• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

DIY E JUICE 20% ? Confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cole.nikky67

Apr 18, 2016
Iv been making my own e juice , I can't take too much PG as I get swollen glands and a lump in my throat ! So I got 100 VG and flavour concentrate , I read somewhere to use 20 % flavour concentrate ? Does that mean , if I make 10 mls of e juice , do I add 2 MLs to 10 mls or do I add 2 mls to 8 mls ? Iv asked and sum say to add 2 Mls to 10 , others say add 2 Mls to 8 ? Which is it please help ? Confused vaper

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Iv been making my own e juice , I can't take too much PG as I get swollen glands and a lump in my throat ! So I got 100 VG and flavour concentrate , I read somewhere to use 20 % flavour concentrate ? Does that mean , if I make 10 mls of e juice , do I add 2 MLs to 10 mls or do I add 2 mls to 8 mls ? Iv asked and sum say to add 2 Mls to 10 , others say add 2 Mls to 8 ? Which is it please help ? Confused vaper
A 20% flavouring recommendation is for it to be 20% of the whole, so for a 10ml bottle of ready to use, you'd need 8ml of base and 2ml of flavouring.

Cole.nikky67

Apr 18, 2016
A 20% flavouring recommendation is for it to be 20% of the whole, so for a 10ml bottle of ready to use, you'd need 8ml of base and 2ml of flavouring.
thanks ,
That's what I did first , then ppl said I was doing it wrong that 20% meant add 2 mls to 10 , but I thought I had it Wright to start with thank you

Reactions: Pictor

Cole.nikky67

Apr 18, 2016
I have such a bad pg sensitivity and one of my mixes gave me such a lump in my throat , that's what happens with sum juices I get swollen glands in my throat and feels like I have a lump or pill stuck in my throat :( verry sad as my favourite flavours ( brands ) have 70 vg , 30 pg I love onehitwonder it has 80 % vg and is lovely can take a bit mixed with 100% juices , but then there's the sweetness and flavour problem.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
No need to guess or do the maths in your head;
eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator

in general, percentages are of the whole.
10% of 10 ml is 1 ml.
9 ml of anything plus 1 ml of something to total up to 10 ml (the whole)
depending on the brand of flavour you are using, 20% is VERY high.
Most of my mixes don't exceed 15% and single flavours I typically mix at between 5% to 12%.

Cheers
I

Cole.nikky67

Apr 18, 2016
No need to guess or do the maths in your head;
eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator

in general, percentages are of the whole.
10% of 10 ml is 1 ml.
9 ml of anything plus 1 ml of something to total up to 10 ml (the whole)
depending on the brand of flavour you are using, 20% is VERY high.
Most of my mixes don't exceed 15% and single flavours I typically mix at between 5% to 12%.

Cheers
I
I use 20% because it's the sugested amount for vg based flavour concentrate, although I do use a little pg based ones ,as they have a stronger flavour, I also add a tiny bit of distilled water, if I vape onehitwonder mixed with half or more 100 % VG E JUICE ICHOR ones don't give me a lump and are very tasty , other times I get a lump from velvet cloud and I love it , maybe some tiny amount of pg ? I don't kno ? It's very annoying I just wish I cud get the same flavours as brands like velvet cloud , onehitwonder , coz there sooo tasty , I'm still working on trying to clone my man by onehitwonder :) and not using as much of my pg concentrates out of 2 ml I use half a ml of pg based concentrate .

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I use 20% because it's the sugested amount for vg based flavour concentrate, although I do use a little pg based ones ,as they have a stronger flavour, I also add a tiny bit of distilled water, if I vape onehitwonder mixed with half or more 100 % VG E JUICE ICHOR ones don't give me a lump and are very tasty , other times I get a lump from velvet cloud and I love it , maybe some tiny amount of pg ? I don't kno ? It's very annoying I just wish I cud get the same flavours as brands like velvet cloud , onehitwonder , coz there sooo tasty , I'm still working on trying to clone my man by onehitwonder :) and not using as much of my pg concentrates out of 2 ml I use half a ml of pg based concentrate .
I can get the same reaction from certain flavours as I do from too much PG. (Certain vanilla flavours, strawberry, blackberry/currant, lime...just depends on the brand).
You could try these VG based flavours - unless you already have:
Real Flavours - Chefs Flavours Ltd ...sorry, see it's already been mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread