E-cig only? Or e-cig and cigarettes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Virginia
I have a problem with my love for the taste of a menthol analog. its very hard for me to find a juice that fits my taste buds. on the plus side, i can vape in my boyfriends car without him flipping crap on me and all day anywhere i want whenever i want! it has its disadvantages as well as advantages. i just need to find a happy medium and im sure i will kick the analog.

If you haven't already done so (since I see from your post count that you're new here), you might do well to do a forum search for threads with advice about good menthol e-juices. It seems to always be a big discussion topic, and I sense that menthol smokers have a harder time finding just the right vape. Since I was an infrequent menthol smoker myself, my opinion probably shouldn't count for much, but I though Tasty Vapors' Tobacco/Menthol was good.

Rodnaz

Aug 20, 2012
Phoenix Az
Wow lots of good stories, many with great endings. By great I mean your off of the stinky's. I started a week ago, been on analogs for 50+ years. My first juice was 24 mg tobacco flavor. I found it was way to strong. Actually it hit my lungs harder than an analog. Since I got in a few different flavors 18 mg, some to much TH & 1 to mild. So I tried mixing mild with a stronger tobacco base in small amounts. If I was a menthol smoker I would experiment with that as well. I am real close to knowing what mixtures I will order next.

As far as smoking goes, I have less than 1/2 of one in the morning then snip it off. Then the rest a little later. Today Just the one so far and may have another 1/2 after dinner then the rest before later in the evening. 2 or 3 is all I need. My plan is quit completely when this pack runs out. Then keep dropping the vape nicotine level over the next few months. My long term plan is to quit vaping as well. I think were kidding ourselves if we think inhaling anything other than air is ok. Vaping is the lesser of two evils but that does not make it a good thing just far better than the alternative.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
I read that cigarettes deliver a hit of nicotine much faster than vaping so I had planned to use both at first and wean myself off the my 2+ PAD cigarette habit gradually. I was so happy and relieved that vaping has completely satisfied me and I haven't had as much as one puff since I started vaping early Friday evening.

I did get some 24 mg cartridges and use those for an hour before I go to bed and when I get up in the morning. During the rest of the day I use 18 mg taking two or three drags from my cig-a-like frequently. I guessed that frequent, light vaping would prevent my nicotine levels from dropping off a cliff leading to craving a cigarette. So far, that strategy is working well for me.

However, from what I've read here it seems that many have successfully used a combo of cigarettes and vaping to vastly reduce their use of cigarettes or quit them entirely. It seems to me that people should experiment to see what works well for them individually knowing that others have found a multitude of successful paths their ultimate respective goal.

Z_Ghost

Resting In Peace
Sep 2, 2012
Arlington Texas
Good job. Ecigs dont kill all cravings. There are something like 3000 chemicals you inhale from a burning analog. So just keep with it. Someone told me and its true. Eventually you crave your vape. Make sure you start out with a high enough nicotine to knock out those cravings. Again congrats everyone who is vaping we all know how tough a addiction analogs are.

I think I did go to low and have order a lot of different flavors at a higher nic level.
Saved some money what with all the sales going on so I hope to find one that I really like.

jimrug1

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2012
Peoria, IL
Wow lots of good stories, many with great endings. By great I mean your off of the stinky's. I started a week ago, been on analogs for 50+ years. My first juice was 24 mg tobacco flavor. I found it was way to strong. Actually it hit my lungs harder than an analog. Since I got in a few different flavors 18 mg, some to much TH & 1 to mild. So I tried mixing mild with a stronger tobacco base in small amounts. If I was a menthol smoker I would experiment with that as well. I am real close to knowing what mixtures I will order next.

As far as smoking goes, I have less than 1/2 of one in the morning then snip it off. Then the rest a little later. Today Just the one so far and may have another 1/2 after dinner then the rest before later in the evening. 2 or 3 is all I need. My plan is quit completely when this pack runs out. Then keep dropping the vape nicotine level over the next few months. My long term plan is to quit vaping as well. I think were kidding ourselves if we think inhaling anything other than air is ok. Vaping is the lesser of two evils but that does not make it a good thing just far better than the alternative.

I hear ya Rodnaz, Its been over a month for me. Smoked a couple, since. Want a cig sooooo bad right now!!! Have some in the car but resisting. Going to my 36 ml juice so stave off the craving. I agree w/ you that inhaling this juice is the lesser of two evils. But it IS the lesser of two evils. I have developed copd from smoking analogs. My breathing has gotten much better since vaping but have developed a vaping cough since. Hoping to quit it all eventually.

Kim Gal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Ohio
I have been cig free and vaping for almost 2 years now.
I have followed this forum along my way to get information but never posted till now.
I was at 2PAD sometimes more for 20years. I still have cravings at times but nothing
like i did when first started vaping. I think there will always be a slight crave for me but they
quickly pass. I think the biggest thing when starting to vape is drinking plenty of liquids that
seemed to help me from getting dry and vapers cough i guess you would call it. The hardest part
for me was finding the right eliquid that I enjoyed. Nothing tasted like the real thing. But I stuck
with it and am very glad I did. Wish everyone the best just take your time and don't give up.

From smoking 7 cigarettes a day, I cut down to 3 cigarettes/day and my e-cig. Slowly, I cut down the cigarettes altogether. Now I'm only using my e-cig and haven't craved a cigarettes in a long time. For me the key to quitting cigarettes was to let my body decide when it's time to cut down. At one point, I was perfectly fine just using my e-cig.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
I smoked 1 to 2 pad for over 40 years. Menthol mostly. Last summer tried Chantix and THAT was a mistake, but a whole other story, not related to this thread. Started vaping end of February after a long bronchitis/coughing up-a-lung scenario over the winter. Within a few weeks of vaping the cough went away. However, I still pick up my Nat Sherman Hint analog a couple times a day, take a few drags and put it out. I like the taste and the habit of holding the cig between my fingers while smoking. All probably psychosomatic. I have a few hundred (yes) little and big bottles of different flavors and nic strengths from dozens of vendors. Now I'm also starting DIY and getting closer to a flavor/taste sensation that I'm looking for. After buying everything from cig2o, prosmoke cig look-a-likes.. to 510 and egos... I'm using an ego twist now to change up the voltage and experimenting with different cartomizers and clearomizers is helping somewhat.
Not sure when I'll quit analogs for ever, but I'm happy my smoker's cough and coughing up a lung every day is gone :banana:
Getting rid of smoker's cough was my original goal when I started vaping and it worked within a few weeks! So, the couple of drags I take every day from my Nat's is OK, and eventually, one day I won't buy them anymore LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread