E-Cig cartridge tastes like plastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havax

Mar 29, 2016
My vape broke, so I pulled an old VAPOR4LIFE Vapor King auto E-Cig out of my closet, along with an unopened blank cartridge. I charged the battery overnight and opened the ecig cartridge and added juice to it using the Dripping and Condom method. It appears to be completely full, and I've hit it multiple times. The first hit tastes good, but after that it starts tasting funny, kinda like plastic, and it burns the back of my throat. I did get a head high from the vaping, but i'm a little worried because I can't really distinguish between a nicotine high and a plastic high (If it is burning plastic).

The cartridge also gets really hot, and thats when it starts tasting funny.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Doesn't sound good, I'd stop using that. There's a reason cartridges truly aren't used at all anymore, on anything. There are many options available for short term use that you could pick up at a 7-11 to satiate a craving for now, or you could just spring for a new device. If you are on a tight budget, there are many devices now that are totally serviceable, cost less than $25, and will blow what you're using out of the water. Most don't use much, if any plastic, so that risk is nil.

Seriously, I'm not going to harp on, but it's not worth it. I understand we can't all blow money on stuff all the time, but your way is truly not an alternative solution with the plastic taste and throat burning.

If you can afford a device that will become your new primary, do it. At the very least, get something that isn't this. Hell, you could even still find a plain old standard resistance dripping atomizer somewhere (like a local B&M) that's threaded to fit on the same battery and it will be miles better/safer than it sounds like this cartridge is.

I just realized you won't even see this until probably a week or more after you posted, so I really hope you came to the same or similar conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread