Building Consensus on the Important Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Note: Latest update doesn't show really any change from previous update, but would note that #2 is getting closer to number 1. And that #4 is close to moving down while #6 is close to moving up.

Also wish to note that I see #4 and #5 as distinct issues. Both important. I still see what is currently #4 as most important issue we are up against. Not sure I can make strong case of difference between flavors and nicotine strength / bottle size as both are categorically vendor items, but for now I'm choosing to keep them separate.

I am up for suggestions that lump things together as I chose to lump education in with studies and product safety in most recent update. But just so this thread doesn't get lost in discussions on tangents, my preference is that if you have suggestions or questions about my updates, please PM me. Thanks!

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
1 - Product safety, studies and education that establishes the safety of nicotine / vapor.

2 - Elimination and/or prevention of indoor/outdoor vaping bans (decision of property owners foremost).

3 - Eliminate the ability of workplaces & health insurance to discriminate against people who vape nic without proof of legitimate reason.

4 - Protecting free market for vendors to sell strength of nicotine they desire, size of bottles they desire, max nic in base 80 mg, in ready to vape juice 36 mg (48? I stayed with 36, but only by a hair).

5 - Protecting consumer choice with ability to buy whatever device works for them.

6 - Permitting vendors to sell any flavor.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I understand what you are saying. But the reason that a 17 year old is on analogs is because he broke the law in the first place. Personal Responsibility is a "beeeotch". Like you said, there has to be some give and take, and although I understand there are underage smokers who could use e-cigs to quit, we kind of have to sacrifice them to the fact that if we DO allow nic juice to be sold to minors, then we are simply peddling addiction to children.

Other controlled Nicotine methods could be made available to under-aged smokers. Such as using a zero-nic juice PV in conjunction with a doctor prescribed patch. Then the under aged smoker can limit their nicotine withdrawals while still getting addressing the other smoking behaviors using a nic free pv.

I know of cases where parents buy their 16 - 17 year old smoking children kits and nic eliquid to help them quit analogs. I am fine with that. Yet technically they could be prosecuted for it. That is how absurd our country has become.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread