• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Diagnosed with cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I just found out my biopsy results today and they were positive for cancer in my lymph nodes in my throat and a tonsil. I will be getting it operated on the 24th, Christmas eve. My timing is not very good but being as it has grown so much they don't want to delay at getting it taken care of. The doctor said it was most likely caused by my many years of smoking and abuse of alcohol even though I quit drinking 13 years ago and quit smoking three years ago I still am reaping what I sowed. No one in my family had ever been diagnosed with cancer before so I was rather surprised but I found out no one is immune to the disease. Being as we are all test cases for vaping I thought I would post this. I am 72 and smoked off and on for 60 years. I've been vaping for three years and am a rather heavy vaper. I don't think vaping has anything to do with this but we do need to keep records of any health issues that could possibly be related for the benefit of all. I do know that smoking was killing me and my breathing is 100% better than it was. I already have COPD from smoking so many years. I will keep this updated and let you know how it all turns out.:)

Last edited:

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Thank you trukinlady for the prayers. The Lord was with me forsure!
I'm back home now recupperating. They were able to get most of it but some was connected to my collateral artery so I will be going back for radiation and Chemo treatment on the 22nd. It will be about 5-6 weeks of treatment.
The good news is they let me vape all the time I was in the hospital.:)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thank you trukinlady for the prayers. The Lord was with me forsure!
I'm back home now recupperating. They were able to get most of it but some was connected to my collateral artery so I will be going back for radiation and Chemo treatment on the 22nd. It will be about 5-6 weeks of treatment.
The good news is they let me vape all the time I was in the hospital.:)

It will be a Fight but you Can Do It!

Be Strong and know that you are Not Alone.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
It will be a Fight but you Can Do It!

Be Strong and know that you are Not Alone.

Thanks eveyone. I'm about healed from the surgery on my neck and no longer in much pain except when I start to chew. I begin my Radiation and Chemo treatments tomorrow. They inserted a feeding tube in my stomach because they don't think I will be able to eat much after they get started. I just hope vaping doesn't bother it and I don't think it will being as it didn't bother it after the surgery. I can give up solid food but vaping would be a different story. :ohmy:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thanks eveyone. I'm about healed from the surgery on my neck and no longer in much pain except when I start to chew. I begin my Radiation and Chemo treatments tomorrow. They inserted a feeding tube in my stomach because they don't think I will be able to eat much after they get started. I just hope vaping doesn't bother it and I don't think it will being as it didn't bother it after the surgery. I can give up solid food but vaping would be a different story. :ohmy:

You'll get thru it. We are All pulling for you.

:)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I had my first chemo treatment yesterday and my first radiation treatment today and everything went good. I will be getting 3 chemo and 33 radiation treatments.

Glad your over the First Hurdle... Knowing what the Chemo and Rad Treatment are going to be like what you can expect.

Understanding what you're in for can in a way be a Load off your Mind. Sometimes that Not Knowing can be scary.

Hope you are doing well today.

Hope you are doing well.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I hope you are doing OK, TX! Chemo affects people in different ways. I know how rough it is, but God will see you through it! If you need to PM me for any reason, please don't hesitate to do so! I've been where you are, and I understand what its like. Take one day at a time. I'm keeping you in my prayers!

Thanks, All is good so far just a little queasy at times after one chemo and two rad treatments. I know the fun lies ahead but I do know I can endure what ever lies ahead through Jesus who strengthens me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread