filler was filtering the actual vapor.

So I took a coffee stir straw and cut it to 1/16" less than the depth of the empty Mega Cart. Removed filler and worked the straw up thru the middle, similar to how a KR808 Carto has.

So far I see immediate improvement. maybe 50% on vapor exhale and 30% on flavor, and no leaks or drips yet either. Still nothing like vaping LR 510 atty, but better But I have a few of the new LR Mega attys on order as well...maybe that'll do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread