Do You Have Customs & Import Issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
My order came from Hong Kong and was being delivered by DHS here in the USA. My package was held by customs and I was told the FDA wanted to take a look at it. It was labled as Lung Guard. I explained what it was and they told me that they would have to clear it with the FDA. Somthing for all to know so if this happens to you... tell them that the FDA has no jurisdiction over your package as it is NOT a quit smoking aid rather a smoking replacement which gives the FDA no rights to regulate the product.

great advice, thanks Dark Justice ... will have to remember that if I ever order from the other side of the pond :thumb:

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Believe me .. in frustration I wrote a LONG explanation to Customs, stating the materials in the package were alternatives to cigarette smoking, not meant for smoking cessation. Basically, they said I was using them to stay off cigarettes. They are for smoking cessation. Well, I found it's not quite as simple as ... you have no jurisdiction! And, of course, they just sit on your "express delivery" package as long as they want. I NEVER told them it was for smoking cessation, yet that is exactly the phrase they put on a revised invoice attached to the package I received. The one with FDA approval on it. Go figure.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Believe me .. in frustration I wrote a LONG explanation to Customs, stating the materials in the package were alternatives to cigarette smoking, not meant for smoking cessation. Basically, they said I was using them to stay off cigarettes. They are for smoking cessation. Well, I found it's not quite as simple as ... you have no jurisdiction! And, of course, they just sit on your "express delivery" package as long as they want. I NEVER told them it was for smoking cessation, yet that is exactly the phrase they put on a revised invoice attached to the package I received. The one with FDA approval on it. Go figure.

must mean the FDA thinks its for smoking cessation and that its OK :thumb:

I highly doubt FDA would just throw an FDA Approval if they didn't mean it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread