Not open for further replies.

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
Hi everyone,

I just joined the forums yesterday got already a bunch of tips on e-cigs. I have a store near my place that sells e-cigs and the lady recommended me the No. 7 e-cig. Knowing that I have experienced vapors here on these forums I had to leave the store and come here for help first before I spend any money.

I am a heavy smoker 1 pack a day at least and really look for heavy vapor (if you call it that) and my only question is do you think that the No.7 E-cig is a good choice?

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hello & welcome Want To Quit :)

Nope I don't think the No.7 is a good choice if you can't recharge the battery it means it's a disposable.

I'm guessing you are in the USA? If so, check out the Riva from Liberty Flights US site & click on the 20% discount code top left of the page : -

Electronic Cigarette - Atomizers & Cones - EM Riva 510

You will also need to order some e-liquid at the same time

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm really sorry Want To Quit, I gave you the wrong link - I know my way round the UK LF site but not the US one :) Here is a link to the Riva starter kit : -

Electronic Cigarette - Starter Kits - Riva 510

The cartridges that come with that kit are blank (dry) so need filling with juice (e-liquid) straight away. All cartridges can be refilled over & over again.

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
Thanks so much for the help Chrissie. Ya I am right now in the us. So just because I am slow and want to double check with you I can get lets say 10 cartrdiges and then refill them as often as I like and I never have to throw them away? I always thought you can refill them a certain amount of time but after a while you just have to get rid of them and buy new once.

Also thanks a lot for the link very helpful you are.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
They won't last forever as the stuffing inside them will get gungy. You can wash this out or replace it with something like Fluval or blue foam. Also, most atomisers that you buy come with a completely empty mouthpiece attached & these can be stuffed & then filled with juice.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
No idea where you live - you don't have your real location in your profile. My opinion - if you don't know what model it really is, what it's compatible with, whether it's a good model, then it's a crapshoot whether it's a decent model, a bad one, an incompatible one or if anyone will ever know what it is. SS 7 is a moderate ripoff. They seem to charge $25 for an atomizer (we pay about $7-8 for atomizers). I have no idea what model SS 7 is. But I can tell you they didn't invent anything. All slim ecigs are designed and made in China.

My recommendation is something with manual batteries and both atomizers+carts or cartomizers available. Most people end up using cartomzers and/or dripping on the atomizer (not recommend for auto batteries) instead of using the atomizer w/ carts.

See Joye 510 manual, Joye 510 w/ mega xl batteries, or Vapor4Life/KR808D-1 w/ manual batteries

If you need more battery charge life and the ability to use hotter harder-hitting LR parts, see Ego and Riva 510

Re eliquid - If you are made of money you can just throw out cartomizers or carts after use. That will probably be more than one per day because they don't last as long as a pack of cigs. Most of us find it more cost-efficient to refill carts, or preferably refill cartomizers (safest on manual batteries) and also fill blank cartomizers with whatever eliquid we want from the 100's of flavors available (because we generally buy models blank cartomizers exist for)

Last edited:

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Direct dripping is fine (sorry haven't watched the video as my internet connection is playing up & I can' get video's to stream at the moment).

The batteries should last you several months but it's hard to predict how long the atomisers will last - Usually between a couple of weeks & a couple of months.

Religion

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2011
AZ
Hi Want to Quit,
You start with batteries, cartomizers (or atomizers and cartridges), liquid, and a charger. Batteries last for months usually. cartomizers last for a week to a few months depending, liquid is usually used at about 3ml per day, and chargers usually last a year or two. Small cigarette looking kits are easier for first time vapers, but most people move on to bigger batteries or mods (modifications). The KR808D-1 or the 510 are the 2 most popular starter kits. You should be up and running for about $30-$70. Most cities do not have reputable brick and mortar e-cig stores, so you're probably better off sticking with a trusted vendor here on the forum.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
LiteCigUSA.net
Cignot.com
Liberty-flights.com

or for KR808D-1, Vapor4Life.com (or for plain KR808D-1 see LiteCigUSA.net)

And I recommend manual batteries which are safer from getting killed by juice leaks, won't turn on accidentally from wind or vibration, and I think they make it easier to get a good hit

If you want more vapor, go 510. If you want a hotter hit, go KR808D-1

510 comes as a 3 piece but plenty of blank cartomizers are available

KR8 comes as a 2 piece and plenty of prefilled and blank cartomizers are available. To use as a 3-piece you need a DSE901 atomizer and 901 drip tip or carts (or other atomizer using as adapter)

Battery life
Basic Joye 510 - 180mah or about 2-3 hours of light vaping
KR808D-1 w/ standard battery or Joye 510 w/ mega xl batteries - 280mah i.e. 60% longer charge

fat battery models Ego or Riva 510 - 650mah and higher

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I think all Rivas and Egos are manuals. Just buy a drip tip and yes you can direct drip. The Riva lite bundle at Liberty-flights.com is a good deal. And remember to buy eliquid. The starter liquid you get may be harsh 100% PG but you need liquid to hold you until you order liquids elsewhere. For liquids elsewhere I like 70pg/30vg (smooths out any irritation of nicotine for me, leaves good Th and flavor, adds nice vapor. Some prefer 80pg/20vg for more TH. Some want less TH and more vapor and like 50/50)

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
I did searches on the net for the best e-cig and got ads. Went to the local mall and bought the Trio fifty-one and extra cartridges at a kiosk. It doesn't taste exactly like a real cig but satisfies my nic need and I feel like I'm smoking.

Q1: Can I put this juice I'm reading about in this model and may I ask if anyone has heard of this one? I'm willing to buy another. I'm committed to this transition.

Q2: There's so much to learn. I spent time in the beginners forum but didn't find a 1-2-3 type 'what to get and how to get started' type sticky. Does that exist? Thank you!

NorthOfAtlanta

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
Canton, GA
Just joined today, No7square was the first brand I tried and I had the same problem. Called them and they explained the you have to push the button and hold it until the light flashes on the pcc to start the charger. It will turn red for a short period to let you know its working.

Forgot that you need to watch the tips of the batteries, if they don't flash a couple of times they are not making good contact in the charger.

Last edited:

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
I did searches on the net for the best e-cig and got ads. Went to the local mall and bought the Trio fifty-one and extra cartridges at a kiosk. It doesn't taste exactly like a real cig but satisfies my nic need and I feel like I'm smoking.

I found their web site here. This is not your fault. Others, including me, have paid to much for their first kit but, I think you might the the worst case of that I've ever seen. Try to get your money back.

You bought the rebrander's favorite. It looks to be a KR808D2. As you mentioned it does and will work. However you can't get accessories for it and it's WAY over priced. It's not what I would recommend but, you can get the Vapor King Shorty Value Kit at Vapor4Life for a lot less and it's the KR808D1 equivalent to what you got. There are accessories available for it and you can get them from a lot of other vendors. You can get a D1 to D2 adapter at Le Cig to use your batteries with D1 accessories.

Q1: Can I put this juice I'm reading about in this model and may I ask if anyone has heard of this one? I'm willing to buy another. I'm committed to this transition.

My first kit was similar. I managed to drip juice through the battery hole to fill it. If you try that, be careful with those auto batteries, if you put in too much and some drips into the battery, it's toast. Dormouse seems to be the expert on filling different cartos. She might be able to tell you more.

Q2: There's so much to learn. I spent time in the beginners forum but didn't find a 1-2-3 type 'what to get and how to get started' type sticky. Does that exist? Thank you!

No it doesn't because right now, there's not really a clear best choice. There's not likely to be for a while. FWIW my recommendation would be the SLB Riva Kit in Matte Black at litecig. Liberty Flights usually has them a little cheaper but, they are out. It's a little bigger than a cigarette. More cigar sized but, you won't be tied to a charger. With a max 2 hour useful charge those little batteries get old fast. It's a manual battery. That means you have to push a button to activate the battery rather than have it be automatic. That's more dependable and there's no hole for juice to go into when you overfill.

Last edited:

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread