• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New eGo T-TANK and Cartridges!! Pls talk about them here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
Got my tank yesterday.
Wow!! What a mess I made.:facepalm::facepalm:...I didn't do any research on filling these, and I tried to fill it like a mega carto. From the wrong end..:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

juice was coming out from the sides and everything.:facepalm:

Once I figured out how to fill them the right way, everything was awesome.
I love this thing. No mess, and most important, no mouth full of juice.

I give it an 11 out of 10.:)

This made me laugh. You gave them a very high rating, consider you started off with such a mess :)

Paula

Cheeseburgermonger

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
USA
I love the Joye Ego-T. I've had it for over two weeks. For my complete rant, see my blog. (There's a link in the mini-profile to the left of this post.)

It cleaned easily. It takes little time to prime. It hits like a champ. I use super-thick VG, and it works just fine. All of my juices are light, by the way.

I used to drip with the Boge Leo, and it took a good 40 minutes to get the thing to prime up. Leaky ......., it was.

The Ego-T is the single best ecig I've ever owned. It is the fourth in a long line of previously disappointing products. Good, because I was about to chuck the whole idea of vaping, altogether. It doesn't leak. The battery lasts me for two days of heavy vaping.

I've had dry hits, but I found that was when I was just compulsively vaping too much. I've pulled the guts out of my mouthpiece for better airflow, and that has helped immensely.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Been using version 2 for 2 weeks now. Burned up 1 atty after a week. Since then nothing but smooth sailing. Better way to rate this. Did you buy anymore after your first one? I have now bought 5 attys and gave one a way to a friend. I need to get over on the selling site and sell my 3 bottom feeders I have. These things just plain work. Fill up the tank every 6 or 7 hours nothing else to do to this setup.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Got mine yesterday and at first I thought meh...

Preperation

I got rid of the God awful smelly primer by blowing it out. I then added 3 drops of PG directly to the coil by dripping on the side into the slit, and vaped away, yuck. When it got a little on the dry side, I dropped a couple of drops directly onto the "piercer" and once again vaped it. The primer was vaped through :thumbs:

Took a fresh cart and inserted it in atty to pierce atty, and spun it one revolution. Filled a tank using syringe and added 3 drops from battery hole. I then placed the tank on the atty and vaped away. 2-3 drags brought the flavour around.

Flavour was nothing to write home about nor was the TH albeit the vapour production was great, and the atty would not provide 3 successive hits, 2.5 at best. An hour into though, oh la la, it started performing and this thing is blowing me away. The litmus test 5 successive hits without giving up the beat. Very good taste, great vapour and decent TH. I tank lasts em the best part of 3 hrs. This was on a fresh 900 eGo batt (brand new).

I'm using my own RY4 which is 100% VG diluted by 20% with distilled H2O. I am impressed but only if these things will last. No leaks or foul taste after initial work through. Black carts are also said to be better, that is what I acquired so I do not know.

Last edited:

alldayvape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Maryland
Got mine yesterday and at first I thought meh...

Preperation

I got rid of the God awful smelly primer by blowing it out. I then added 3 drops of PG directly to the coil by dripping on the side into the slit, and vaped away, yuck. When it got a little on the dry side, I dropped a couple of drops directly onto the "piercer" and once again vaped it. The primer was vaped through :thumbs:

Took a fresh cart and inserted it in atty to pierce atty, and spun it one revolution. Filled a tank using syringe and added 3 drops from battery hole. I then placed the tank on the atty and vaped away. 2-3 drags brought the flavour around.

Flavour was nothing to write home about nor was the TH albeit the vapour production was great, and the atty would not provide 3 successive hits, 2.5 at best. An hour into though, oh la la, it started performing and this thing is blowing me away. The litmus test 5 successive hits without giving up the beat. Very good taste, great vapour and decent TH. I tank lasts em the best part of 3 hrs. This was on a fresh 900 eGo batt (brand new).

I'm using my own RY4 which is 100% VG diluted by 20% with distilled H2O. I am impressed but only if these things will last. No leaks or foul taste after initial work through. Black carts are also said to be better, that is what I acquired so I do not know.

IMO you shouldn't give a review after 1 day. Mine performed PERFECT... for 3-4 days. Then the atty problems start. Burnt taste, flooding, loss of taste, hard draw. The whole shazamm.

I've bought a total of 6 spare atty's, with the two that came with the kit, I had 8 attys. I'm down to 4. I purchased the unit Feb.8. The first two attys I probably shouldn't have thrown away, but I could not get a decent draw out of one (even after blowing all the juice out), and the second lost all vapor production after cleaning. Again that was probably my fault.

Now, since then I've read hours worth of posts in regards to the Tank atomizer. I've read how to correctly clean them etc etc.

The next two attys, after being used for less than 24h, developed this NASTY burnt taste. Only remedy I found was to keep the coil wet, but I refuse to drop a couple of drops into the atomizer every 3minutes or so. Since then I read to push the wick further down, and that has helped a little, however, that has lead to flooding. Since I pushed down the wick those two atomizer both flood and go through a cartridge in record time. So there go two more attys.

Right now, I'm using a brand new atty, and everything is perfect. Good Draw, great vapor, great TH, & decent taste. But given my past experiences I know this won't last. I have lots of juice, so I'm trying to only us PG based juice to see if that helps, but again, some of my favorite juices are VG based.

I just don't know what to do anymore, $13 for an atomizer that works not even a whole day is ridiculous. Keep in mind I am a newb, however, I've spent countless hours on this forum, watching videos on youtube, watching VaporTV and ElixirTV and what not. A lot of other newbies will never even know about this forum, or read as much, simply because they don't have the time.

I did stop smoking analogs completely thanks to the eGO-Tank, or I should say thanks to my wife, but the constant atomizer problems made me spent more money to buy mods, different atomizers, connectors, direct drip tips. ETC ETC.

The tank is great to go out with if you pop in a new atomizer, but it can't be an all day PV. There are over 2,000 hits on google,on your website alone (ECF) when typing in " site:e-cigarette-forum.com burnt taste, ego t". That ought to tell the manufacturers something.

I am sorry this is so long, but I had to express my frustration about the burnt taste & flooding atomizer of the eGO-T.

*If it makes a difference I purchased my 5 pack of attys from Valley Vapor, 2 of which developed that burnt taste after less than 24hours of use. Supposedly, members of ECF who have purchased their attys from Cignot have not reported any problems. But again, I will have to spent $13 to find out myself.

I can't wait for my Infinity and ProVari to arrive, then I will save up some more money and buy a Reo.

All in all I'm happy I started vaping but feel a little let down about the quality of the atomizers.

Last edited:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
IMO you shouldn't give a review after 1 day. Mine performed PERFECT... for 3-4 days. Then the atty problems start. Burnt taste, flooding, loss of taste, hard draw. The whole shazamm.

I've bought a total of 6 spare atty's, with the two that came with the kit, I had 8 attys. I'm down to 4. I purchased the unit Feb.8. The first two attys I probably shouldn't have thrown away, but I could not get a decent draw out of one (even after blowing all the juice out), and the second lost all vapor production after cleaning. Again that was probably my fault.

Now, since then I've read hours worth of posts in regards to the Tank atomizer. I've read how to correctly clean them etc etc.

The next two attys, after being used for less than 24h, developed this NASTY burnt taste. Only remedy I found was to keep the coil wet, but I refuse to drop a couple of drops into the atomizer every 3minutes or so. Since then I read to push the wick further down, and that has helped a little, however, that has lead to flooding. Since I pushed down the wick those two atomizer both flood and go through a cartridge in record time. So there go two more attys.

Right now, I'm using a brand new atty, and everything is perfect. Good Draw, great vapor, great TH, & decent taste. But given my past experiences I know this won't last. I have lots of juice, so I'm trying to only us PG based juice to see if that helps, but again, some of my favorite juices are VG based.

I just don't know what to do anymore, $13 for an atomizer that works not even a whole day is ridiculous. Keep in mind I am a newb, however, I've spent countless hours on this forum, watching videos on youtube, watching VaporTV and ElixirTV and what not. A lot of other newbies will never even know about this forum, or read as much, simply because they don't have the time.

I did stop smoking analogs completely thanks to the eGO-Tank, or I should say thanks to my wife, but the constant atomizer problems made me spent more money to buy mods, different atomizers, connectors, direct drip tips. ETC ETC.

The tank is great to go out with if you pop in a new atomizer, but it can't be an all day PV. There are over 2,000 hits on google,on your website alone (ECF) when typing in " site:e-cigarette-forum.com burnt taste, ego t". That ought to tell the manufacturers something.

I am sorry this is so long, but I had to express my frustration about the burnt taste & flooding atomizer of the eGO-T.

*If it makes a difference I purchased my 5 pack of attys from Valley Vapor, 2 of which developed that burnt taste after less than 24hours of use. Supposedly, members of ECF who have purchased their attys from Cignot have not reported any problems. But again, I will have to spent $13 to find out myself.

I can't wait for my Infinity and ProVari to arrive, then I will save up some more money and buy a Reo.

All in all I'm happy I started vaping but feel a little let down about the quality of the atomizers.

It is not a review and yes I am full aware of the problems some folks are having with the eGo T. You obviously may not know how I post nor my style or you would not have made the observation. I will report back my findings when the time comes.

When it comes to equipment, sometimes it is the equipment, most of the time some of the problems can be directly attributed to the user, and most often can lead to the liquid they are using.

alldayvape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Maryland
When it comes to equipment, sometimes it is the equipment, most of the time some of the problems can be directly attributed to the user, and most often can lead to the liquid they are using.

I'm not a rocket scientist but to fill up a tank & push into the atty leaves little room for errors. As far as juices are concerned, I agree that 100% VG clogs/floods the attys quicker than PG, which again sucks big time. But I know I'm not the only one experiencing the burnt atomizer taste. It probably all depends how much you vape as well. I vape ALL DAY, 20hours a day. If I were to only take a hit here and there and use 2ml of juice per day, I'm sure I'd be fine. But I go through 5-6ml a day, getting the same end result with all atomizers.

All in all I give the eGo-T a 7 out of 10

*I can't comment on how you post nor what your style is, but I was too raving how great the eGO-T was after 1 or 2 days.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I'm not a rocket scientist but to fill up a tank & push into the atty leaves little room for errors. As far as juices are concerned, I agree that 100% VG clogs/floods the attys quicker than PG, which again sucks big time. But I know I'm not the only one experiencing the burnt atomizer taste. It probably all depends how much you vape as well. I vape ALL DAY, 20hours a day. If I were to only take a hit here and there and use 2ml of juice per day, I'm sure I'd be fine. But I go through 5-6ml a day, getting the same end result with all atomizers.

All in all I give the eGo-T a 7 out of 10

*I can't comment on how you post nor what your style is, but I was too raving how great the eGO-T was after 1 or 2 days.

I vape 4-5ml a day. I have also read about the eGo T prior to acquiring one. Some good pointers have been offered on other threads wrt how to best use the system. I suggest you spend some time reading about it instead of being argumentative.

From my original post I will build and see where the eGo T takes me. I will post my findings. So far 2 days in and 7 tanks later all is well. No funky or burnt taste outside of vaping through the newness.

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
5 days in and no problems to report.

Thats good so far..
I personally have been using the eGo Tank atty and carts and so far to date myself (3 1/2 weeks) I have only lost one atty (after 5 day) and even though that has happened, I am very happy with this. I have had no leakage at all and besides a lil tight on vaping when I use it with out dry burn (not really a dry burn, just vape the excess liquid till I taste a slight burnt flavor) nothing but good vaping on my Tanks..
Even though there is a lot of issues from other users, I haven't had anything to be upset about.

SaturnineDenial

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Is there any way to fix a tank that is leaking juice without throwing it away? I haven't had many problems with the ego-t (other than the burnt taste which I have recovered from by adding more juice and vaping through it). The only problem that is frustrating is when the tanks themselves leak. Without reason sometimes the bottom part of the tank gets filled with liquid and gives juice when I draw. I have been setting those tanks aside, but this occurs at least once a week for both me and my fiance.

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Hi Saturn,
Not much if it is the atomizer but there is a couple of things to look for.
1) when you fill the tank cart, is that little tab in the circle where the atty pierces, is still there or is it gone?
If it is gone, this is one reason why the juice gets into the atty more.
I have done a few experments and when I leave this small tab on, no leakage.
When I would take this tab off, I find the liquid will go into the atty more, hence the leakage.
Even others have noted this. Just make sure that tab is there and if not, change the cartridge for a new one. Just remember, not, to take it off (the tab from the cart after piercing.)
2) If you can look into the atty where the point is (the part, in the middle, that goes into the cart) has a lot or a little of the filler inside it. The more, the better as I know a few my wife has, with hardly any filler that she can see, leaks and she just puts them on the side. If there seems to be a lot or normal amount of filler (where you see this at the top of the point) then the atty should be fine.
Other than those situations, I really have no other info about leakage as this is the only things I know that cause the leaking.

Hope this has helpped and shed a little light on the situation. :)

SaturnineDenial

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just checked and the atomizer appears to have plenty of filler. :) Which is a good sign.
I notice it more with the clear tanks, but the bottom section of the mouthpiece will fill up with e-liquid every once in a while. When it does that- I end up drinking liquid whenever I inhale. It happens occasionally with my colored tanks as well, but it is not as avoidable as the clear ones. (Which basically means I set the clear ones aside the moment my tank floods and the colored ones "surprise" me). This seems to be a recurring problem, but I'm going to try to see if I can rinse out one of the tanks that flooded and reuse it without any flooding.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
The leakage you are referring to isn't leakage perse but condensation with vaporised juice molecules. This is a perfectly normal situation, even normal carts did it. It all depends on how you vape in large part. This condesation is magnified on days with high humidity.

Every now and again I check my T atty and find condensation on the walls. I simply use a tissued rolled into a point to absorb it, and I am good to go. Every time I refill a tank, prior to, I take out the two mouth piece plugs and wick the condensation from the "condensation reservoir" That is why those two pieces are there to prevent you from getting the condensation in your mouth.

FWIW I use the black tanks as they were reported to be better than both the clear and blue, so I do not know if the clear and blues are problematic or not. However, I will get a build up of condensation in the mouth piece if I am vaping it hard and it has nothing to do with the liquid itself. Yes it tastes like the liquid you are vaping (diluted) but it is indeed condensation with entrapped vapourized molecules. A leaking system will manifest itself at the atty connection or alongside the PV as there is not seal at the cone unlike a normal eGo.

If this condensation is allowed to build up, it will find its way to the coil, which of course will cause minor flooding ot the atomiser. Whenever you get a gurgling sound, check your atty. Chances are you will find a lot of condensation present, eventually that will be sucked into the mouth piece as the airways run parallel to the atty walls in close proximity. Hope this helps.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Going on 3 weeks with same atty. Changed from my RY4 to Blackberry Menthol and all is well. Liquids do make a difference. I vape BBM without a problem. When I vape RY4 within a tank full I have wicking issues. Change it out to BBM, and no problems. I will update further when I have more findings. Properly used, yes they are the cats meow, but they can indeed be frustrating to folks that may not know what to look for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread