Calling All E-Cigar Users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TribbleTrouble

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
Rio Rancho, NM
Thank You so much, everyone!!! This forum is pretty friggin' cool:thumb:. This is so much more information on the E-Cigar than I really expected. I loved the Gammuci review (Thanks, igetcha) and Silk's E-Cigar ratings are really going to be a great help to me. The pride & joy of my vaping arsenal (My Puresmoker E-Cigar) just went cold on me last night!:cry:

As it stands right now, I'm ordering one more from Puresmoker, but I think I am going to also pick up a Bling & maybe that Gammuci disposable just for fun.

For a while there, I was afraid I was the only one that appreciated E-Cigars, but I have been set straight now. Thanks again, everyone!!! Long live this kick a** forum.:D

Last edited:

RhinoOne

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2008
Wilmington, DE USA
I use the e-cigar in the evening at home. I've tried the njoy (didn't last very long) and three from Puresmoker - they've lasted about a month each. I've also tried the disposable from Janty - it lasted about a month and was the most consistent with a big hit each time, but I didn't care for the taste all that much. I'd buy another Janty in a heartbeat if it came in French Pipe or RY4.

Silk

Dec 11, 2008
Romford UK
Tribble - I love the whole concept of the e-cigar, and would love to start getting them just for the variety (like you would have various styles and sizes in a humidor) - not a cheap hobby though.

Oh and change that to 5 for 5 in my RN4062 failures :( my last one died last night :( For now, I find they are just not worth the hassle as a day to day device -
Maybe, I am just too harsh on them or genuine Blings are better? But I also presume Ruyan are no longer showing them on their official site for a good reason. :confused:

Art Vandelay

Feb 9, 2009
London
I've had 2 of the rn4062 ecigars (one was a shimmer) from ecigs.co.uk. Both lasted around three weeks or so before dying. Before that I had some 901's and a couple of penstyles, and at first the ecigars were great- but after a while drags became lighter and didn't give me that 'buzz'. It was a shame because the long battery life and massive carts were excellent.

The two cigars have gone back for a replacement now- hopefully I'll get ome longer lasting ones back. I want to try and stick with the ecigars because while they lasted, they were the best ecigs I've tried. Back on the analogues till they turn up though :(

BlueSun

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2008
Canada, brrrr
I tried an ePuffer.com Cohita disposable cigar today, and I have to say that it's the most foul tasting thing I've ever "smoked." I'm not a nicotine addict. I like to smoke the occasional cigar or cigarillo, so when I heard about the e-cigar, I thought, why not give it a try? I went for an hour long walk with my dog this afternoon, so I had a lot of time to test it.

When I read the instructions, it said to push in the tip to activate the cigar. I did this and started puffing away. It tasted awful. I pulled the cartridge out and noticed that there was a tin foil cover over the cartridge and that it hadn't been properly punctured by the atomizer. (No where in the instructions does it mention to check this.) I looked at the atomizer and it appeared to be undamaged. I then made sure the the foil was properly punctured and tried again. Same bad taste. So I completely removed the foil, thinking that maybe this would help. Not a chance.

The taste of this thing is absolutely disgusting. There's a strong chemical taste to it (probably the propelyne glycol?), and it tastes nothing like a cigar. The name suggests that it's comparable to a Cuban Cohiba cigar. I can honestly say that this makes a cheap drugstore cigar taste like an expensive Cuban by comparison. It reminds me of a smoking toy I had when I was a kid. It was a little man or monkey, and you put little cigarettes in his mouth and lit them to watch him blow smoke rings. I took a puff of it myself and it tasted similar.

So, as you can tell, I'm highly disappointed with the cigar. This is my first purchase of a vapourizer, and I was hoping that I might find a healthier, less-smelly, alternative to the real thing. Maybe it's too early in the game. I suppose until I see a real cigar aficionado say how brilliant these things are, then, and only then, will I consider trying one again.

The epuffer.com Cohita goes for $35 Canadian. I'm binning it.

By the way, just in case you think I may have damaged the atomizer, the liquid does smell like it tastes. And it was definitely working because I could feel the buzz from the nicotine, despite not inhaling.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm just disappointed. :oops:

Sam

Feb 11, 2009
Hi,
I smoke cigars and i inhale. Usually 1 cigar a day. I want to try e cigars and i have read good reviews about pure smoker and some other disposable ones. I am looking for something which is harsh and i can refil the juice ( As i am little skepticle about juices that are made in china) as well as can replace the atomizers. I know i might be asking for too much information but i would highly appreciate if some one can help me out here.

This post is a great help.

I apologize if i have replied in the wrong post. I am not allowed to creat a new thread.

Thanks,
Sam

Judging by all of the threads & posts I have read (when the forum is up), there aren't too many people out there that use the E-Cigar. I even tried a search for any E-Cigar reviews on the forum, and there were none. I'm an E-Cigar vaper, and I love it. Even though it is bigger (and a little heavier), I like the way it looks more than all of the pens and mini models out there. My purpose for starting this thread is to get more feedback from anyone else out there that is an E-Cigar regular. I know that the style is pretty much the same between manufacturers, but I have noticed differences in quality. I have so far bought E-Cigars from NJoy (crap), E-Smoke Stop (Much Better), and from Puresmoker (Best So Far). The reason I started this thread is because I would like to get more info about any other E-Cigar suppliers or retailers that I haven't yet bought from. I want that info from some other fellow E-Cigar Aficionados. Thanks, and ya'll have a great day!:thumb:

TT

RaverCJ

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2008
Los Angeles
Hi,
I smoke cigars and i inhale. Usually 1 cigar a day. I want to try e cigars and i have read good reviews about pure smoker and some other disposable ones. I am looking for something which is harsh and i can refil the juice ( As i am little skepticle about juices that are made in china) as well as can replace the atomizers. I know i might be asking for too much information but i would highly appreciate if some one can help me out here.

This post is a great help.

I apologize if i have replied in the wrong post. I am not allowed to creat a new thread.

Thanks,
Sam

Sam, you INHALE analog cigars? I don't know if there's anything electronic out there that's harsh enough for you. My recommendation is to go with Puresmoker or thesmokesafe.com - both Steve's and James' atomizers have lasted me a good month now and show no signs of failing. I've heard cigar/shag flavor e-juice has the most kick, but I haven't tried it personally. I know a lot of e-liquid manufacturers offer their juice in 36mg. I don't really recommend using that high a concentration, but it might come close to giving you that kick. I hope I was of some help.

Chris

PS: I thought I was the only e-cigar far out there! I'm so happy I'm not alone! I definitely love the battery life/cart size/reliability/cheap batteries. To me, it just makes more sense to vape e-cigars.

Silk

Dec 11, 2008
Romford UK
My only problem is that some blank carts that I got with mine don't thread properly. Other than that - fab!

And I thought it was just me, kind of re-assuring to know.

Unfortunatley with the death of my last Shimmer I am e-cigar less :cry: and have decided to give them a break for now, cos I have spent way too much on all of these of late.. In the meantime my pen is making a fair substitute.
Once Simon has replacement atomisers back in stock, I may well pick up a couple just to use like you are ex-pipeman. Maybe this way I'll get them to last.
I also still have all my ex-disposables - I keep looking at the vegas and am tempted to see if I could cut it down a bit, fit a set of torch contacts and an SD or pipe battery - sort of a sawn off vegas/stogie.
Only problem is my hands are pretty crap these days (cheers to arthritus) and am not sure I could manage the fine soldering. But its very tempting to have a go..

BlueSun

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2008
Canada, brrrr
AN APOLOGY TO EPUFFER.COM

I'd like to completely retract my bad review of the ePuffer Cohita cigar that I posted a few days ago. Something interesting happened today.

I was watching a review of the Ruyan disposable cigar on YT and noticed how the reviewer was puffing on it. I hadn't binned my e-cigar after all, so I grabbed it from my cigar box and took some nice deep puffs, letting plumes of vapour come out of my mouth and into the air. The taste had a light cigar flavour to it, and I could smell the plesant vapour in my nostrils.

What had I done wrong?

It may have been that when I first got the cigar that I hadn't properly pierced the tin foil with the vaporizer. Maybe the atmoizer burnt and that's why it tasted so aweful. Maybe I needed to work the cigar in. Maybe my taste buds were just shot that day (though my friend hated it, too), or maybe I just had to get used to the difference between smoke and vapour.

Oh, and just to verify that my e-cigar really does taste like a cigar, I let my non-smoker friend give it a second try and told him how to puff on it. He took in a few drags, nodded his head and said, "Yup, that tastes like tobacco." Something had definitely changed. He said it didn't even leave a bitter taste chemical taste in his mouth like it did last time.

So, I went for a lovely walk with my dog today and really enjoyed the cigar this time. I'd prefer a stronger cigar taste, but it's not bad. I can honestly say that I love this e-cigar business, and I want to (if I have funds) try some of the other brands. I really would love to try a Ruyan, but I'm scared to import anything outside Canada for fear of paying high duties.

Once again, I apologize to epuffer.com for my bad review. I may even consider buying another one if funds permit, but as I said above, I do prefer a stronger taste. If the price drops and you get some other models (Ruyan?), then I'll be very tempted.

Oh, and this cigar is 16mg (high) nic content, so I really got a buzz out of it. I never inhale analog cigars, but this vapour is just too easy to inhale.

The only concern I have is smoking it in the house around my dog, who is always with me. I've always smoked outside. I love her to bits and wouldn't want to expose her to anything harmful.

I'm sold on the e-cigar thing, I really am. I don't want to buy analogs now. :D

Thanks for reading,
-BlueSun

PS: Moderator, if you want, feel free to delete previous post.

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
AN APOLOGY TO EPUFFER.COM

I'd like to completely retract my bad review of the ePuffer Cohita cigar that I posted a few days ago. Something interesting happened today.

I was watching a review of the Ruyan disposable cigar on YT and noticed how the reviewer was puffing on it. I hadn't binned my e-cigar after all, so I grabbed it from my cigar box and took some nice deep puffs, letting plumes of vapour come out of my mouth and into the air. The taste had a light cigar flavour to it, and I could smell the plesant vapour in my nostrils.

What had I done wrong?

It may have been that when I first got the cigar that I hadn't properly pierced the tin foil with the vaporizer. Maybe the atmoizer burnt and that's why it tasted so aweful. Maybe I needed to work the cigar in. Maybe my taste buds were just shot that day (though my friend hated it, too), or maybe I just had to get used to the difference between smoke and vapour.

Oh, and just to verify that my e-cigar really does taste like a cigar, I let my non-smoker friend give it a second try and told him how to puff on it. He took in a few drags, nodded his head and said, "Yup, that tastes like tobacco." Something had definitely changed. He said it didn't even leave a bitter taste chemical taste in his mouth like it did last time.

So, I went for a lovely walk with my dog today and really enjoyed the cigar this time. I'd prefer a stronger cigar taste, but it's not bad. I can honestly say that I love this e-cigar business, and I want to (if I have funds) try some of the other brands. I really would love to try a Ruyan, but I'm scared to import anything outside Canada for fear of paying high duties.

Once again, I apologize to epuffer.com for my bad review. I may even consider buying another one if funds permit, but as I said above, I do prefer a stronger taste. If the price drops and you get some other models (Ruyan?), then I'll be very tempted.

Oh, and this cigar is 16mg (high) nic content, so I really got a buzz out of it. I never inhale analog cigars, but this vapour is just too easy to inhale.

The only concern I have is smoking it in the house around my dog, who is always with me. I've always smoked outside. I love her to bits and wouldn't want to expose her to anything harmful.

I'm sold on the e-cigar thing, I really am. I don't want to buy analogs now. :D

Thanks for reading,
-BlueSun

PS: Moderator, if you want, feel free to delete previous post.

are you sure you was meant to "pierce" the silver foil with the atomiser!!?? the disposable e-cigs i have say in the instructions to peel the foil off completely........NOT use the atomiser to pierce it!!

please check and get back to me!

tribal, you got the one from e-cigs.co.uk. did you peel the foil off? ive just got some from e-cigs for review but not used one yet. wanna make sure i got the right info before i film! be nice to see how it compares to the gamucci. let me know please

BlueSun

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2008
Canada, brrrr
Verbatim from the manual:

"To use, push the mouthpiece toward the body of the disposable cigar in order to engage the unit. Once done, the cigar will be in a standby state and can be used at the user's discretion."

There's a picture of the cigar with an arrow sign below and caption reading, "Push to close the gap." It mentions nothing about opening the cigar and removing the foil.

I took the cartridge out and noticed that I obviously hadn't pushed the mouthpiece with enough force, so I tried again, and this time the atomizer pierced a hole through the foil.

Silk

Dec 11, 2008
Romford UK
I concour with Bluesun re:large disposable cigars - the cats are huge and hold more liquid than the material seems able to soak up properly, if you remove the foil completley you are likely to flood it and it leaks through the battery :(

I also found this when I tried re-filling myself, too much foil gone and they tend too start leaking, and yes I have also tried the e-cigs one. I Will be interested in seeing your take on it.

I think Leaford found the same - he has a vid around here somewhere regarding topping off an e-cigar.

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
cheers for the replies bluesun and silk.

i would have thought that it could cause damage to the atomiser by pushing it down hard enough to break the foil seal though! also, on the gamucci ones it says that it "must" be removed before pushing the cart down into place!

im gonna send simon (at e-cigs.co.uk) a email just to confirm this before i start to use it in the review.

will let you know what he says!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread