E-Cigars -- Brands? Questions!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ioby

Jan 20, 2009
Passaic, NJ, USA
Hey --

I'm not a cigarette smoker at all. However, I love smoking cigars. I'm not a heavy cigar smoker (back when I smoked regularly it was a few times a week), and then over the past few years I've gone from smoking cigars once a week, and now the last 6 months I haven't smoked any cigars at all. :( And it's all because of the smoking ban! (I'm in NJ). I realize cigars are less addictive because you don't inhale, which might explain how I've gone to 0, however I do miss being able to smoke cigars.

See, there was nothing better than going to a diner, or pool hall, or bar, or other social place and smoke a cigar. Once the ban was put in place I eventually dwindled all the way down to never smoking at all. I was just discouraged! There's nothing like spending a few hundred on (good, expensive) cigars, a humidor, and not being able to utilize them except for when at home or in the car. I ended up selling most my collection.

So now that I've been seeing these electronic cigars pop up all over, I'm tempted to try one if only because I could once again smoke while hanging out with friends at a pool hall, or diner, or other social gathering.

So basically -- Am I on the right track, or are these devices more for cigarrette smokers?

Are there any specific brands that I should be looking into? Part of what interests me to begin with is the fact that you can buy all those different flavors, as well. Might not be able to get a flavor that tastes like a Punch Champion, but at least I could have green apple. :D

I was looking at this model one model on ebay. I can't post a link since I'm new, unfortunately. The seller is n-ever.

It was disposable (1800 puffs) and cheap (25.00), but I don't see any others that actually 'look' right. It actually looks like a real cigar rather than a pen, or pipe. Are there any others I should be looking into? Or is there any other information I should know about refills, catridges, etc?

Thanks for any information. :)

TribbleTrouble

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
Rio Rancho, NM
Seeing as how you are strictly a cigar smoker, your tastes are probably very particular. As far as the hardware, it is all basically the same [the difference is in the quality of the manufacturer (Mainland China or Honk Kong)]. The key will be in the e-liquid you get. The Johnson's Creek sampler pack might be the way to start. Or the various flavors Janty or Pillbox 38 has. I have the E-Cigar from Puresmoker.com, and it rocks! There is a ton of good info in this forum, so read as much as you can before you buy. Whatever you do, stay away from NJoy.

:)

yoshistr

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2009
Long Island, NY
Hello Ioby,

I would highly recommend against purchasing an E cigar that is too cheap because of poor quality and unsatisfactory battery failures and cartridges that don't work. Here are some e cigars to check out:

electronic-cigar.org/Natural%20Wood%20Effect%20Electronic%20Cigar.html

gamucci.com

puresmoker.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=41

These are higher quality and not only will last longer but give you a better smoking experience. Considering how much you spend on cigars, it won't be a bad idea to invest in an Electronic Cigar. The difference would be that the smoke from a E cigar will feel "lighter", if you don't inhale it all the way you probably won't notice much of a difference. Actual cigars have a heavy smoke due to high concentrations of smoke vapor to air and also have a warmer feel to the smoke compared to E cigars. An E cigar can still generate quite a lot of smoke but might not have that wood or warm cigar taste to it if you don't use the correct e-liquid/juice. The best thing about E cigars is the ability to create or buy custom eliquids with different flavors of your choice.
johnsoncreeksmokejuice.com/category_s/2.htm
I would recommend Peach Cobbler, Tennessee Cured, or Smooth Hickory ejuice as they have a warm comforting taste more similar to a cigar. Keep in mind that you can also make your own ejuice by mixing appropriate amounts of flavoring, nicotine, and vapor producing mixtures.

When buying your first e cigarette/cigar consider the cost as well as quality, for example purchasing from puresmoker is less expensive but the quality is a little lower, and gamucci has better quality but is more expensive. You will usually need three parts: cartridge, battery, and a atomizer. Some companies sell cartridges bundled with atomizers whereas others sell each part separetly. It might be a good idea to order off of Puresmoker as you can return the nonused items back if you don't like it and will give you a chance to try it out.

It might also be a good idea for you to buy eliquid without any nicotine since you are not actually addicted to the nicotine but the aesthetic quality of smoking. This will help avoid becoming addicted and will still give you the pleasure to "smoke" with your friends at social outings.

Best of luck,

Ioby

Jan 20, 2009
Passaic, NJ, USA
Thanks for the help. I'll make sure to stay away from NJoy, haha. :)

yoshistr - From what I'm reading, I think you're right -- I'd probably prefer going with a pleasurable flavor, but apt for 0 nicotine in it. As you said, it's more of the aesthetic I enjoy, and I do not believe I have a nicotine addiction, so it's probably better I don't develop one. ;) So this might be a perfect resolution.

All things considered I'm starting to become turned on to the idea of purchasing an e-cigarrette instead (if there are better models at better prices available), and simply use the nicotine-less eliquid so that it wouldn't really be much different than an ecigar (asides from size, of course!) Just need to find a model that works well. Still recommend puresmoker for this?

I think I'm going to try the Peach Cobbler and Tennessee Cured when I do order, however. :)

Thanks again for all the help. Very appreciated!

Silk

Dec 11, 2008
Romford UK
Most of the e-cigars out there do not taste much like a cigar, and like everything else you get what you pay for. Cheap copies are cheap copies, I think the Vegas is overpriced but it is overall better than its facimilles.

I love(d) a cigar and these have been my main avenue of exploration in these devices. So far I have tried....

e-cigar/shimmer from e-cigs.co.uk - there are various versions of this around from other suplliers, I can't comment on theirs but the principle is the same.

These are probably (still) my main device - the carts aren't upto much though (taste wise) I tend to go for blanks and fill myself - I use e-cig.co.uk and TW cigar liquid which is a little harsh but reminds me of the kind of dark cigar you would buy in a pub - edging towards a cheroot.

Gammucci Premier - despite most things from this lot being overpriced and useless. I actually liked this disposable, with the only drawback being lifespan (it will last you a whole night though - so judge that against what you would spend on real ones) . There are a few bargains to be found on them, I got one for xmas and liked it and bought a couple more for nights out.
Again this is quite a dark smoker, reminding me of cheaper cigars/ darker tobacco. The Mouthpiece is my favourite though.

Ruyan Vegas, also similar sold on e-bay by (Heavensgifts?) not as cheap as some, and are disposable, but have a pretty good lifespan - I got a good 5 nights out of mine and I am a 'heavy' puffer!
The battery is a monster - wish similar was in the rechargable version (below)
Taste? probably my favourite to date - quite light and smooth. At first I thought it too weak, but it really grew on me. I am tempted to try the vegas liquid from Janty, cos if its like the cigar it is very nice and a good mouthing smoke.

Other plusses. I really like the size and shape of these, wrapping/covering is a bit better than the cheap copies too. But not designed to last forever.

Heath-e cigar - also on e-bay advertised as a rechargable cuban style (supposed to be similar to Ruyan).
The Cartridges are vile :( (IMO) nothing like any cigar I ever tasted. I drained mine and refilled with TW cigar liquid.
Size & shape similar to Ruyan, but cheaper covering.
Lifespan - Maybe I didn't get a very good one, initialy it wasn't too bad, but now I only get an hour out of it before it needs recharging (and it isn't very old). Which is a shame as, although I would describe it as semi-disposable (three carts and chuck) and it performs well when it is going - mine is too short lived to seriously use.

I've not tried a bling (yet) or their cartridges, so I can't comment on them although the style is similar to the first one I mention.

Hope this is of use to you

Last edited:

Sir_Puffalot

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2008
UK
Hi Ioby,
I`ve tried the Ruyan disposable and I loved the ease of the device, basically click the cart in the battery and away to go, the taste is like a very mild cigar with a hint of vanilla. Battery life is excellent which will exceed the life of the cartridge, though they can be refilled if you pull the end off and top up, it will smoke for a couple of days before the battery gives up.

As for the shimmer from e-cigs.co.uk it`s basically a Ruyan bling, there are numerous posts on this. The atomiser life is right up there and batteries and chargers for this model can be obtained from dealextreme.com (very cheap with free worldwide shipping). You can also get empty carts to top up with any flavour of your choice, I`d say to try French Pipe from here
36Mg 30 ML E Cigarette E-Liquid E-Juice - Super Strength

At 36mg it`s strong but gives great vapour and would be ideal if you like to mouth the smoke as in a real cigar.

I exclusively used the Shimmer/Bling for about 2 months and loved it because of its decent battery life but went for something a bit more low profile for out and about vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread