E-cig only? Or e-cig and cigarettes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinneyr

Aug 23, 2012
Chicago
I know there's a lot of smokers out there that have quit and started using e-cigs only. Anyone ever get a crave or a cig? What do you do? Personally I'm not a heavy smoker but doesn't mean I won't smoke me a cigarrette here and there while still enjoying my e-cig. Comment away let me know what you do if you only smoke your e-cig or both from time to time.

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
when I started I did both. I would vape when I wanted a cig and then if I still wanted one, I had it. in 2 weeks of doing that I went from 2 1/2 pad to about 15 cigs a day. and went down from there until I was at 2 cigs a day.

I still smoke those 2 cigs a day, right before bed because I'm old and I want to :toast: but, there have been times I've forgotten :)

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona
I quit analogs the second day, when I ran out. Haven't missed them, at all. I've been vaping exactly 1 month, yesterday. I enjoy vaping a lot more than I ever enjoyed an analog. And, I was a heavy smoker. But, I dare say, that if I ever was without my ecig, I am not sure I could resist an analog if that was my only option. I have cut down from 24 mg nicotine to 6 and sometimes 0 nic. I'm still hooked on the physical action, though.

lotsoffish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Buffalo, New York
I 100% quit smoking the day I bought my first E Cig.

I had cravings for a cigarette the 1st 4 weeks so I upped my nic strength from 18 to 24 mg and I even vaped about 30 ml of wta 24 mg. liquids in between week 2-4.

I smoked for over 30 years and I have had enough. At first I just vaped until the cravings subsided, now I don't really even think about smoking and I like it that way.

Last edited:

Hunny

Moved On
Aug 26, 2012
NJ
Way to go!! Vape your cravings away :):)

I 100% quit smoking the day I bought my first E Cig.

I had cravings for a cigarette the 1st 4 weeks so I upped my nic strength from 18 to 24 mg and I even vaped about 30 ml of wta 24 mg. liquids in between week 2-4.

I smoked for over 30 years and I have had enough. At first I just vaped until the cravings subsided, now I don't really even think about smoking and I like it that way.

joshiesmommy

Aug 12, 2012
Hampton, Va
The first night we got our ecigs, I had a few analogs before bed. Then decided that I could allow myself one at night but it had to be outside. Day 2 I had one analog while walking the dog before bed. Day 3, I had half of an analog. Day 4, I took my analog outside, lit it, and immediately put it out. Have nearly a carton in the kitchen but havent had the notion to have one since that night. Am just a few days short of being analog free for 3 weeks.

hnyb0210

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
PA
I guess I'd say to each his/her own. I've heard several folks say that they alternate or have the occasional analog. If a former pad smoker turns into a vaper/2-3 analog per day smoker, then more power to them because that's 17 or 18 LESS analogs they are smoking. Personally, I dropped the analogs right around a week when I ran out & just had no desire to buy more. I was too busy loving how I could get the satisfaction I was looking for w/o smelling like an ashtray, how my senses of taste & smell were returning (I didn't know they were gone!), and how much easier I was breathing. They just started to taste nastier & nastier to me until I didn't want them anymore. Only being 6 weeks into this, I'm not big-headed enough to think that I will never get an analog craving, or that I would absolutely have the strength to resist if I was in a situation where an analog was my only option (horrors!!). But I can tell you that I haven't had a desire for one yet, and that makes me very, very happy!

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Hi Vinnie,
I guess it's what you decide. You sound like you have decided you are still going to have a cigarette sometimes. I decided I didn't want to smoke at all - and haven't since vaping has been satisfying for me. In fact now I don't even like a strong tobacco flavor vape, and don't want cigarettes at all. Some people have started off with an occasional cig but got sick of them by comparison with vaping after a while. Others just never smoked cigs again.

dragonrage

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2012
melrose fl
when i got my first kit in i had a full pack and one with 3 left and i was at the office when i left the office i said heck withit and though what i had in the trash. this was to keep me from trying to go back to them. needless to say it help to have no analog around and when i started to have a nic fit i would vape like a mad man. now i don't have nic fits and my intake is way less a 650mah battery will last me the whole day now and a 2000 mah battery will last me 3 days

SmokinBones

Moved On
Aug 18, 2012
Ohio
I've been vaping for about 3-4 weeks now and at first I was smoking and vaping about 50/50. After about the 1st or 2nd week I was only smoking at bedtime and in the morning when I got up. Something about mornings seem difficult for most people I think...not sure if it's because nicotine levels drop over night but that's what I suspect.

Last week I stopped having the morning cigarette but still smoked a few at bedtime and in the middle of the night when I would wake up. 3 days ago I completely cut out smokes altogether. So far it's going pretty well. I still have cravings in the morning but I grab the PV and some 18mg juice and vape on it until I start getting that nicotine overdose upset stomach feeling (you know what I mean).

Over the past 2 weeks when I would have a cigarette I would usually end up tossing it after about half and switch over to the PV. Smoke just doesn't quite taste as good as it used to. It's like the reality of smoking isn't quite as enjoyable as the cravings would have me believe.

Gonna try to stay 100% smoke free from now on and right now I feel like it's an attainable goal but who knows what the future has in store. One thing I think is very important is that we vapers make our voices heard when the feds start creating legislation. I hate the thought of regulation making vaping more expensive than cigarettes...or worse yet, illegal.

Jenavieves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
macon
After 20yrs of smoking, I switched this pass week. I have been using e-cigs about once a week for 2yrs. ( When my mom came to see the kids.) I have seen everything she used and used it. Even then I did not want to give them up! Tonight is the 1st time I broke down and smoked one. It made me sick! The taste is not anything like what I wanted. In fact I want to say many nasty things about it now...After half of it I came inside picked up Frank's vapor and was truly happy with it for the 1st time. Yes, I am drinking... However I have not found a "all the time vape" and ran out of the only one that was keeping me happy. I believe if I had something I love it never would have happen. On the plus side, I do not ever want to touch a stinky again.

Scott Dernbach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
If you get the right nicotine level you should not crave a analog any more. I started at 18mg and have started stepping back and never craved another analog again. Your best bet would be to find a eliquid store in your area that will let you try a few different levels out first before you buy into a bigger bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread