• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New eGo T-TANK and Cartridges!! Pls talk about them here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwertylesh

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2010
Australia
I used one for about 2 weeks.
I was using it with a combination of JuiceWore Ultimate pipe and Purple Crunch flavours (24mg, 75/25-PG/VG)

I found it to vape really great for the first week but by the end of the second week mine had gunked up and become extremely inconsistant, the juices i was using were fairly dark so i think that some sediment has hindered the wicking process.

the vapor on it was certainly different to what im use to, I like a warm vape but with ok TH, the tank has got great TH IMHO but lacks flavour A LOT. basically the sudden lack of consistency turned me off the tank system and im back to 510/306 low resistance dripping.

Last edited:

Cheeseburgermonger

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
USA
Right. I've had my Ego-T for over a month, now. (Received it on the fifth of February.) I'm still on my initial two atomizers and five tanks. I still love this thing. I purchased mine from Vicki at Cignot.com.

I pulled the guts out of my mouthpiece to help with the condensation and airflow. I do not have issues with condensation. Sure, there's a bit in the air channels on the sides of the tank, but it doesn't really bother me. It doesn't affect the performance of the atomizer.

I use super-thick VG juice that I mix myself. The juices are clear. I mix them at 25% flavour (currently from Flavor Apprentice) and 75% VG. They are all fruity flavours, with the exception of my menthol. (By the way, the menthol is mixed at a far less concentration, at 10 drops per 40 ml.) The VG I purchased at a local health food store, certified to be of vegetable origin and safe for both food and cosmetic use.

I chain vape, at work and at home. I go through at least 3 ml of juice, per day, at 4.5 mg nicotine concentration.

I switch my atomizers every two days, cleaning one whilst using the other. I clean them by first rinsing the atomizer in hot tap water. Then, I soak it overnight in rubbing alcohol. Finally, I rinse it again in hot tap water, blow it out, and let it dry thread-side up.

By this point, I have decided to purchase two new backup atomizers because one of the original two is starting to behave a little finicky. I have not yet tried the alternate cleaning method suggested to me by Vicki, however. The atomizer that has become slightly troublesome is easier to get the tanks into, however. Strange, hm? The atomizer that fits almost too tight is the better of the two. I do not know why this is. My thinking is that one of them might be the second generation atomizer, where the tank needle is tapered for a better seal.

All in all, this is the single best ecig I've ever owned or used. I was going to give up on ecigs, entirely, until I purchased this thing. I would recommend it to anyone and everyone, but with the suggestion to use similar juices to that which I made, and to purchase it from Cignot. I think the place from where you order really does make a difference.

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
Going on 3 weeks for me with the same atty. I have cleaned the atty a couple of times and it is performing okay, defintely not like a new one but who expected it to?
If I can get 3 weeks out of a atty I will be pretty happy.

Switched, I know you have posted it here somewhere but what is your cleaning method for the 'T'?

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Going on 3 weeks for me with the same atty. I have cleaned the atty a couple of times and it is performing okay, defintely not like a new one but who expected it to?
If I can get 3 weeks out of a atty I will be pretty happy.

Switched, I know you have posted it here somewhere but what is your cleaning method for the 'T'?
Whenever an attys becomes stiff I do this:

YouTube - eGo-T Atomizer Cleaning Demo....

IMHO most folks don't associate the true wick of an atty as being the steel mesh vice the fiberglass wick. The mesh is what carries the juice to the cup. The mesh can become gunked up. Alcohol ensures it gets in every nook and cranny. When using this method after a soak it drips out the batt end. As things start to loosen up, it flows out the batt end. The liquid is coloured originally and becomes clear as you go. Once it is clear and flows, you are done. Dry 24 hrs an you are set. Other than that, I don't clean atomisers perse. Because the atty was but 9 days old, I knew it was gunked up. On attys that I have vaped for 3-4 months, I simply move them up to 5V until they expire.

Folks fuss too much with their attys IMO. I also do not believe in dry burning. I personally believe that folks shorten the life of their attys by cleaning them. Many seasoned vapers are of this opinion as well. A good blow from the mouth end every now and again to get rid of what I call spent or stale liquid and you are good to go. When my atty tastes off, I give it a blow through. If the liquid you are dripping in or using is clear and the stuff you blow through is dark brown. Where is the nasty or of taste coming from?

holley2583

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2012
Boston
So I got a few kits in...the ego-c I got is a complete mess. The base piece became two pieces and has no threading to attach to the battery...I'm getting a repkacement hoping they sent me one that wasn't quite finished yet.

My main concern tho is that I pulled the threads out or I guess the wick when I pulled a cartridge out. The threads just stuck to the cartridge and i really don't see a way to get them back into the tiny hole...I tried and sorta pushed the threads in with a tiny screwdriver, but the vape tastes burnt...so what? I killed the whole atty cuz the cartridge pulled the threads out? That stinks!!! And actually does stink, literally. has this happened to anybody? I do have extra threads I could take out of one of the ego-c replaceable attys but how can I get the threads into that tiny eyelet properly?

Factor52

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2013
Connecticut
I liked the concept of the tank system on the EGO T and I had been using the 510 cigarette shaped batteries with cartomizers for 6 Months. But to be honest. Im thinking the T stands for terrible. I get one hit then I have to wait five minutes or so to get another hit that produces a visible vapor and throat hit without the burnt taste. I really like the Ego battery and I have switched to using clearomizers instead of the Tank System that came with the Ego-T. Much more consistent flavor and vapor. Now I just use my old 510's as backup if I ever run out of juice on my two Ego batteries.

Does anyone know of any mods that can be made to the EGO T atomizers that make then more palatable/ usable? Hate to just let them go unused.

Brian (Factor52)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread