• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Diagnosed with Cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cha0s13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Well its been a long 2 months. I was diagnosed with kidney cancer at the beginning of August. I have a herniated disk in my back that has bothered me for the last year. I went in for a ct scan and thats when they found the tumor on my left kidney. Im only 39 years old. I went in for surgery Aug 26 and had a partiial robotic kidney neprhectomy. My surgeon said I was lucky because they caught it early, and after they biopsied the tumor in the operating room, it came back as stage one cancer. The surgeon also explained since it was non evasive, they were able to remove it all and theres a good chance it wont come back, but still scared and hope that it doesnt. Both my doctors agree that having that ct scan probably saved my life. Im still hurting pretty bad from the surgery, but getting better each week. Very scary indeed especially when I have a wife and 3 year old daughter that depend on me. Is there anyone on here that has had kidney cancer or know anyone that has gone through this?

Kristin0624

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Bradenton, Florida, United States
My dad has polycystic kidney disease, not cancer. His function has just gotten down to 20% in both and we're just waiting for them to test him to see if he can receive a new one, has to do dialysis first of course. If he can get a donor kidney, I'm getting tested. Wishing you well, and praying that there is no more cancer in the future. Hugs.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread