Disillusioned by PIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmoney

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2010
USA
To the PIF Group

I have never posted a whole lot in PIF or really on the whole forum. I read the forum more than posting and use what I learn to make my ecig experience better. That is what brought me to PIF. Up until recently, I have had very successful trades within PIF and have appreciated and benefitted from the generosity of others and vice versa. Now though I have become somewhat disillusioned as the result of dealing with a member of this group. I accepted a PIF juice offer from a member on May 31, 2010. That PIF was supplemented by another member so I should have received packages from two members. Because I felt the offer I accepted was so good, I felt my return offer needed to be really good so I offered brand new hardware and juice which was snapped right up. Well to date, I have only received the supplemental package that was added to the original PIF. The member whose PIF offer I accepted hasn't bothered to send me anything. In fact, this member has lied to me three different times about sending the package out and then when inquires come because I haven't received anything, I get excuses.

I probably would have just chalked it up to you live and learn and you can't trust everybody, but because this happened in the PIF group, it hurts more. This is why it hurts......First, no one likes being lied to. We are all supposed to be adults, so if you're not going to live up to your end of the deal then just say that. There is no reason to keep lying and saying you are going to send juice (that would only take a couple of bucks to mail) if you aren't really going to do it. Second, this member started a contest to give away some things he was making 3-4 days after I accepted their offer. During one of the inquiries about where my package was, this member told me that satisfying his obligation to the winners of that PIF contest was more important than satisfying any PIF obligation to me because he didn't know me. Now there have been times that the PIF group has felt a little clique-ish to me, but when I was told that by this member it brought it to a head.

Anyway, I just needed to get this off of my chest. I haven't participated in the group since this all went down and not being a popular member of the group, I'm sure that fact matters little to most if not all of you. But the experience has made me look at the group with a more wide eyed view. It sometimes seems that if you aren't popular, your wants in the wants/need thread may be ignored even though a popular person can want the same thing and get it almost immediately. If you aren't popular, the PIF offers you accept may or may not be satisfied because you aren't important enough.

Will I get over it and shake it off...most definitely. Just something that I needed to say and now that it's said, I'm done with it and that member.

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
I'm sorry to hear this has happened. It's never fun when something like this goes down.

I've experienced it too, and never received a PIF, and have also been on the opposite end, when I have been deliquent in mailing out a package. Have heart, most of the people on the forum are good. It's like any place, there are a few bad apples.

jjrose

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2010
Mississippi
I agree with Leannebug. Problems arise from time to time in any type of trade situation.
I personally haven't had any problems in PIF, but stuff happens. Please don't feel negative towards the group because of an issue with one person.

I stay to the fringes of the group and I'm not super active, but everyone seems to treat me as an equal.

Mr.Self_Destruct

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2010
Queens, NY
I had a problem with my first trade ever here. The member has been banned. Many members of the PIF group were kind enough to send me juices no strings attached. I just can't get myself to do it again, but I always check anyways. I just keep putting juices aside that I don't care for, to PIF. I also check the wants and needs thread to see if I have something someone needs, So far I haven't seen someone needing something I have to give.

ToniAnne

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Just a heads up!!
We will have a zero tolerance for people not fulfilling their PIF promises or anything that seems like they are taking advantage of the giving nature of the group!!

Anybody who fails to send the promised PIF offer will be banned from the group and possibly ECF!!!

Neph

If anyone has concerns or has not received an offer please contact either nephilim, Toni_DoV or me. This is a generous group and not everyone is worthy of your trust. We do the best we can to look out for everyone but we need your help.

DITTO. period. end of discussion. Take advantage of the generosity of the people in this group... you're out.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
I agree that it is not cool that someone does not perform as promised. But I advise you to be very careful before publicly "outing" someone as a non performer. Libelous statements are not allowed. It is best to let the PIF mods handle it privately and involve me if further action is needed.

We can institute a temporary PIF ban while the matter is investigated and in can be lifted or become permanent depending on what the investigation uncovers.

Thanks

El

ToniAnne

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
now we did have a negative feedback thread somewhere around and even though it seems to be rarely needed, it should be up there with the stickies.
i believe that public exposure for a nonperforming member might be the best way to go.
The problem you run into there is that after posting negative feedback, you can't stop someone from taking an offer and then posting another. Then noone wants to take their offer because they have negative feedback... and a vicious cycle begins. The only way to stop it is to have a zero tolerance approach when a person does not come through with their end of a deal.

ToniAnne

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
I agree that it is not cool that someone does not perform as promised. But I advise you to be very careful before publicly "outing" someone as a non performer. Libelous statements are not allowed. It is best to let the PIF mods handle it privately and involve me if further action is needed.

We can institute a temporary PIF ban while the matter is investigated and in can be lifted or become permanent depending on what the investigation uncovers.

Thanks

El

Thank you, El, perfectly put.

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Unforunately, the "clique" thing has been brought up a few times. While I have to agree that it does seem that way, in reality, I don't believe it is. It's just that a few members are a lot more involved in this group than most anyone else.

That's a good point, Dudeman. Most of the time I think we all try to welcome new members and help the ones that need something. We can always be better and more conscious of how difficult it is to be "new", especially in a group as outgoing and friendly as this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread